It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Want to know why society won't fight back? Simple. FEAR!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   

FEAR IS CONTROLLING THE WORLD

You guessed it. Another thread aiming at straightening out the masses beyond ATS.
I am tired of the blatant disregard for the increase in taxes and the decrease in our rights and liberties because of the ever-evolving search for more breaking news in this forum. Good gracious people. If this was a news forum it would be Yahoo! news.
Seems like everything is copied and pasted. No one writes original stuff.

Ok. Now to the point.

You want to know why there won't be a revolution in the USA?
Want to know what's stopping the public from 'waking up'?
Need the reason for all the distraction and apathy?

FEAR

Fear that if you stopped paying taxes, you'd lose the house, car and new 56" LCD TV.
Fear that if you stopped working and marched on Washington, you'd lose your job.
You'd lose the ability to pay for all these nice things!
You'd lose the ability to pay for the lap of luxury you call the 'American Dream'.
You'd lose all the money you've invested in the the biggest ponzi scheme of all, Wall Street.
Your kids would lose the ability to have a better life than you, when in reality, we all have it pretty good. (In the USA)

Face it.
If you actually stopped your life to march on DC...you'd lose!
If you stopped everything you were doing and marched on DC with a plan to fire Congress...
You would lose your slice of the American Pie.

And GOD knows you wouldn't want to lose everything you've worked soooo hard for.

There won't be a revolution until the Internet is shut down or Cable TV goes dead.
THAT's the only way to get people off their collective butts.
Maybe that's what it will take.
Because new, obviously unconstitutional taxes, devastated ecosystems, and the blatant fiat (fake) currency wasn't enough to start a revolution.

FEAR is driving the average American to stay home and act like everything is OK.
They know this and are fully aware of how to take advantage of it.
Just ask Rahm Emanuel.

This is not a rant. It is a statement and conspiracy all by itself.

Comments?!

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
It comes down to fight or flight for every individual, but "society" will never do anything, because "society" is not real. I have never met this "society", and have only met individuals who claim to be a part of it. Most individuals I know operate on a fear based logic, they are not hero's, nor do they aspire to be hero's. Of course, mythology since time immemorial tells the same mythic tale over and over again of the hero's journey.

In the hero's journey, that hero is always a reluctant hero, who at first declines the call to adventure. It is only circumstances that compel that hero to act in ways that operate outside of self involvement and fear. However, once they do finally act, what qualifies them as a hero is that they act on behalf of others, and place their own well being at risk in order to save others. Some hero's stumble, some tragically fall, and some are victorious, but all go through the same journey.

We cannot wait for "society" to act, as society will never do anything other than be society. Those who are hero's will know it when the time comes, and they will act regardless of the fear they surely will know when they act. They will suppress or overcome the fear because they must, and they will act as hero's do...on behalf of others.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jean Paul Zodeaux
We cannot wait for "society" to act, as society will never do anything other than be society. Those who are hero's will know it when the time comes, and they will act regardless of the fear they surely will know when they act. They will suppress or overcome the fear because they must, and they will act as hero's do...on behalf of others.

You have to be one of my favorite writers here on ATS.
Always thought provoking and creative.

This statement here is true beyond comparison.

I used the word 'society' loosely.
It seems that together, 'society' is panicky, chaotic and unruly.
When singled out, people are calm, collect and rational.

Thanks for the input.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by havok

Your kids would lose the ability to have a better life than you, when in reality, we all have it pretty good. (In the USA)

So see, you make one point and then counter it with what you said above.

It isn't fear, it's apathy.

