It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Animal Cruetly By Police

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by brilab45

It's not like I have pitbulls.

See, that's part of the problem though.
The hype and propaganda.

'Pit bull' has become synonymous with CUJO (maniac killing dog from a Steven King book/movie).

I've known collies and golden retrievers that were biters.
Heck, half my brothers face was taken off by a collie when he was 3, but I had a pit bull my daughter could dress up in baby clothes.

Combine that stereotype with cop(s) that have the same outlook on life as you.

I hate humanity.

They 'hate' humanity. As you state you do.
They're set and ready for Cujo's cousin here to rip their throats out as (purportedly) the dog has already attacked people.
IMO it's for exactly those reasons, hate, stereotyping and hearsay this situation escalated to tragedy.

The same can be said for the cop that punched the teen girl in the face the other day.

No, I'm not defending their actions.

I'm saying people have to STOP HATE of all kind... And STOP judging people, and animals a like.

This video is a prime example of when hate and stereotyping goes too far.

peace

[edit on 19-6-2010 by silo13]

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Hhhmmm... Disturbing indeed.

Listen up, humans. I resign.

Yeah right... I only wish I could resign from humanity. That is, become a lesser, instinct driven creature. I would probably opt for a wolf. If reincarnation turns out to be true, please universe let me return as a wolf. I tire from the sadness and evil that is human beings.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by super genius
i love the outrage when something liek this makes a blip ont he radar, then no mroe than 1 hour later the peopel that get so furious over a shooting of a dog, sit down at the table for thier dinner or beef, chicken, or seafood.
every time you eat meat, your essentially doing the exact same thing. dont try and rationalize this away, unless you know of a way to seperate the meat form a cow/chicken/fish and its still alive, i dont want to hear it.

Yeah, because I'm sure the cops were going to dine on filet mign-dog that night.

/sarcasm

This horrendous incident sir, is nothing even remotely compared to killing for food.

When I eat meat, I keep in mind the immense sacrifice that the animal made for me and I expect that the animal spent it's life being treated with the utmost respect.

These cretins in the video are a disgrace to the badge and the community they were expected to serve. They add another tarnishing mark upon police everywhere who, unlike them
, take special precaution when confronting an animal as to not unnecessarily cause them harm.

Sadly, in many places in this country, the laws regarding animal abuse are misdemeanors at the MOST! Videos like this NEED to be shown to the public to expose those who treat animals in this way. It sickens me that the individuals involved were trained to be paragons of professionalism.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by theability
reply to post by name pending

What I couldn't believe is how calm the dog is to begin. He's leashed and laying down, why use the pole?

It defies logic.

No it doesn't.

Animal Control or the SPCA has used those poles before.
It is for the safety of the worker should the dog try and attack them.
It is a very rational safety measure.

Yes, dogs can be calm and then suddenly panic and bite a stranger.

One female worker from Animal Control had a pit-bull lock on her chest with a powerful bite. I've personally seen strays I helped attack a member of the SPCA when they tried to retrieve them. I myself was bitten by a stray cat I was helping when it panicked at the sight of another cat and I ended up in the hospital for a day or two.

The cat was a very calm cat up until that point.

Happens all the time.

- Lee

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 01:37 AM
link   
You know that dog was not even a threat to anyone. This type of behavior by law enforcement seems to be the norm these days. Do they need special training because apparently they have no brain.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 01:38 AM
link   
If you were to shoot one of their own police dogs then you'd be charged with felony assault of a police officer.

Why do these donut eating Gorillas get off scott free?

People here have made some excellent points about how unsafe these cops are to have on our streets. If they can shoot a subdued dog twice as if their getting rid of their garbage than they'll shoot humans just as easily.

I too would not want these thugs patrolling my neighborhood.

Another case of Gestapo training results for the Gorillas.

And what this really boils down to is copper the Gorilla just wanted to use his pop gun... Pathetic.

