It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FEMA, DHS Back Disaster Hero Game

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   

FEMA, DHS Back Disaster Hero Game

www.gamepolitics.com

Disaster Hero is being developed in conjunction with the American College of Emergency Physicians (ACEP), with funding from the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) and, in turn, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), under which FEMA operates. Due out sometime in 2011, the game promises to “focus on what to do before, during and after a disaster,” with an emphasis on “getting an emergency kit, having an emergency plan and being informed.”

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Is this an attempt to prepare our children on what is to come? Are we being educated (brainwashed?) on how it's "ok" to be detained against our will when our government declares a national emergency? Or am I over thinking this?

www.gamepolitics.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by monkeySEEmonkeyDO

You're paranoid as all hell.

It's a web based game that is being designed as an "educational simulator".

Just to give you a heads up, an "educational simulator" that is web based created by a no name company is not the same as say, Call of Duty or Grand Theft Auto.

I doubt many people will play it and I doubt many of the people who do play it will consider what they learned in "Disaster Hero" when SHTF.

But if you're still paranoid, have your kids play Fallout instead of "Disaster Hero". Because in Fallout, the government is who #ed everything up and is one of the bad guy factions in the game.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Well surely there are going to be cheats in this game. How about the cheat where you hold the shift button down and pres SHTF and then the game follows the simulation on total government military takeover engaging in martial law, genocide and death camps.

Oh the "Cheat codes" possibilities would be actually endless..

[edit on 19-6-2010 by wiredamerican]

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Yea...sometimes a cigar is just a cigar. Just because I'm a trained disaster response counselor does not mean I know of the secret government plot dictating the need for mental health professionals to help the masses with their re-education. I personally think this game is a great idea but I doubt many will willingly logon to play it. Unless there's zombies.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by monkeySEEmonkeyDO

I don't think you're over-thinking it. There have been plenty of govt news and doc's lately about disaster preparedness. Here's a small sample:

www.dhs.gov...

Washington, D.C.—Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Secretary Janet Napolitano today announced the adoption of the final standards for the Voluntary Private Sector Preparedness Accreditation and Certification Program (PS-Prep)—a major milestone in DHS' implementation of a program recommended by the 9/11 Commission to improve private sector preparedness for disasters and emergencies.

and www.nerc.com...

High-Impact, Low-Frequency Event Risk to the North American Bulk Power System

and

www.asisonline.org...
Organizational Resilience: Security, Preparedness, and Continuity Management Systems - Requirements with Guidance for Use

Major things they seem to want to prepare people for - pandemics, earthquakes, power outages and bio threats.

It would be easy for people to wonder "why would the govt that's in bed with the NWO want to prepare people for the disasters that they themselves are perpetrating?"

They need the disasters to mentally destroy the public so they are ripe for the fake aliens and global leaders/ "Christ" at the end of the 2012 psychological operations, but they need the foundations for the next phase/ the rebuilding also. If society was totally snuffed out/ collapsed (which seems to be the scale of their operations - and this is what makes all of these exercises so horrifying), they would lose everything they have worked for/ the NWO would not be possible.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Funded by FEMA... American tax dollars well spent. you never know perhaps they will use it as a recruiting tool.. Top score gets you a corner office and benefits!

The game American Army a $10 million dollar recruiting tool developed and distributed by the U.S. government is used as a "educational simulator".
If the game is real enough for real-life applications maybe a lil education/brainwashing is not so bad

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 12:37 AM
link   
I wonder how realistic they'll make it. Are they going to include private security mucking things up? Detaining the player for attempting to help with the disaster? Government assistance being poor or non-existent?

Better off picking up Fallout 3 and preparing for life after the world has gone and blown itself up. Hell, you can even shoot members of the Talon Company. They're damned annoying, running around shouting, "TALON COMPANY!"

new topics

top topics

join