It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abu Dhabi To Host 2010 GICNT Plenary Meeting On 29th June 2010

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Abu Dhabi To Host 2010 GICNT Plenary Meeting On 29th June 2010

The Global Initiative to Combat Nuclear Terrorism (GICNT) is an international partnership of 82 partner nations and four official observers. All partners have endorsed a set of core nuclear security principles encompassing the full spectrum of deterrence, prevention, detection, and response objectives. Through multilateral activities and exercises, partners share best practices and lessons learned in order to strengthen both individual and collective capabilities to combat the threat of nuclear terrorism. Since the inception of the GICNT, partners have conducted over 30 GICNT activities and five senior-level Plenary Meetings. These events have resulted in greater networking and transparency among the international community and in enhanced coordination within individual partner governments.

i just received this breaking news on my cell phone and went
, what the ? i havent heard of this thing before , and i also searched ATS for the GICNT and couldn't find any thread talking about it.

further more when i googled i found this information from Wikipedia:

The Global Initiative to Combat Nuclear Terrorism (GICNT) is an international partnership of 79 nations and 4 official observers working to improve capacity on a national and international level for the prevention, detection, and response to a nuclear terrorist event. Launched on July 15, 2006 by U.S. President George W. Bush and Russian Federation President Vladimir Putin, commitments are carried out through the endorsement and implementation of the Statement of Principles. GICNT partner nations organize and host workshops, conferences, and exercises to share best practices for implementing the Statement of Principles. The GICNT also holds plenary meetings to discuss improvements and changes to the partnership.

Wikipedia

so somebody is up to something in the near future i guess , i hope not but it appears to be.

source
source

your thoughts ATS members

oh and i hope i posted this in the right place so if not please mods move it where it should be

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I remember reading about this at uni, never found it very interesting and ignored most of it. I think they release a few publications if my memory serves me right, like I say never paid that much attention to it. It was one of the more boring bit of the module on nuclear proliferation.

join