Hurrah for the pigs once again.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by super genius
i love the outrage when something liek this makes a blip ont he radar, then no mroe than 1 hour later the peopel that get so furious over a shooting of a dog, sit down at the table for thier dinner or beef, chicken, or seafood.
every time you eat meat, your essentially doing the exact same thing. dont try and rationalize this away, unless you know of a way to seperate the meat form a cow/chicken/fish and its still alive, i dont want to hear it.

How come people like you never understand the sentiment of the hunter. Nature is set up in a way that there are hunters and there are prey. One creature must die to feed another. Even plant life is destroyed when it is eaten by an herbivore, and the life cycle continues when the herbivore is killed by the carnivore. All must eat, all must die. A good hunter understands this, and respects his prey with the utmost reverence.

This video shows nothing of the sort. No further explanation required.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
reply to post by brilab45

It's not like I have pitbulls.

See, that's part of the problem though.
The hype and propaganda.

'Pit bull' has become synonymous with CUJO (maniac killing dog from a Steven King book/movie).

Cujo was a St. Bernard with rabies.
I honestly had forgotten about that 30-year-old movie.

Anyway, Pitt-bulls are at the top of the list when it comes to dog bite fatalities and even total deaths broken down by breed.

Merritt Clifton, editor of Animal People, has conducted an unusually detailed study of dog bites from 1982 to the present. (Clifton, Dog attack deaths and maimings, U.S. & Canada, September 1982 to November 13, 2006; click here to read it.) The Clifton study show the number of serious canine-inflicted injuries by breed. The author's observations about the breeds and generally how to deal with the dangerous dog problem are enlightening.

According to the Clifton study, pit bulls, Rottweilers, Presa Canarios and their mixes are responsible for 74% of attacks that were included in the study, 68% of the attacks upon children, 82% of the attacks upon adults, 65% of the deaths, and 68% of the maimings. In more than two-thirds of the cases included in the study, the life-threatening or fatal attack was apparently the first known dangerous behavior by the animal in question. Clifton states:

"If almost any other dog has a bad moment, someone may get bitten, but will not be maimed for life or killed, and the actuarial risk is accordingly reasonable. If a pit bull terrier or a Rottweiler has a bad moment, often someone is maimed or killed--and that has now created off-the-chart actuarial risk, for which the dogs as well as their victims are paying the price."

Clifton's opinions are as interesting as his statistics. For example, he says, "Pit bulls and Rottweilers are accordingly dogs who not only must be handled with special precautions, but also must be regulated with special requirements appropriate to the risk they may pose to the public and other animals, if they are to be kept at all."
Dogbitelaw.com

*my bolds

It isn't propaganda or hype.
It's fact. Most of them are dangerous and temperamental by nature.

Why would anyone go out of their way to bring down pit-bulls?

- Lee

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 02:12 AM
link   
It does not matter if you have pitt bulls or toy poodles. Cops are trigger happy. Get the message. Your pets are nothing more than target practice. They do not care about your extended family. Your pets are nothing more than trash to them.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Why are these cops not in JAIL, it is against the law to be cruel to animals.
Oh, I forgot some people are not accountable and are above the laws of our land.
Perhaps, someone should take that noose and choke that creature that calls himself a cop perhaps, shoot him in the head, that’s what he deserve.

This video showing these two cops murdering this helpless animal was sadistic, to say the least!

[edit on 19-6-2010 by impressme]

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Things like this makes me wish to just kill myself to stop to see so much stupidity and evilness every day , every where!

No further coments, because i realy don't say what can be sayed in this case...im just speechless!

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 02:59 AM
link   
He shoot the dog because even if the dog couldn't go anywhere the police officer was to retard to get the dog do what he wanted to.

The dog was way smarter than him and in fact will be smarter than that retard officer even dead

There really should be some IQ testing or something before giving them guns

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Just so you guys know , and everyone else who reads this forum , the retards name is Doug Howell and his chief is defending him : www.wgem.com...