I believe when enough people get to the point where they fear, you will see action.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   
The people behind governments know that people are smartening up...
FAA under pressure to open US skies to drones

WASHINGTON – Unmanned aircraft have proved their usefulness and reliability in the war zones of Afghanistan and Iraq. Now the pressure's on to allow them in the skies over the United States. The Federal Aviation Administration has been asked to issue flying rights for a range of pilotless planes to carry out civilian and law-enforcement functions but has been hesitant to act. Officials are worried that they might plow into airliners, cargo planes and corporate jets that zoom around at high altitudes, or helicopters and hot air balloons that fly as low as a few hundred feet off the ground... ... State police hope to send them up to capture images of speeding cars' license plates. Local police envision using them to track fleeing suspects. Like many robots, the planes have advantages over humans for jobs that are dirty, dangerous or dull. And the planes often cost less than piloted aircraft and can stay aloft far longer. "There is a tremendous pressure and need to fly unmanned aircraft in (civilian) airspace," Hank Krakowski, FAA's head of air traffic operations, told European aviation officials recently. "We are having constant conversations and discussions, particularly with the Department of Defense and the Department of Homeland Security, to figure out how we can do this safely with all these different sizes of vehicles."

Pentagon plans blimp to spy from new heights

The giant dirigible would use radar to closely and constantly monitor activity on the ground from 65,000 feet. March 13, 2009|Julian E. Barnes WASHINGTON — The Pentagon said Thursday that it intends to spend $400 million to develop a giant dirigible that will float 65,000 feet above the Earth for 10 years, providing unblinking and intricate radar surveillance of the vehicles, planes and even people below. "It is absolutely revolutionary," Werner J.A. Dahm, chief scientist for the Air Force, said of the proposed unmanned airship -- describing it as a cross between a satellite and a spy plane. The 450-foot-long craft would give the U.S. military a better understanding of an adversary's movements, habits and tactics, officials said. And the ability to constantly monitor small movements in a wide area -- the Afghanistan- Pakistan border, for example -- would dramatically improve military intelligence. "It is constant surveillance, uninterrupted," Dahm said. "When you only have a short-time view -- whether it is a few hours or a few days -- that is not enough to put the picture together." The project reflects a shift in Pentagon planning and spending priorities under Defense Secretary Robert M. Gates, who has urged the military services to improve intelligence and surveillance operations while cutting high-tech weaponry costs. If successful, the dirigible -- the brainchild of the Air Force and the Pentagon's research arm -- could pave the way for a fleet of spy airships, military officials said.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8e781bbbf14b.jpg[/atsimg]

It's not not terrifying...

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   
No kidding..! Fear rules us all.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
[I] réponse à [url = # www.abovetopsecret.com... pid9060747] poste par l'Alaska [/ url] [/ i]
[Plus]

"Apollo 11","9-11" = scalar weapon.
Airship flask = Pchtt! Boom!
Finished!

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I agree with much of what you stated. But I also think that there are a good number of people who are afraid more of the lack of leadership. What I mean is if someone who had connections to the federal govt. like a governor or congressman were to step up and start to organize a force of the public for the public and lay out a game plan, people would sign up in droves to unite. The key is to having a well known public figure as the spearhead so that we would at least have a fair chance from the legal end, and a fair hearing in court. during the start of the civil war for example, the south was backed by the states involved against the feds. So when the war started they were treated as soldiers not terrorist. That is my fear at least.

[edit on 6/20/10 by xyankee]

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   
It's not fear, it's doubt.

I am not afraid to give my life for a cause I deem worthy; but, at the same time, I feel that it's foolish to act alone and without a group of people willing to do what is necessary. We cannot 'gather', we cannot 'group' and we cannot 'arm up' and march on DC; let's face it, we've all thought about it....we just can't do it because:

1.) it goes against what we believe to be the 'right' way to handle things (IE violence vs peace)

2.) police & military will squash any opposition to the current powers, regardless of reason. they act on orders, not morals.

