It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-Rape Condom Unveiled for World Cup

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   

ANTI - RAPE CONDOM UNVIELED FOR WORLD CUP

news.ninemsn.com.au

A South African doctor has developed a new anti-rape female condom that has been unveiled in time for the World Cup.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on by dbates because: Caps Lock Title Edit

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I think is has to be best of the best inventions of the century, as long as it works and dons't end up with the women getting killed by these b.....ds.
to me this act tops the list in a long list of horrors, and personally I think rapists get off too easy. Hopefully this invention will help curb the tide.

news.ninemsn.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   
screw it i aint got anything nice to say about this.

[edit on 20-6-2010 by MR BOB]

[edit on 20-6-2010 by MR BOB]

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   
From the source

"It hurts, he cannot pee and walk when it's on," Dr Ehlers told CNN.

I want to know who was the person who gave testimony to the above quote.

Ouch!!!!

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Oh I see this litttle device being used in bad ways,po'd lady friends could exact a cruel revenge with this handy little device. Can I then sue all parties? Not trivializing rape mind you it certainly isnt a trivial issue but the potential for miss-use of this device will be recognized immediatly upon its release you watch and see.

[edit on 6/20/10 by nickoli]

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Funny the author was a female I doubt she experienced it.

reply to post by k0mbination

It's going to fail why practically : the rapist can go for anal sex. Besides have you seen the size of that thing, I doubt females can wear it for long..or would they take it out when the rapist is there and then wear it? Also it's a one time use, will fail in case of gang rape. Third, if the female had any chance to survive after rape, using this will have more chances of them getting killed.

[edit on 20-6-2010 by YJLTG]

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I would like to know more about this device, the story is a bit vague.

I don't believe I buy the "cannot be removed unless by doctor" part.
Not to mention once these things get used more and more, attackers are going to start "checking" and removing themselves before the act. However, give this to one wife with a cheating husband and watch the lawsuits follow.

Would make an insanely cheap population control device though if the woman was not able to remove it.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   
i think it is a great invention.
but is a woman supposed to "wear" one everyday, or just on days she thinks she will get raped? seriously. so if it is everyday that is $60 a month, and she still gets raped, but she gets revenge....kinda

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by k0mbination

Sounds like a good idea in theory, and if anything it will make someone think twice before raping someone else.

However, I have to wonder about the potential for this to be abused, especially since it's apparently going to be cheap and easy to obtain.

Think about it, a girl is finds out her man is cheating on her, so uses this to get back at him. I know most people wouldn't do that, but there's bound to be a few crazies out there.

[edit on 6/20/2010 by Hatcookie]

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Hatcookie

Think about it if a female forgets she is wearing it and goes home and starts to have sex with her husband.I doubt the marriage will remain happy ever after.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Doesn't sound realistic. Better way to discourage violence against women--arm them and give shooting lessons. Extreme but then again this is SA.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   
really, its best for you to learn some tecniques to defend yourself and tips on how to handle in these situations, instead of using something like that and paying 60$/month ...

that must suck

and as some people said, anal would still be an option

besides, raping is not just the act of entering the $@ on the $%, so ... thats just STUPID

really stupid, the guy who invented have a IQ lower than a monkey, ...

[edit on 20/6/10 by Faiol]

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   
That's sexist!

What about one for a guy being raped?

I mean come on!

Here is a picture

End sarcasm.

But seriously how do we know women aren't just going to do that to get back at a guy they hate?

[edit on 20-6-2010 by Gentill Abdulla]

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   
I'd have to agree, that while great for it's intended use, it's possible misuse is grotesque.

The news stories will be interesting though!

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Bad invention, with good intentions.
Two things wrong with this:
1. Its the quickest way to turn rape into murder. This is the most dangerous repercussion of the device. Sure, they say you can not walk with it inside of you, but have you ever been in intense pain like that? You either pass out or are hyped up for a short amount of time on adrenaline. Think about it...

2. Vengeful women who desire to get back at some unsuspecting male. This device can be easily abused. Easy tool of revenge. Hidden and almost invisible.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Once attached, only a doctor can remove the Rape-aXe and Ehlers hopes authorities will be on the scene during any potential removals.

"It hurts, he cannot pee and walk when it's on," Dr Ehlers told CNN.

"If he tries to remove it, it will clasp tighter… however, it doesn't break the skin and there's no danger of fluid exposure."

I would hope that they would make it mandatory for authorities to be on the scene during the removal of these things.

I would think a rapist could remove it himself with a pair of scissors, but then again I'm sure they've tested it although I don't know what man would be willing to test something like that.

They better start implimenting some strict laws and penalties for anyone that uses this for revenge.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   
so like whats going to protect the chick when rapist A gets his jimmy stuck in this contraption and he goes into a fit of rage and and blows her brains out or does something worse. Do they make these in child sizes it is sad and sick but seriously would a mother make there little girls use these as well. Theres alot of ramifications to this device and I dont think that it will deter anything it could just as well make rapists do even worse things to cover his own a$$. IDK truly disturbing.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   
this will not last very long
however it may be a fad for a while.
Too inconvenient, costly and too
many lawsuits.

Now men will counter with
something far worse if used
against them.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   
At least I know now!

If my ex-girlfriend starts hitting on me, warning lights are going to be going off in my head.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   
What will be really cool, is the girl using this device gets drunk or stoned forget she has the thing up there if it is like tampon.
Anyhow the boy friend ends up suffering from the result, and if what is said true, going to hosiptal to have thing removed.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join