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 03:22 AM
link   
pretty sure the animals are in uniform, and the dog is just a human in a dog suit. RIP puppy may he re-spawn in some very rich guys kid's human suit.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 03:56 AM
link   
I have never liked Dogs but they deserve to be treated better than ANY cop does.

I absolutely hate cowardly humans masquerading as police. I hope this cop and his family suffer some serious downfall. Cancer or some such disease. I don't care if people think that is harsh because its time people like this are taught the real meaning of protect, serve and respect. And the only way to teach them is through FEAR! Dogs&&^.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Firstly, I'd say to refrain from calling any number and berating the operator. It will fall on deaf ears and you're likely to succumb to emotion and say something that could get yourself arrested. Also, phone calls and emails don't have as much of an impact as an actual letter in an envelope does. It's tangible in a very literal way.

So, I would recommend sending letters of complaint here:

City of LaGrange – City Hall
118 South Main Street
LaGrange MO. 63448

Just make certain you use spell-check and don't make any threats.

Another reason to avoid calling: We don't want to bombard their one operator on duty with these calls and prevent a current emergency from being handled and saving someone's life.

2ndly, We should contact PETA since they have the loudest mouths.

3rdly, CNN and SPCA are good, but these news shows (Current Affair, Extra, Inside Edition and maybe TMZ, etc.) eat this stuff up.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 04:27 AM
link   
I only watched the vid up to the point where they begun to draw their weapons then i didn't need to see the rest.

I have studied animal behaviour extensively and have had allot of real life experience with dangerous domesticated animals. While no one can say with 100% certainty that the dog wouldn't have attacked, it in no way shape or form towards the end did it show any aggressive behaviour towards the officers. At the beginning when the officer tried to restrain it with a Restraint/Control Pole it showed self preservation behaviour, but still no aggressive behaviour towards the officer, until at one stage where the officers backed away and it sat down it was actually showing submissive behaviour.

I believe then it would only have taken a lo-ward stance, positive/non threatening body language and a deep tone of voice and this animal would have submitted willingly without the need for even a control pole. At the least one officer could have tried to approach the animal and one could have kept a weapon on it in case it attacked. But no. Some humans have become so out of touch with nature they literally do not know how to live in this world anymore.

Sometimes i think to myself, who is really more evolved? Us or the animals on this planet? And i usually come to the conclusion that most animals are far more advanced than humans are, animals are in perfect balance with everything else on the planet, try and think of one that isn't, and there is, US.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 04:46 AM
link   
To serve & protect ... WHO?

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 06:00 AM
link   
ABCs Brian Ross is always looking for something to investigate. I have seen a few of his interviews and he has made some people sweat by asking straight forward and honest questions until he either gets an answer or it is evident there is not going to be an honest answer. He closes every show asking for people to report something for them to investigate. I think something like this, out of control law enforcement and animal cruelty, would be a good one.

I am sending it to him, whether he takes it on or not.

As to the video...there is a certain song by band: Dope, that comes to mind, F$%& The Police...in this case it rings true.

These guys should be tied to a pole and shot repeatedly with pellet guns just to get a sense of the helplessness the dog was going through.
Oh and in defense of the pooch, dogs are either trained to attack or they typically avoid and only attack out of fear for their or their masters safety. This dog did not look afraid, perhaps startled and evasive, but also not a trained attack dog or else he would not be doing the dodging, he would be riping that rope apart and tearing those thugs to shreds.

Having seen story after story of these Gestapo thugs raiding homes and targetting the dogs first even if they are in cages, and even if its the wrong house, just makes me insanely sick of these idiots.

I have a handful of friends that wear badges for local, county, state and federal enforcement. Trust me, they are as sick of these wanna-bes and thugs trashing how the public views the badge as we are.

In fact, make friends with a cop of two and hang out in the pub with them for a couple of hours. If never takes long with the right prompting to find out which side of the humanity line they stand on.

Rest in Peace, Pup, your reward lies just over the Rainbow Bridge.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 06:15 AM
link   
I hate animal "cruetly", where has anonymous gone?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join