It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sarah Palin: Smoking Pot Is No Big Deal

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ZombieOctopus

I see your 20 and raise 100.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   
No big deal its just too bad that kids, pet and adults are being killed from raids, and money and property are being seized because of convictions and our jails and prisons are being overfilled, and its no big deal. Thank god we live in a free society.

Been waiting to here something intelligent to come out of this woman mouth for a long time, but I didn't expect this.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   
So many mixed emotions!

Palin... well... she is.... her. There are 3rd graders with more brains and a better work ethic.

But one of her speech writers, or dog trainers, or whoever it is that coaches her.... gave her the right line this time!

Could be a number of things... but my gut instincts says the last thing on that list would be because she would do anything about that statement if elected to office.... if she made it passed half a term anyway.

Palin will always be Palin, to me anyway... but even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then... and by god, she GOT ONE!

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by CHA0S
If marijuana is "bad"...then why did God (if "it" exists) create it to grow upon this Earth in abundance...are you telling me God made a mistake...are we declaring one of Gods creations an evil abomination? Just think about that...

P.S. I don't believe in "God"...

From every thing I have read, Sarah Palin appears to believe in God, and if so, and if she reads the Bible, there is plenty of evidence that God gave hemp to man to use, and there are many other uses than just as a relaxant.

Actually, in Genesis, in the Bible, God says every herb, bearing seed, is for man for *meat*, or for the use of.

God said, "Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree in which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.

And to every beast of the earth, and to every fowl of the air, and to everything that creepeth upon the earth, wherein there is life, I have given every green herb for meat: and it was so."

And God saw everything that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day. (Gen. 1:29-31)

Other quotes from the Bible are relevant to the use of marijuana as well, see some quotes in this article, Marijuana and the Bible, and as another poster said, it is completely *natural* and needs no additional processing for use, just as God made it.

As a different poster said, I have worked with a lot of people, and the ones that used marijuana were much more dependable than a lot of the others, especially the drinkers. (Not that drinking is wrong either, moderation in all things is the key)

God Bless

sezsue

[edit on 26-6-2010 by sezsue]

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Wow....I am...almost....speechless. Sarah said something remotely sensical? Shocking...truly shocking.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 01:12 AM
link   
I've always liked Palin...

Anyhow, I completely agree with her on this specific subject.

To protect my ATS future, I'll end my reply here.

GO PALIN, 2012!

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Wow... a lot of people giving Palin the nod.

"OH, SHE'S SAID SOMETHING I AGREE WITH!"

"SHE MUST BE AN HONEST POLITICIAN!"

"WE ALL VOTED FOR OBAMA LAST TIME, BUT LET'S ALL VOTE REPUBLICAN THIS TIME..."

Come on people... the face of politics never truly changes, it only changes sides (and masks) to keep us hopeful.

Anyone who seeks a position of power is looking to control something.

If you want a real idea for change, how about letting the people vote on their own bills, rather than having the scumbags in congress do it for them.

That's right.. FIRE congress and let the people vote in their own laws.

Unfortunately, America is probably way too dumbed down now for such a task.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander
me finding something coming out of Sarah Palin's mouth that I find admirable and intelligent

That's not a show of intelligence, that's a show of common sense. It's not a trait one should admire since we are all expected to possess it.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Remember, a politician is not suppose to be someone who defends their case, but rather, someone who takes the case of the people's desires and uses it responsibly in a model true to the republican form of government (not the party). If she truly does state such a thing, she is prioritizing more important matters and it is a sign of sanity for once. It also might be a sign that she is listening to the people. That's a good politician. The question now becomes, will she keep her word by 2012?

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by CREAM

Originally posted by utahjay
I am sure I may receive a flaming for this but I agree with her. And....I am a law enforcement officer. I do not and have never smoked marijuana and never will. I simply do not care for drugs or tobacco. I don't even drink all that much just the occasional beer or glass of wine. The fact is alcohol impairs a person much more than weed and alcohol is legal. We as taxpayers waste a lot of time, money, and effort on marijuana and there really is no reason for it. Legalize it and get it over with. I am confident it will be legal during my lifetime. Please keep in mind I do not think other drugs should be legal such as coc aine, meth, etc. But marijuana, can you really make a case that it is that bad for you or society?

" I do not and have never smoked marijuana and never will. I simply do not care for drugs or tobacco. " thats funny how you know you dont care for something even though you have never tried it. Same goes for coc aine, I think it all should be legal..

Marijuana is a lovely thing. Cocaine, meth are different of course. But if people want to kill themselves, just let them do it. The big brothers will make money out of it anyway.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join