It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BP's Hayward hands over daily Gulf operations

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   

BP's Hayward hands over daily Gulf operations

(Reuters) - BP Plc's (BP.L) (BP.N) CEO Tony Hayward will hand over daily oversight of the oil giant's response to the massive spill in the Gulf of Mexico, Sky TV reported on Friday, citing an interview with BP Chairman Carl-Henric Svanberg.

SOURCE: uk.reuters.com...

[edit on 6/18/2010 by chrisrand]

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   
This news is just breaking now so that's why the article is not a full one. But I for one say this is an obvious move after Tony Haywards fumbles during the congressional hearing yesterday.

Lets hope his replacement can at least answer some questions.

EDIT:

So after a little research it turns out that BP Chair BOB DUDLEY will be replacing the befuddled Hayward.

But judging by his lying in the past (ie: BP Official: Leaking Gulf Oil Well to Be Shut 'Hopefully Within a Week') he wont be much better.

[edit on 6/18/2010 by chrisrand]

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   
So he was in charge all along. Guess he lied to congress.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by chrisrand

Oh I bet!

No one wants to have to sit in that chair twice....

I can just imagine what he was thinking about changing in his life after his grilling yesterday.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
In a way, I'm surprised the man didn't jump off a tall building.

Still.. they didn't ask him about the Corexit.. which is ODD.. even the EPA isn't talking.. Somethings up.

I wonder just WHO he is going to turn operations over to. (the article does not say) He's got military like private security companies guarding the Gulf Coast beaches and they won't even tell you who they are working for.

If I were the Governor of one of these states, I would go down to the beach with news crews in tow and let them film anything they want.. and just dare these security guys from trying to stop me.

That's the kind of action we need.

[edit on 18-6-2010 by JohnPhoenix]

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

Yeah.... I was wondering about that as well... They did mention anti freeze, but never corexit

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

"Tony Hayward would hand over the day-to-day handling of the spill to managing director Bob Dudley once the leak has been capped."

new topics

top topics

join