It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sores on the body after going into Mobile Bay 5-8-2010

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   
OK the video is shocking... if true... this person should go to the ER RIGHT NOW and sue BP/EPA for not enforcing/not telling people about this.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   
There's no audio and this could have been posted by anyone.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
So she was wearing shoes???? Who in their right mind would go into that water at the moment. The reason i asked is look at where those bites I mean sores stop right at the sock line. Just sayin. Thats my buck fifty on that. Some litigious sole tryin to get there 15 bucks.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Lol, everyone is going into "debunk" mode for no reason. There is no reason to think this is a hoax, nor a reason to totally rule out the possibility. Great share OP

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Oh my bad she was wearing hightop flippers...

Snorkeling even...

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
OK the video is shocking... if true... this person should go to the ER RIGHT NOW and sue BP/EPA for not enforcing/not telling people about this.

IF

this is true, their shouldnt be a lawsuit. this person is just too stupid to breath.

Why would you knowingly go into the water knowing whats going on? I've heard from a few people that the area smells like diesel fuel.

stupid people. god loves'em. Thats why their are so many!

I agree with Blasted. those look like chigger bites.

[edit on 19/6/10 by felonius]

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   
This could be real, this could be fake? Until more cases like this pop up, its hard to say whats what. We should at least give this a chance, maybe look into it a little deeper. Who posted the video first?, any media on this case?, are there any others complaining of same/similar symptoms?> Not going to say one way or another on this yet, but it is interesting though

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   
It looks suspiciously like impetigo. Mostly found in children, a mosquito or flea bite is scratched, not cleaned properly, and bacteria enters. It spreads.

I'm thinking if this was from walking in contaminated water, why is it not on both legs, or on the entire skin surface that was exposed?

Just saying.

ETA: I had only looked at the pict when I posted the above because I was listening to Car Crash Radio. lol. But I've seen it now, and I see it is on both legs. However, from the looks of the fish washing up, can you imagine the amount of bacteria there, baking and reproducing in those warm shallow waters?

Any small tear in her skin, even from shaving, could have let in massive amounts of bacteria. She's nuts for walking in that stinking water.

[edit on 6/19/2010 by ladyinwaiting]

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   
She wants money from lawsuit, to sue BP and what it did to her. I THINK , SHE IS A MONEY SEEKER. Sue for money, by swimming in the waters.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Id be willing to be she put oil in a syringe and injected a drop or 2 just under the surface..

opportunist..

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Not saying this is real but I have a deep feeling for some reason that it is. I wear high top flippers when I go in the water. Yea, people are't always smart but they should be able to wade in the water anyway. Anyone recall the image of the guy from Ky that went into the oil soaked water with goggles, a determined soul just wanting to enjoy his vacation.

High IQ's now required to swim??

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by CREAM
Lol, everyone is going into "debunk" mode for no reason. There is no reason to think this is a hoax, nor a reason to totally rule out the possibility. Great share OP

Likewise there is nothing which makes it credible either.

I suppose you just want to believe... :-)

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Two words. Jelly Fish.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by CREAM

The fact you could lie in a tub of oil and that would not happen may be a reason for the skepticism. Don't you think?

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Don't know what that is or if it was caused by the going into the water (stupid woman) but I will just say that I've seen people walking around with sores that look like that and/or scars left over from sores like that long before this Gulf oil issue.

It looks like skin related ulcers that some diabetics get.

...or Impetigo, as mentioned above...

ETA:
I read the video description/caption, she says that her skin blistered and then the sores appeared, but she doesn't mention anything about going to the doctor. Uh - why?

[edit on 19-6-2010 by LadySkadi]

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Anyone that willing goes in that water with it the way it is without proper protective gear is an IDIOT! If this is true, wth did she expect?! She might as well bathe in it at home them.

I can't stand people with no common sense like this that turn around and want sympathy for their own stupidity!

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by ladyinwaiting
It looks suspiciously like impetigo.

I thought the same exact thing looking at the pictures. I was going to respond with that until I saw your post.

My sister had this many times growing up.. looked exactly like the pics.

top topics

join