3.) we are left to sit back and watch the world crumble due to greedy, evil globalists out to control and divide the world

4.) the ONLY thing we can do is spread the information, be aware, get short-wave radios, stock up on food if you have the reserve funding, if you can...quit your job, grow your own food, become self-sustaining ASAP. this means empty your 401k and sell what you can to make this happen - otherwise you are just another brick in their wall and will be forced to follow their agenda - how about if all utilities are controlled next...what are YOU going to do when you have no heat/gas/electricity? you'll be forced to do what they tell you to get back your 'way of life'

fear is obviously used against us, but for many of us, it's doubt...we all doubt that we, as individuals, can do anything to make a worthwhile difference...and we're right. we can't. we had our chance but apathy has ruled this country for almost a century and the elite have such a stranglehold on this world & country that we are literally taking our last few breaths (freedoms) as they are squeezed out.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by havok

There are many reasons why society won't fight back and fear IS one of them. But I believe fear plays in important part in a battle as well. A person is very dangerous when he fears he and his family are in danger.

But what plays in important part of the elite's battle is divide and conquer. They have divided our thoughts, our nationalities, religion, and diversified us so much that we became each others enemy.

The elite are the puppet masters, our leaders are puppet masters but puppets of the masters, and we are the puppets. They play us against each other beautifully. The only way for us to defeat them is to set our differences aside and focus on the common goals; survival.

If the average human feels their family is threatened they will fight. But until that time, stay safe.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I also feel that the very first confrontation will be the most important. If something happens and people group together to kick the crap out of the oppressive side, set an example so to speak, I think you will find that many troops who have family won't feel it is worth the risk of going to work.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   
That is assuming that such an event would cause that to happen...

If executed properly by the elite, I can easily see a false flag killing thousands/millions even within our own country and I can see Obama passing it off as Al Qaeda, with their "proof" or "intelligence"...the world could still fall for such a scheme, and at that point the world will ASK for the NWO, NIO...whatever you want to call it...it won't be named that, but people will ask for the government to "protect" them which could easily lead to WW3, Martial Law, etc.

I think people are under the impression the revolution will be televised and we'll have a chance....unless it is something so blatant that our military & police stand down...we don't have a chance.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Complacency and lack of knowledge are just as strong as fear.

The truth is that most people have "tuned in" to everything else to a point where what should matter has been "tuned out". They aren't in fear of losing the luxuries, they are too engrossed in the luxuries to notice enough of what's going on that they just don't care.

A man I hold in high regard said that "the only only force you can have against organized money at the top, is organized people at the bottom". But the people at the bottom can't organize. We've been too preconditioned to fight instead of unite, to see each other as a label, to look for blame....for too many things.

Protests and civil disobedience at one point were an active tool in shaping our history, America has systematically placed a stigma on protests and preconditioned our ideas of them. Just think of a protestor, what comes to mind.

People have forgotten, ignored, or just choose not to learn history. And if people continue to ignore the history in the making, we are all bound to end up in the conditions that those forgotten people fought so hard to free us from.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by xyankee
I also feel that the very first confrontation will be the most important. If something happens and people group together to kick the crap out of the oppressive side, set an example so to speak, I think you will find that many troops who have family won't feel it is worth the risk of going to work.

To often handling the problems that plague us all are viewed in terms of confrontation, rather than confronting. There is a huge difference between confrontation and confront, not a fine line, but a Grand Canyon of a difference. Even so, when confronting a problem, particularly when that problem involves people, confront can all to often disassemble into confrontation. Once it becomes confrontation, confront is over with.

It is difficult to maintain a level of confront, especially when those you are confronting are all too willing to make it a confrontation, but if we are ever to fix the problems that we face, we can only do it by confronting those problems head on. Each of us can only confront in the best way we know how, and yes, an organized coalition of people confronting the problems is infinitely stronger than individual confront, but coalitions come with their own problems too. Coalitions are best when they are organically formed, which means they begin with just a handful of individuals who risk all in order to confront. If their risk pays off, the coalition will grow, and as it grows the inherent problems begin, only bringing about more problems that require confront.

