It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hear me, in 1983, challenging Fred Steckling on Open Mind Radio Show

page: 1

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 12:59 AM
link   
I have stated many times my disdain for people such as Fred Steckling who is partially responsible for the lunar anomalies "industry". He sold a package of stupidity when he published his crappy book "WE DISCOVERED ALIEN BASES ON THE MOON" possibly thinking that he could outdo George Leonard, author of "SOMEBODY ELSE IS ON THE MOON" and "MOONGATE" by William Brian, etc.

In 1983 I had the above 3 books and I couldn't believe what the authors were proposing using NASA images from the various lunar missions. I had also acquired NASA pictorial volumes and found many of the photos from the books. In the NASA volumes the photos were reproduced in high quality and large sizes whereas the above authors published small books with small, badly reproduced photos.

I became a lunar anomaly researcher and since George Leonard had washed his hands from his book that left Fred Steckling who made countless mistakes easily refuted. My letters to the editor of FATE which were published also challenged anyone and everyone making similar claims and no one ever took me up on my challenge. I never gave the future a second thought and didn't consider that eventually, lunar anomalies would become such a hot topic. But it did and I watched it grow, in disgust.

Then came the internet and all of a sudden there were forums dedicated to alleged lunar anomalies using Fred's claims. Additionally, many websites went up dedicated to the silliness of the whole thing by "respected" people such as the clown Mark Carlotto, Richard Hoagland, et al.

I had a ton of research that I never made public because when the Internet started I used the restricted WebTV and after a while of constantly dealing with much less informed people I gave up publishing my findings, mainly based on Fred's and George's books.

A while back I found a blog that mentioned Bill Jenkins' radio show from the '80s, Open Mind but I downloading the audio from those shows became problematic and I gave up.

Tonight I found a website that features videos of the radio show with guest Fred Steckling but it's the audio coupled with photos from Fred's book. I listened to a few and lo and behold one starts out with me arguing with Fred but not from the beginning of my call to Bill. A little more work and I found the first part where Bill prepares Fred for my call - from a "challenger".

I need to set you up to understand where I was coming from. Prior to the radio show featuring Fred I had tried to contact him through snail mail so that he and I could get together and I could bring my NASA volumes to show Fred his photos from his book and the same photos in my NASA volumes and prove to him that my criticisms of his book's contents were well founded. Since I used to listen to Open Mind I was pleasantly surprised when I heard that Fred was the guest and that he had been on before.

I called the radio station, got put on hold and then Bill introduced me. I come across as someone who has just run a marathon and my heart is racing and so is my mind. I wasn't cool and I made a couple of mistakes in what I said but I finally got to tell Fred what a fool I thought he was.

I have posted on this before and even included a photo of the letter that Fred sent me telling me that getting together was not necessary as I had proved my point that his photos were misinterpreted, etc.

Give a listen, in 2 parts.

Open Mind with Bill Jenkins - Fred Steckling: Alien Bases on...
At 5:10 Bill says goodbye to the caller and prepares Fred for my call.
www.tubesearch.net...

Continued at
www.tubesearch.net...

[edit on 19-6-2010 by The Shrike]

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Fred rocked!

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Interesting and well done

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by The Shrike

Respect

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by k3rm1t
Interesting and well done

Thank you. That was in 1982-1983 and listening to it now after all these years reminds me of one of my favorites scenes in the movie "THE BEDFORD INCIDENT" with Richard Widmark as James MacArthur's commander in an American sub hunting a Russian sub. Everybody's tense as they start to interact with the Russian sub. MacArthur is in charge of pushing the button to release a nuclear weapon and he's waiting on pins and needles for Widmark to give him the word. Widmark is having a conversation with others in the control room when he says, referring to the Russian sub commander: "If he fires one, I'll fire one!" MacArthur hears only "Fire one!" and he pushes the button that will mean death for all as when releases the nuclear weapon so does the Russian sub commander in response.

When I was talking to Bill Jenkins and Fred Steckling it felt as if my hand was on that button and I had lost all cool and was constantly firing, accurately and not.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 06:11 AM
link   

The Shrike.....

Thank you......very, very interesting!

And.....

Good on your for your very knowledgeable, high energy approach!

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not

The Shrike.....

Thank you......very, very interesting!

And.....

Good on your for your very knowledgeable, high energy approach!

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

Thanks. I had posted Fred's letter on a previous thread but I can't find the thread and the photo of the letter was removed so I am re-posting it for those who missed it the first time around.

You'll see that Fred admits that his book contained multiple errors from photo quality to claims of what they showed. Fred also admits that a re-publishing of his book is not possible. This is because instead of re-using 125 NASA photos it might containt approx. 10, IF that many. His son carries on with a cleaner version of the book but the intent has not changed. I was never contacted and Fred died leaving the legacy of a fool.

If Fred had gotten together with me I would have brought my NASA pictorial volumes especially the 9-pount and large "LUNAR ORBITER PHOTOGRAPHIC ATLAS OF THE MOON" and he might have withdrawn the book as a result. He blames the publisher for the book's poor photo quality but he could have halted production until a better product was finalized. But it really didn't fall on the low quality of the photos in his book, it was his multiple errors and particularly his claims.

Below I post the letter from Steckling and a transcription of the contents just in case.

October 16, 1983

Edward Lopez
11548 Magnolia Blvd. #113
North Hollywood, Ca. 91601

Dear Mr. Lopez
I have received your letter of OCtober 11th, and must
say that I certainly appreciate your constructive criticism.
I am aware that I have numerous errors in my book, and
also misinterpreted some of the photographs.
I feel however utilizing so many of the NASA photos, I proved
my point that something is going on on the Moon.
I am also aware that some of the photos are either
over or under exposed, which was due to the poor reproduction
at the book manufacturer.
You may recall that I mentioned in my book that if half
of the photographs would be accepted, it would awaken the
reader to the fact that somebody else is on the Moon.
In time to come when we plan the second edition of this
book, we will take your suggestions into consideration and
try to produce a 100% factual book, if that can be possible.
I don't think a personal meeting is necessary, since you
have proven your point well, on the air and in your letter.
I will also Major Petersen re-examine the photographs
he submitted to me for possible errors in his interpretation.

Sincerely,
Fred Steckling

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9f6b57bf696f.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 12:36 AM
link   

The Shrike.....

Thanks.....

It is very interesting to see that.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not

The Shrike.....

Thanks.....

It is very interesting to see that.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

Thanks. I would like to put a stop to the continued publishing of his book, now being done by his son. Even if I published my almost 30-year-old research results, it wouldn't be enough. It might stop one or two from buying the book but I blew it when I failed to so back in the '80s and I regret not doing so. I still have my copy of the book with all of my notations but what keeps from bothering is that in the end no gives a damn, they're going to accept something as real because their mind accepts such foolishness.

top topics

join