It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we failing to stop the next flu pandemic?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Are we failing to stop the next flu pandemic?

wellness.blogs.time.com

The H1N1 flu pandemic last year came out of nowhere. Well, not exactly — H1N1 first emerged in human beings in Mexico. But that wasn't where most influenza experts were looking. The focus had been on southeast Asia, where the H5N1 avian flu had been infecting — and killing — human beings for the past few years. Most flu pandemics begin in that part of the world, where dense populations of people and animals commingle. H1N1 was different, however, and the world paid the price.

But we may not have learned our lesson

(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Fixed Title

[edit on 6/18/2010 by JacKatMtn]

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I know, we beat this story to death last year here on ATS.

But will the flu be revisiting us not just here on ATS but up close and personal.

Here is another quote from the article that I loved.
"A team of researchers from Hong Kong sequenced viruses found in pigs in the city's largest slaughterhouse over the past year and a half. They found that the H1N1 virus that had caused a human pandemic last year — and which is still infecting people — had passed back into swine, and was mutating and reassorting with other viruses the pigs had been infected by. (Pigs can be infected by multiple strains of flu viruses, making them living viral mixing bowls.)"

Viral mixing bowls. Yuck. No more raw pork for me.

I sincerely hope that a flu pandemic isn't just around the corner but it's still early in the year. I'm stocking up my cupboards once again.

wellness.blogs.time.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mode edit : fixed format

[edit on 6/18/2010 by JacKatMtn]

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   
It's simple to avoid a pandemic like the swine flu ... just turn off your TV.

It was nothing more than fear mongering for ratings by the MSM and a profit scheme for the drug companies ... who proved having WHO connections is worth big bucks.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Wildbob77

Aaah, so they're already planning! Well I still won't be getting any vaccines, I'll take my chances! A little sunlight and echinacea should do the trick!

check this out...
www.youtube.com...

[edit on 6/18/2010 by chyeaaitskristyn]

new topics

top topics

join