Those who sit by and wait for coalitions to come to them will sit by and wait for coalitions to come to them, as like attracts like. Each individual has to decide what is best for them, but if and when an individual decides that what is best for them is what is best for all, the confront begins. To successfully confront a problem, and worse a multitude of problems, requires wisdom, patience and a force of will that is stronger than waiting for coalitions to find them. If that wisdom, patience and force of will is consistently applied, in time coalitions will indeed present themselves to that individual, as like attracts like.

Do what you can, do what you must, and if your wisdom, patience and force of will is synchronized, then what you will do is greater than who you believe you are. The power of one is a powerful force, and thankfully each individual possesses this power.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Reminds me of this, lol...hilarious video

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Me personally i could not give a toss, i think the world deserves all the rubbish it has, and your welcome to it.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I think the problem is that Obama was elected to be the "confronter" for us, which he's not doing. Yet people still have faith in him and his decisions, and that it will all work out. The general population don't want to "wake up," they have enough problems to deal with on a daily basis.

We asked a friend what he thought about the economy crashing, and he said, "I don't want to think about it... it will upset me."

We also go to a potluck every week at different neighbors houses. What do you think they talk about there? World events? Nope. The Gulf oil spill? Nope. Religion? Nope. Politics? Nope. They talk about the weather, and then "gossip about other neighbors."

But think about it, if the government can make everyone stop drinking for years like during the Prohibition, and make everyone drive 55 mph on the Interstates, it can pretty much do what it wants, and there's not much we can do about it.

[edit on 6/20/2010 by sodakota]

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by sodakota

The government did not make everybody stop drinking by passing the 18th Amendment, which is why it was eventually repealed, people blatantly refused to acquiesce to prohibition. Likewise many people blatantly refuse to acquiesce to the 55 mph regulation on highways. The only reason that regulation remains on the book is because it functions as a revenue collection. Further, the only reason a black market in illicit drugs thrives today is because people blatantly refuse to acquiesce to the legislation that makes illicit drugs "illegal". The so called war on drugs is backfiring on the government and more and more people who don't even do drugs are calling for repeals of the legislation that makes it illegal. They are, in effect, confronting the problem. The government thus far has been confrontational in return, but wisdom, patience and force of will, in the end, will win out.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Great posts and excellent responses!
I agree with alot of what has been said, and feel that the more this issue is brought up, the more people pay attention.

When I first wrote this thread, I thought I should write 'Americans', but I chose 'society' instead because of the worldwide fear of gov't control.

It's not just an American subject, although its more prevalent here in the USA.

In summary, I think to this day, people are scared to lose what they have to fight for their rights. I don't mean your average ATS member, I mean the unaware public. I talk to people everyday about these things and I still have the same unanswered question:

If someone pays for a piece of property, then pays the sales tax in the beginning, why on Earth would they have to continue to pay a tax to keep it? If you stop paying property tax, you lose it, so technically it wasnt owned by you. Ever?

Anyone see the problem here?

Why haven't we elected people to change this horrific reasoning?

Why are we fearful of the consequences that would happen if we fought back?

This in itself is cause for alarm, but the complacent public deems it 'normal'. If you try to debate someone about this, they don't have the answer.

Keep researching!

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 07:07 AM
link   
I don't think people will fight back until what they are fighting against becomes crystal clear. At the moment, there are way too many angles, people and events for the "enemy" to be identified, confronted and defeated.
It's still smoke, shadows and mirrors at this stage. A picture is emerging but it's still not totally clear.
When the day comes when people KNOW FOR SURE who or what is responsible then you'll see a lot of very angry people shaken into action IMO.

And also, the fact that people haven't violently responded till now has also given TPTB extra courage, if you will, to reveal even more. The more we know, the better we can make a successful plan of action in the long term. So I think the lack of action has played well for us in getting more information as it unveils.

And in all honesty, no one I know is fearful at all. I think it's those of us who are aware of what is really going on, who are the fearful ones. Most are just totally unaware.

top topics

join