It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Immigration Divides Nebraska Farm Town

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Immigration Divides Nebraska Farm Town

www.foxnews.com

FREMONT, Neb. — A vote Monday brings to a head a two-year battle over immigration that has divided residents here.

The split over a proposed city ordinance to crack down on illegal immigration has spilled over into churches, coffee shops and grocery stores in this agricultural center 35 miles northwest of Omaha—a long way from the U.S.-Mexico border.

Public officials in the once-homogeneous city of 25,000 have been asked not to speak on the topic, casting an odd veil of silence over the city
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Yet another story in this immigration debate.

I have let it be known that I support the idea that we should let our neighbors to the south into our country just like we allow our neighbors to the north.

Im sure this community was excited when Hormel announced they were going to build a meat packing plant here, but Im sure this has faded with the increase of immigrants moving to this small town and most likely working for less wages than the town thought this plant would provide. Especially if they are Illegal immigrants...

I find it disturbing that the mayor and the town council are not speaking about this publicly.

Its also interesting how the article mentions the racial make up of this town....

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

new topics

join