It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Lies Dead in Apartment for 20 Years

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 02:02 AM
link   

TOKYO - The pajama-clad skeleton of a Japanese man has been found in a vacant apartment building -- 20 years after his lonely death.

How could something like this happen? Wouldnt somebody notice if he stopped paying rent, or didnt pick up his mail?

How come his kids didnt visit him at all??
I feel sorry for him. I hope never to die alone.

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 02:10 AM
link   
20 years? That can't be possible. A typo maybe? I've lived in an apartment before. I couldn't go 6 months without maintenance coming by to do something. What about the smell of the decomposing body? Imagine not washing your windows for 20 years? What about the neighbors. Wouldn't you be curious if the place next door hadn't had any activity for 2 years let alone 20. Yeah. And that mail thing is a killer. Imagine all the AOL cds that guy had in is box. Maybe they don't get junk mail like we do but in 20 years you are going to get SOMETHING. Not to mention 20 years worth of rent.

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by JustAnIllusion

How could something like this happen? Wouldnt somebody notice if he stopped paying rent, or didnt pick up his mail?

Because he was a ninja you see! The black pajamas say it all! Ninjas dont pay rent or have children, and he was probably on an ultra secret stake out when he had a heart attack and died waiting for his target.

Or maybe.........Maybe he was killed yesterday but Ninjas made it look like hes been there 20 years.

I cant stop laughing. I feel like cookiemonster.

[edit on 12-6-2004 by Agent47]

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 02:39 AM
link   
The article I read stated that the company that built the apartment building went broke trying to find people to move in. I guess he had the whole building to himself. At any rate, he died of natural causes and had no next of kin, they gave his ex-wife the body.

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 02:42 AM
link   
here's a link

thestar.com.my.../2004/6/11/asia/8188793&sec=asia

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Well that explains some questions.

And oops I forgot to post the link

Here it is

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by JustAnIllusion
Well that explains some questions.

It doesnt solve the Ninja enigma.

The man was a black ninja I tell you, and we must discover what happened on his final mission!

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 12:29 AM
link   
The ninja mystery remains unsolved!

The man had to be pretty sneaky to lay there for 20 years and not be found.

Sneaky in death. This buds for you Ninjua

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 11:26 AM
link   
We had a neighbor who was dead in her house for 2 weeks. She was always going to to Vegas without letting anyone know that she was going so noone thought twice about all of the papers and mail stacked up on her porch. It wasn't until the people who lived next door to her started complaing of the odor that people started getting concerned about her. I can only imagine the stinch of a 20 year old corpse

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by KillerD
We had a neighbor who was dead in her house for 2 weeks.

Was she an old lady or did was she young and just slipped in the shower.

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 08:22 AM
link   
She was old and smoked like a freight train so it wasn't that big of a surprise. She was always going on trips to Vegas and was never at home on the weekends so we didn't think twice about her being gone for so long.
I still felt bad that she died and noone new it for a couple of weeks.

new topics

top topics

join