It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Full Blown Depression Coming

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   
I think this says it all:

The economy has been plagued with extremely high unemployment for over a year. There has been a relentless stream of bad economic news: closures of companies like Saturn and Mercury, the continued drain on the economy from the occupations of Iraq and Afghanistan and the crushing burden from 20 million illegal aliens. If we deported these 20 million illegals at the first sign of trouble in 2007, there might have been a chance the economy would recover, but as usual the two party system won’t do anything to fix the most serious problems facing us. The United States of America is now headed for a full-blown Depression, and it’s getting closer by the month.

Official Website of Representative David Duke, PhD

The article is well versed and even talks about how census workers are not doing any good for our economy by inflating numbers of those employed.

The lies continue and the falling apart has gotten worse.

Eventually the bottom will be the other thing stopping the White House from doing more harm.

We the People are in for a tough time if this continues.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 12:06 AM
link   
ICE would have a field day here in southwest CT, perticularly in CVS stores. bet theyde make q more than handsome quota if they wanted to check em out..along with fasle social security numbers*

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 12:23 AM
link   
I've been feeling like a depression is coming for a while now.

But people did live through the first one. The best way to live through another one is to remember what worked during the first one.

People worked together, they had victory gardens. Some people found ways to make items for very little money that were useful and that they could sale to others.

The motto was mend and make do. You didn't throw anything away if you could find a use for it. You learned how to feed a family even during rationing.

Older siblings handed clothing down to younger.

People had to find their own entertainment. People played charades or acted out skits, or did things that cost little or no money.

During a depression you would probably have to give up a lot, but think people can make it.

Many Americans have televisions and computers. Those are two things you can live without. Rid yourself of those bills. Get rid of the telephone if you have to, and only have an old cell phone that can connect to 911 if you have too.

Cancel your newspaper subscription.

Only drive to work and the grocery store and places you just have to go.

Mend your clothing and don't buy new ones. Get clothing from thrift stores or buy cheap clothing.

Drink water only and no sodas.

Quit smoking if you smoke

Quit drinking if you drink

I mean, there are a lot of steps a person can take to start saving money, just by giving up a lot of things.

As long as you have food, shelter, and protection you can live.

If your dog has a roof over it's head, food, and feels safe, it is happy.

A depression is no fun, but as long as your basic needs are met, you are successful. You can be happy if you choose to be, because happiness is a choice.

Happiness isn't something you are entitled to though. You have to choose to be happy with what you have. You can't expect someone to hand it to you.

You can say "I am not hungry, I am not cold, tonight I will sleep in a bed."

Or you can complain "I have no internet. I want chocolate. I miss television. I can't go anyplace fun. I don't have this and I don't have that..."

I believe most people could make it, even during a depression, but determing what they really need and what they can live without. If you can live without it, give it up.

If you complain, you will never be happy. But if you learn to give up a lot of things, you will have more for what really matters.

A depression will be hard on children and on the spoiled people in the world.

Some people have never had to work or get their hands dirty. But in the end, the depression could be a real character builder. It is a hard teacher, but it doesn't have to be a bad thing. Many inventions came out of the depression. People start to think about what really matters. Family becomes more important. People have more time for each other. Neighbors learn how to work together.

At least I hope we would all come together again. I know for some people it might be easier to turn to crime to get what they want and feel entitled to.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 12:56 AM
link   
By today's standards can't you say a lot of people are already living in one? I know it can get a lot worse. Perhaps I dont realize it because me and my family have been below the poverty level for the past 6 years.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 01:04 AM
link   
It doesn't take a lot of brains or training to pontificate about what is likely coming our way. That said, I think I will find my financial insights from someone other than a former KKK Grand Wizard... even his "Kinder Gentler, more enlightened" klan.

Sheesh!

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Seriously? David Duke?

I know the club of hate-others is now the club of self-love, but seriously? That guy is still around? And a Rep? Time for another WhiteHous beer summit.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 01:29 AM
link   
The oncoming depression seems to be a way to abolish the "New Deal". If that's its purpose then it won't be too bad. Best thing to do is like what an earlier poster said, depend on those around you and not the government.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 02:04 AM
link   
So we are going to have a full blown depression and it is all because of the illegal immigrants....According to David Duke (racist KKK leader).

Not an economist...not because of some data...but because of a self-proclaimed racist says so...and says it's because of illegal immigrants???

Is this really on ATS??? Or am I really really tired and dreaming this?

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 04:08 AM
link   
I don't live in United States so I'm not the best to judge. But I live in Singapore and I'm a local here. Let me tell you that the truth is damn far from media buzz.

In Singapore, the government in my country boast as having positive growth and employment figures. We do not have illegal immigrants problem. However, the real pain in the ass for us mid-to-low income citizens was the legal intake of foreigners and immigrants. This has been actively orchestrated by the government since 1990s to increase population and giving "foreign talent" as initial excuse.

As a result,
1. More than 50% of people in Singapore are foreigners/immigrants.
2. Our parks and beaches often crowded.
3. Our public transportation systems frequently overcrowded.
4. I'm being under-employed and underpaid. I was jobless for more than 1 year before getting this dirt underpaid job.
5. My friend is among the demoralized jobless.
6. Government and media suppressing truth.

Now, if you're an American and being underpaid or jobless .. yet you see those immigrants live their live happily around you .. when you have the qualification and skills to equal or better than those foreigners/immigrants .. how do you feel ?

The rich are getting richer. The poor are getting poorer and dead hopeless. Dire economic situation is everywhere. Not only in USA, but in Singapore.

