It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tony Hayward cracks on cross examination

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack
[
I totally agree with your comments except to add that $20 Billion is a pittance compared to the ecosystem and the 40 million plus people who live the Gulf region.

[edit on 17/6/2010 by kosmicjack]

I couldn't agree more mate!!

I beleive that the final figure will be nearer twice that.

They'll have to settle all the claims for lost earnings, pay for the cleanup,then punitive damages...cold be treble.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
reply to post by darkelf

They dont want some poor working class guy to get the boot or even a middle class engineer type. They want some millionaire figurehead who has nothing to do with anything get the boot.

I want the bp guy on the other end of that phone line the transocean guy was screaming at saying " are you happy now? The rig is on fire! I told you this was going to happen!"

The guy getting yelled at... The one who forced the unsafe issue.... That guy... Thats the one i want to get the boot...

You got an issue with that?

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by kiwifoot

I bet it will be more then twice that amount, and wait until the people try to get their hands on the money.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by jonny2410
It was really all about drumming up support for their elections, nothing else.

Well if that's the case, that Joe Barton idiot ain't gonna win any votes with his "this is a shakedown of BP" comments.

I wonder if they will ask them any really interesting questions, like .. "Is that BOP thingy starting to tip over?" .. and "Did you crack the sea floor?" .. and "If the relief wells don't work, what's your next plan?"

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
He's about to come back to answer more questions at 2pm eastern

3 minutes to go...

It appears that the reason he is not being as forthcoming as possible is because a CRIMINAL investigation has been opened up and Tony is stonewalling on purpose to protect his butt from jail

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

That's who should get it.

Is Hayward that guy?

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
He's a criminal and he knows it, he has lawyers and I am sure they have told him what to say and not say. They might as well go home - continue the criminal investigaton and get him in court where he has to answer questions!

I am so angry right now - the people of the Gulf deserve answers, not this cherade they are putting on right now!

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Hayward is the guy who should be taking responsibility in some way... Typically this is done by saying "we have fired that guy"

That would be a start... If Hayward doesn't do this... Then yes he is where the buck stops...

This is the risk a CEO takes on for the giant rewards... Rermeber there is no risk without reward, if there is great reward without risk, you don't have a free market...

Now I've recently discovered that he is the middle of q criminal investigation currently as well... So this is probably why he appears to be covering his own behind more than anything...

It is very unfortunate that a criminal investigation has been opened already, causing even more puckering on his part... But i understand that...

Now how many times has Tony lied to us on behalf of BP? Again this is the risk he takes for knowingly holding back details and lying...

Again... Culpability is the job of the CEO...

[edit on 17-6-2010 by HunkaHunka]

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Someone give stupak an applause for that opening line....

Basically... You asked for another week to become prepared

We agreed

You hold a phd in geology, you have been the head of exploration.... You know whats going on....

Yet you show up as if you are completely unprepared to answer these questions...

YES!!! The lady who followed up has asked for a full list of the policies and chains of commands who DO have access to that information...

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Now they are prssing them on the sub surface plumes...

Bps evidence shows that these exist!

Yet he claims they are at a low ppm, won't call them plumes even though independent scientists claim otherwise

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   
He continues to evade questions and deny reality...

I cannot even begin to understand how this mans mind is working right now

Here's the best question I've heard yet.... You've been ceo for the last 3 years... You had safety as your highest charge, and yet your company had over 700 of these in he last three years...

The congressman talking now made that clear... He said that his testimony was disconnect from reality...

And tony said... "I understand what you are saying"

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka

I cannot even begin to understand how this mans mind is working right now

Easy. Sit there until it's time to go home. Like a time-share seminar.

I'd treat a congressional panel the same way. Maybe stick earplugs in my ears.

Taking the 5th or handing out non-answers isnt costing him a dime. It is however costing us thousands of dollars per minute.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   

I think you are right about the tact he's taking... Sit in the hot seat... It can't go on forever....

However, this is exactly the type of thing i want to see... This is what is required...

I think this hearing is the best use of the taxpayers money at this point...

Honestly no CEO ever wants to be in that situation...

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Oh yea, that was a good question - did you notice Hayward's eyes and face change when asked?

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka

I think this hearing is the best use of the taxpayers money at this point...

Maybe I'm not getting the big picture or something but how so?

What do I get or what do we get by having a bunch of politicians shout slogans at a guy who's essentially lockjaw silent for hour on end?

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   

They are asking every question that i want to ask as well...

So in that regards... I don't see slogans being shouted.... What i see is congress asking detailed technical questions as well as policy based questions...

He has answered these questions, his answer has been his evasion and equivocation

Which says a lot about BP and even more about Tony Hayward

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazydaisy

Oh yea, that was a good question - did you notice Hayward's eyes and face change when asked?

Completely.... For a moment I caught a glance of his understanding of how flippant he is appearing...

I was honestly shocked that someone got through to that face...

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   

But what is that information worth?

Even if Hayward came right out and said it was always BP's intention to kill everything in the ocean and poison the coast and they laughed the whole time and throw parties with lots of hookers and coke what is that information worth? Would the fed just take over BP? Would they refuse to permit BP to operate in the U.S.? Would they drag Hayward out to the gallows?

I fail to see the concrete real-world usefulness.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Now they are asking about the isolation and coercion of the workers to sign waivers before they could be let off the rig...

Tony says that had nothing to do with BP...

Which is interesting.... How he happens to know specifically that didn't have anything to do with bp, but he doesn't know any other details about what happened?

Am I missing something?

Please some congressperson ask that question!!!

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Because its the process... It is very important for those of us who are directly impacted to see this person have to face our questions and our anger...

It does a lot for us internally.... That is rather concrete enough for me...

The gov is doing what i want them to... That's what matters...

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join