It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BP to Collect 80,000 barrels a day by Mid July...?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Just shooting a dose of hope into the mix here , though obviously if there is is a landslide or gas bubble burst or millions of barrels a day leaking as some speculate then none of this means jack.

By mid-July, BP expects to have enough processing capacity on site to collect 80,000 barrels of oil. Containing the oil is now considered the best option until relief wells to plug the leaking well are finished in August.

source

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   
[edit on 20-6-2010 by slank]

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I'm still having a hard time with their math. The well is leaking 35000 to 60000 per day, and yet they are going to collect 80000 per day

I will believe it when I see it, or when I see something that looks like truth out of them. Or when I don't see so much stuff coming out of the well head.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

No, the numbers were increased last week to 80,000 or so are the numbers given, now independent experts claim that the spill is well over the 100 thousand mark.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
it wouldn't surprise me if those relief wells don't work cuz lets face it nothing else there doing has.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Wow, the numbers just keep going up, up, up. It was reported on one of the news stations that they knew the amount was at least 40000 to 60000 from the beginning when they were claiming 5000 at most. This was from a leaked email inside BP.

I wonder what the "real" amount leaking actually is
and how much of that is oil and how much is other gases.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

I take it to mean, they will have the capacity to take up 80,000 a day, by that time. Doesn't mean they will actually collect that much, or if it is leaking at 100,000+ a day, they even by then they still can't get a lot of it. As far as i can tell, we still cant get a clear answer as to how much is leaking, how much is actually oil vs. methane, so on and so forth. And anything they tell us anyway, is suspect, most likely Super-optimistic. They have established that attitude right from the start. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt here (not that their past actions deserve it), by saying they are being optimistic with their numbers and time-tables (as opposed to being just plain misleading). After all, now with Tony "Heywood you ask me something about something i know like yachts or golf", out of the picture, everything's going to be just fine!

[edit on 20-6-2010 by elcapitano75]

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowspirit
I wonder what the "real" amount leaking actually is
and how much of that is oil and how much is other gases.

Check out BPs own document related to LEAK amount: Internal BP Document Shows Worst Case Scenario for Spill Could Be 100,000 Barrels Per Day

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowspirit
I'm still having a hard time with their math. The well is leaking 35000 to 60000 per day, and yet they are going to collect 80000 per day

Exactly, bp is anglo american so why should we listen to anything coming out off there mouths.

new topics

top topics

join