It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News!Tony Hayward responsible For Oil Spill!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   

The leak, a mile under water, was triggered by an explosion on an offshore rig on April 20 that killed 11 workers and ruptured BP's well, unleashing a torrent of crude into the Gulf of Mexico.

Hayward's opening statement to the hearing was interrupted by a protester with her hands painted black. "You need to be charged with a crime, Tony. You need to go to jail," she yelled and was hustled out by police.

"This oil is already into the wetlands and more is coming up every day. You cannot clean it out of there," John Hocevar, a marine biologist with Greenpeace, told Reuters in Louisiana. "The impact of the spill is going to be felt for decades."

Link

I guess someone has to be responsible for one of the biggest disasters if not the worst..

What do you think Ats? Is this just another plan to distract people from the real problem?

[edit on 17-6-2010 by pavelivanov22]

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   
This accident was caused by an engineer who altered the density of the fluid in the column and caused a loss of hydrostatic pressure which resulted in a loss of circulation and shortly thereafter control of the well,a secondary error of pulling a drill string through a partially engaged BOP and damaging the apperatus resulted an an inability to shut the well in.

The question is ,why didnt the engineer recognise the danger of a dramatic pressure swing while drilling a sensitive hole that had been showing signs of earlier kicks??There is no doubt he reacted to SOME SET OF DATA and changed the weight of the column of fluid with intent,it wasnt an accident or a miscalculation.Why didnt he corelate the extreme swing with a NEED TO RECHECK HIS DATA.

The sad damn truth is that he was CONDITIONED TO IGNORE THE RELEVANCE AND TERMINAL SIGNIFICANCE OF SUCH DRAMATIC SHIFTS BY THE ABSOLUTELY NEGLIGENT BEHAVIOUR OF MANAGEMENT NOT TAKING IMMEDIATE REMEDIAL ACTION AFTER THE PRIOR SIGNS OF KICKS WERE DETECTED---INSTEAD THESE SIGNS WERE HIDDEN.

I have spent eight years on a lot of different rigs under a lot of different management philosophies,and this is what happened,because drilling a well is a dynamic process or action there is an absolute record of every move made and every error made.

The decision to halt things and demand precautionary measures be enacted WOULD FLY IN THE FACE OF EVERY OTHER MANAGER THAT HAD IGNORED THE DANGER SIGNS SINCE THE FIRST EVIDENCE OF A KICK WAS DETECTED BY A ROUGHNECK OR DERRIKHAND.

Whoever pulled the drillstring through the BOP assembly AFTER the rams were closed and forced a tooljoint through it made the error because the rams were set for the size of drill pipe they had run down the hole last the connector and the first larger ID tooljoint did the damage to the rams.

they forgot to change or reset the control to change the size of the rams inside of the BOPS and the rubber seals.

Or closed the wrong set of rams inside the BOBS by accident forgetting what had to come through it to set everything down.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   
People getting lazy lately and things like this happen when they don't do there job.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I saw highlights of this hearing. In the end, I was rooting for Hayward.

Look at who was questioning this guy....Henry Waxman, Bart Stupak, John Dingle, Edward Markey.

Stupak is already scheming to use the $20 billion BP is setting aside to fund HEALTHCARE.

Go Hayward, and go BP! After seeing this dog and pony show, I'm rooting for you!

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   
WHY IS NO ONE ASKING WHAT CAUSED THE EXPLOSION ?
this was no accident. there is an agenda going on bp, obama they are all in on it just like 911. what will happen when proof comes out. will people finally wake up. haven't we been lied to enough ? what more will it take? a nuke in there back yard that just accidently goes off.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
I saw highlights of this hearing. In the end, I was rooting for Hayward.

Look at who was questioning this guy....Henry Waxman, Bart Stupak, John Dingle, Edward Markey.

Stupak is already scheming to use the $20 billion BP is setting aside to fund HEALTHCARE.

Go Hayward, and go BP! After seeing this dog and pony show, I'm rooting for you!

I'm trying to decide here if I should say to you.. " I strongly disagree or- Are you out of your freaking mind?"

I say this because, What you saw were highlights. I saw the whole thing. Look who was asking the questions.. They all did.. and for the most part.. on both sides of the fence, "Dems" and Repubs" They asked the same shocking questions. I have never seen the two factions so united in a single goal.

Dog and pony show? You clearly do not understand what you watched today.

[edit on 17-6-2010 by JohnPhoenix]

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   
The irony is no one is stepping up and asking questions on the subject.

None at all.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   
I believe this is all part of the plan. Keeps peoples focus off the really big problems we are currently still facing. Economy still collapsing, people still being looted of their money by, wall street and the government, Bloody wars and endless war mongering, and many others. Now we have a oil spill that no matter how much we yell and scream they still will take months if not years to clean up. To top it off the bums made a killing in the stock market again off this seemingly lucky maneuver to dump stocks and position for the disaster ahead of time. It's so obvious to me now that the government and these gigantic corporations with no accountability DO NOT CARE WHAT WE THINK, SAY, OR WANT. The only thing we can do is to stop paying these bums, all of them. CUT OFF THE MONEY to the governments and politicians and you will sit back and watch it all fall before your eyes. How much wealth do we have waste on government? How many people do you want to die? It's not enough to just wake up, you have to stand up for yourselves.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by kjburto

I do think it is just a diversion from the real problem..

new topics

top topics

join