[edit on 6 20 2010 by wisdomnotemotion]

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 04:51 AM
link   
This is racist and hate mongering at it's finest.

You should be ashamed of yourself to promote this kind of mean spirited tripe.

David Duke, former KKK Grand Wizard, is no body worth looking up to nor listening to.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 05:00 AM
link   
You know what always makes me wonder ?

How come America will invest millions of millions of dollars in war but they let their own citizens rot away and thrown on the streets.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alethea
This is racist and hate mongering at it's finest.

You should be ashamed of yourself to promote this kind of mean spirited tripe.

David Duke, former KKK Grand Wizard, is no body worth looking up to nor listening to.

Protecting local jobs for local people is not racist in the least unless you happen to be an immigrants looking to cash in on dying jobs demand.

Would you care to provide a link that says this guy was one of the top KKK leaders please because i'm a bit tired of the left saying everyone that cares about jobs are all mad about Hitller and want to gas jews

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Protecting local jobs for local people is not racist in the least unless you happen to be an immigrants looking to cash in on dying jobs demand.

Language is a wonderful thing, because often people say more than they wanted to.

"""Protecting local jobs for local people is not racist in the least"""

Is not racist.

"""unless you happen to be an immigrants looking to cash in on dying jobs demand."""

Adding the remark about immigrants is what lets your true feelings show through and make it racist

Would you care to provide a link that says this guy was one of the top KKK leaders please because i'm a bit tired of the left saying everyone that cares about jobs are all mad about Hitller and want to gas jews

Here ya go!
en.wikipedia.org...

Maybe you should learn some Google skillz? Because if you cannot even research, noone will take you seriously.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by LieBuster

This has nothing to do with protecting 'local jobs'. Just like in pre-WW2 Germany certain factions of the political fabric are using an easy target as the scapegoat and root of all our problems. They attempt to focus the population against the target groups (in this case illegals). Why?

Well, pre-WW2 Germany was in the toilet because the economy had been devestated by the government's handling of the economy and the costs of WW1. Can't have the population pissed at the government so it was the jews and 'liberals' responsible. Our economy was tanked by the government getting us into multiple wars we could not afford, failing to exercise its responsibility to provide oversight of WallStreet that ran fast-and-loose cooking-up shaky investment vehicles, allowing a huge number of jobs to be farmed-out overseas and pouring billions into private businesses and banks to stabilize them. But who's at fault for all our current problems? Illegals and liberals of course! Forget the fact that all those illegals were there during the boom times of the 80s and 90s. THEY are the ones who tanked our economy.

Yea right. But people are all too happy to drink from the koolaide trough just like the people in pre-WW2 Germany.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by jessieg

Loved your post. If more people even did just some of these things once in a while, they could put the extra money towards getting out of debt. And then it is much easier when times get really tough.

Too many people have gotten used to unconscious spending, and then they don't even realize where the money went. We recently looked at a couple we know, noticing how their whole life seemed to center around always having cigarettes available, and we added up what they spent on cigarettes per month between the 2 of them, it equaled the wife's monthly wages.

I have noticed the government hype down in the US is telling people to spend borrow spend spend....

It is almost like they want more people to go bankrupt. And to bring on a full blown depression.

Our government up here is actually telling us the opposite, to get our own finances in order, don't take out more debt, they gave us the option for a tax free savings account ($5000 per year tax free interest), and told us to try to use it, if we have anything left over to save. They even tightened up mortgage rules so people wouldn't lose their houses if the economy craps out again.

Why is your government trying to break the people? Putting them in bankruptcy situations?

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Geeky_Bubbe
It doesn't take a lot of brains or training to pontificate about what is likely coming our way. That said, I think I will find my financial insights from someone other than a former KKK Grand Wizard... even his "Kinder Gentler, more enlightened" klan.

Sheesh!

Beat me to it!

Quoting ANYTHING from Duke will automatically de-legitimize whatever statement you're trying to make. He's the third-rail politician

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I think anyone in the country is allowed there version of what is coming in teh future for America even David Duke.

Truthfully I do not pay attention to the KKK and the racist networks, I didn't even know he was affiliated with them.

See I even noted my mistake.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   
i live on an island where very few people who live here actually work on the island, in fact some places will tell you during an interview "we don't normally hire people from the island."

I have been turned down for jobs because there were teenagers who were willing to work any and all hours for lower pay - but they had less experience than me. I'm sick of all these migrant workers and teenagers taking my jobs!!!!

This island has the "haves" and "have-nots" - and the haves are gonna have a rude awakening when the have-nots refuse to work for peanuts.....

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by theability

I will ask the same question I always ask when someone accusses of illegals taking jobs.

Have you or any other American you know, actually go and apply to pick strawberries, lettuce or work in a chicken plant?

I would probably guess the answer.

Recently a 34 year old white guy published a book on this very thing. Is it American's can't get these jobs? He tested it. He applied and got a job picking lettuce at a lettuce farm. The latin workers were so suspicious of him, never seeing a white male work there before, that they wouldn't talk to him for weeks thinking he was a snark. After weeks, they finally started talking around them. After a few months of back breaking labor, they just decided he was nuts.

That is not to say other sectors like the building sector isn't a problem. But ALL jobs are not being taken.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

Yep.

Your post reminded me of the "panic" on the farms after 9/11 when the border was closed down so tightly. Crops were literally rotting in the fields because there were not enough workers [is it now politically incorrect to call them "migrant workers"? These sorts of "old names" seem to be all taboo nowadays and I really don't know about that one. Please pardon me if I've unintentionally used a socially unacceptable referent].

top topics

<<   2 >>

join