It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Van der Sloot's Mom: 'Joran is sick in his head'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Van der Sloot's Mom: 'Joran is sick in his head'

www.msnbc.msn.com

LIMA, Peru - The mother of Joran van der Sloot, the Dutchman accused of murdering a 21-year-old Lima student and long suspected in the disappearance of an American teenager in Aruba, says her son needs mental help but is not the monster people make him out to be.

"Joran is sick in his head, but he wanted no help," Anita van der Slot said, breaking her silence on the case in an interview published Saturday in the Dutch daily newspaper De Telegraaf (The Telegraph).
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Now why didn't this come out from the Mom's mouth when he was being investigated for Holloway's Murder?

You know I really cannot digest this one easily. Obviously the Family has known this guy is crazy and they hid it, and this confirms that family has sheltered this man for too long.

Anyway I guess the truth had to come out sometime that he was nuts all along. Too bad that two lives paid the price for this; his sickness.
ATS?

www.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 19-6-2010 by theability]

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   
In my view, he is of no importance to be constantly talked about, honestly. Maybe he just wanted attention, and he is getting plently of it.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Well ... too little, too late momma.

Now the dude is stuck in M.C.C. and looking at getting sent to Lurigancho.

Hope he enjoys his stay.

uk.video.yahoo.com...

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Have fun, Joran.

Can you say DOA in general population?

Thanks, Mommy van der Sloot for caring about other people while you boy did some dastardly deeds.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

From what I have heard on the news he is trying to get extradited to the Dutch Island of Aruba, so he can be sent to the USA for his extortion charge.

Peru might end his life in a few days. I bet he doesn't make the trial.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by theability

Oh I'm sure he's trying - but I wonder how it's working out, since his lawyer quit (lol) not to mention that I seriously doubt Peru will allow extradition. There are two murder charges to face, before extortion reaches the top of the list. We shall see...

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   
He killed someone. I don't buy that he is crazy either. That is just an excuse to get him out of jail with less time served.

He should not be allowed into the general population again, I think. He will probably kill again if given the chance.

If he is ever free, they need to medicate him, get him off of drugs and alcohol, and monitor him.

That is what they should do. If he goes free and kills again, more than just he will have blood on their hands. Everyone that is responsible for letting him go will be responsible if he is allowed access to another young girl he can kill.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   

I watched a video with Lurigancho in it on another thread. He has no chance in that place, he's done.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   
He's the same as any other murderer and should just be handled as such. Just throw his ass into a heavily guarded prison and be done with it. Not like there aren't other murderers who have done the same exact thing; they just didn't flee the country or get media attention. If you have to, execute him...then maybe other murderers will get the picture of, "if you kill someone for selfish reasons or no reason at all, you die" unless it was in justifiable defense. It would probably also show all possible murderers what happens when you take an innocents life for your own selfish reasons.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Marrr

Yep. I did a thread on that prison (hopefully his new home) and it was also exposed on National Geographic (Toughest Prisons) that video is about 25 minutes long and is linked on my thread. From what it states, there are 10,000 prisoners in a space made for 3,000 with about a 100 guards. The prisoners run the show. Seriously. It runs itself and if you are an outkast (i.e. you screw up and get thrown out of your section) you are totally on your own. If he gets sent there, he better hope he has a way to continuously receive funds that he can use to pay the big daddio in charge... my bet is they will keep him alive as long as his cash flow stays in tact. Lol. Great life. He deserves it.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   

since his lawyer quit (lol) not to mention that I seriously doubt Peru will allow extradition.

I'd quite if I was his lawyer too, his guilty its very obvious as well.

As for Peru, there was just a short on MSNBC, on TV they said Peru has no intention of letting him go anywhere but to his new cell.

I hope he goes to the hell he deserves.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Marrr

I watched a video with Lurigancho in it on another thread. He has no chance in that place, he's done.

I give him a week in GP and he's through.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Yep...

He will soon meet up with his Karma...

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

Imagine that now he says he was tricked into confessing after being placed in Jail.

What a jerk this guy is.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   
BREAKING news in Holland..

Joran framed by the FBI ????

just on TV... vid cam's hotel were FBI cams...

hotel had never posted cams there... and they are gone by now...
the other pokerplayer confirmed to be an undercouver agent...

Question ...how did the FBI know Joran was commiting an murder.... and WHY they diddend prevented it... IF Joran was the killer...

my guess... lady was killed by the FBI ..to frame Joran ..
motive: the crappy deal the FBI did with jOran...

[edit on 22-6-2010 by ressiv]

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   

www.msnbc.msn.com...

"If only he had listened to his mother. Then, this would have never happened," his mother said.

Sick people often come from sick families. His mother could just as easily turn that statement into "If only I had listened to other people, this would never have happened." She is in intense denial. Especially when she still insists he didnt kill Holloway. Clearly, whether he is ever convicted of it or not, he did.

Van der Sloot did not arise in a bubble. And even if he has some mental issues, you can already see in his parents actions how such a monster was allowed to develop. The whole thing is just a horrible mess, and its a good thing he is caught and incarcerated. His family has this second girls blood on their hands as well, as had they not covered up for him, he would not have been free to commit the second murder.

I do not feel sympathy for his mother at all. Yes, a mother should love their child, but love, even unconditional love, does not mean blindness. She could have unconditionally loved that boy in prison rather than enabling him to commit more crimes.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by ressiv

Ummm, no. Dont even try to pin this on the US. He is your monster. Not ours.

He wasnt framed. He is a sick, violent young man, and everyone and their cousin was enabling him to continue to be a sick, violent young man.

This isnt the FBI's doing. Its his.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
His surviving parent (mother) fully deserves whatever torment she visited upon herself by being such a rotten, rotten POS mom. You raise a kid that's capable of dumping a body of a person why may well be alive in the ocean and don't have any bones about it. Or, blungeon a young lady to death and take a taxi to a neighboring country.

Have fun Joran, I hope we get to follow your progress thought the penal system. Take good care of your rectum. You'll need it.

top topics

join