It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America Faces Years of Toxic Rain - Is It Time To Move Somewhere Else ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   

North America will be facing years of toxic rain because of the poisonous chemical dispersants BP is using to control the Gulf of Mexico oil spill.

When you pour more than a million gallons of toxic chemical dispersants on top of an oil spill, it doesn’t just disappear. In this case, it moves to the atmosphere, where it will travel hundreds, if not thousands of miles from the site of the BP oil spill, in the form of toxic rain.

examiner.com

i live in Florida and i am seriously worried about this scenario and i'm even considering moving back to the Northern states just as a precautionary measure. i would think it's possible for some of these chemicals to reach that far North but i fear staying here in the South because, my gut feeling is telling me i am going to subjected to unhealthy levels of poison if i stay here. has anyone else thought about this and do you think there will be a mass exodus from the Southern states ?

i have heard that when water evaporates it becomes pure but i have been reading about how the chemicals in the dispersants they have been using can become gaseous and be absorbed in clouds.

The main differences between Corexit 9500 and Sea Brat 4 lie in how long these dangerous chemicals take to degrade into their constituent organic compounds, which for Corexit 9500 is 28 days. Sea Brat 4, on the other hand, degrades into an organic chemical called Nonylphenol that is toxic to aquatic life and can persist in the environment for years.

A greater danger involving Corexit 9500, and as outlined by Russian scientists in this report, is that with its 2.61ppm toxicity level, and when combined with the heating Gulf of Mexico waters, its molecules will be able to “phase transition” from their present liquid to a gaseous state allowing them to be absorbed into clouds and allowing their release as “toxic rain” upon all of Eastern North America.

Even worse, should a Katrina like tropical hurricane form in the Gulf of Mexico while tens of millions of gallons of Corexit 9500 are sitting on, or near, its surface the resulting “toxic rain” falling upon the North American continent could “theoretically” destroy all microbial life to any depth it reaches resulting in an “unimaginable environmental catastrophe” destroying all life forms from the “bottom of the evolutionary chart to the top”.

www.eutimes.net...

even if the Toxic rain was minimal i have to take into consideration the possibility of a Hurricane showing up and creating a nightmare scenario for the Southern states and coastline. of course the big picture is even worse because i think they won't ever be able to stop the leak and the oil is getting into the gulf stream and could surround the State of Florida and run up the Eastern coast.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5534417607b5.jpg[/atsimg]
www.nasa.gov...

i'm not just thinking about myself here, i am deeply saddened this disaster has happened and i know this will affect millions of people for years to come but the question is, is there a cause for alarm and should the people that live in the southern states start thinking about getting out of the potential danger zone ?

Today the Louisiana Environmental Action Network released its analysis of air monitoring test results by the Environmental Protection Agency. The EPA’s air testing data comes from Venice, a coastal community 75 miles south of New Orleans in Louisiana’s Plaquemines Parish.

The findings show that levels of airborne chemicals have far exceeded state standards and what’s considered safe for human exposure.

For instance, hydrogen sulfide has been detected at concentrations more than 100 times greater than the level known to cause physical reactions in people. Among the health effects of hydrogen sulfide exposure are eye and respiratory irritation as well as nausea, dizziness, confusion and headache.

The concentration threshold for people to experience physical symptoms from hydrogen sulfide is about 5 to 10 parts per billion. But as recently as last Thursday, the EPA measured levels at 1,000 ppb. The highest levels of airborne hydrogen sulfide measured so far were on May 3, at 1,192 ppb.

www.infowars.com...

[edit on 18-6-2010 by easynow]

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by easynow

does getting no replies mean there's nothing for me to worry about ? LOL

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Hate to break it to you, but a lot of rain is toxic. Every raindrop is a result of water condensing around a small dust particle of something, and a lot of times that something is not all that good for you. That's why people used to collect rainwater in barrels and let them sit for a while. To let the sediment settle.

My feeling on this whole gulf problem is that it'll take a few hurricanes to clean a lot of that stuff out of the water, but after a few years nature will take care of it and push it down into the ground and the sea floor. Nature's surprisingly good at cleaning things.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift

a lot of times that something is not all that good for you

10-4 that's what i thought , guess i need to seriously start thinking about moving.

i'm not sure about a couple Hurricanes cleaning things up because i don't think the leak can be stopped. the leak might continue for years and might be the reason Obama avoids talking about "plugging the leak" in his latest round of speeches. thanks for the reply i appreciate it

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   
The oceans are all connected. This will be global not local soon enough. Nowhere to run to, sorry. Expect more cases of cancer, birth defects, mutations, respiratory diseases. Ya know, the usual.

[edit on 18-6-2010 by unityemissions]

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

got any good news ?

i hear ya on it becoming a global problem, i think your right about that but i believe i need to get out of the initial danger zone very soon.

thanks for the reply

[edit on 18-6-2010 by easynow]

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by easynow

Yes, there's dollar drafts at the local bar here, so if you want you could always come hang-out and we could party it up while civilization continues it's steady, inevitable process of implosion.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   
If the big shot oil tycoons do not STOP buying out, and crushing technologies that eliminate our need for oil, we better start searching for a DIFFERENT PLANET to live on, as we are certainly DESTROYING this one FAST!!!!

We, the common folk, wouldn't have to rely on oil if the CORRUPT oil tycoons who have only PROFIT and GREED on the their minds 24/7 would try to think about our planet and life itself for a CHANGE.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Shine71

Agreed, except what would make you think all these sociopaths are miraculously going to grow a conscience out of nowhere?

The true solution is for the common-man you speak of to realize the corruption that's EVERYWHERE, and realize that our elected officials are a joke that don't represent us.

The system is too far gone to save. We must dismantle it, and hold all the bastard people responsible, and implement a new, sane system which works best for us all.

It's NOT going to happen by just complaining. We MUST organize.

top topics

join