It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Squidbillies S04E01 - Death to America?

page: 1

join
share:
MMP

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   
I am currently watching an episode of Squidbillies from season 4. In this particular episode (number 1) there is a pretty constant chant of "Death to America" and it seems oddly misplaced. I am going to look for some Youtube/Hulu links. The message given off is somewhat strange.

[edit on 6/17/2010 by MMP]

MMP

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Here is kind of an episode guide. I believe the name of this episode is called Lerm (as you can see). Haven't been able to find any videos yet. Another strange episode is the "The Fine Ol’ Solution" because it clearly displays a Nazi swastika!

MMP

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   
I tried to edit my post to fast. In a previous post I wanted to say:

I have found both the Lerm episode and The Fine Ol' Solution on Adult Swim's website:
Lerm
The Fine Ol' Solution

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   
From what I hear, that show does nothing but poke fun at southern folk and slander them by portraying them as ignorant, racist, violent, bumbling and criminal.

I assume the reference you are posting about is no different.

They put it in there to make jokes about southern people so the rest of us can laugh at them.

They are also probably trying to program their mindless audience to recognize any antigovernment speech as "hillbilly rhetoric" and/or uneducated squid-talk.

My advice...stop watching that channel. It (along with the rest of the MSM) is a direct attack/assault on the young minds of the world's children (and far too many of our adults).

It is a damn shame the media has become what it has.

Its a bigger shame that it has so many young people hypnotized to the point of self destruction.

Someone needs to put an end to it.

[edit on 17-6-2010 by Mr Mask]

MMP

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   
A friend of mine turned me onto the show and raved about how hilarious it was. I haven't been shocked by the symbolism and language in this show until now. If you watch the links to videos I posted you will hear the words chanted "Death to America" and a ship crashing into things. In Fine Ol' Solution there is a Nazi swastika displayed...that HAS to be put there in place, on purpose!!!

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   
You are looking into this to far. The death to America chant is suppose to be oddly out of place. That's the way squidbillies comedy works. It's called making fun of something..

MMP

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by SeeingBlue

I am sorry but I don't find chants of death to America and Nazi's very funny.

Add to all this, I am now watching an episode where the old grandmother is talking about how she used to be happiest slave. Glorification of slavery over freedom? Come on!

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Yeah Nazi humour is quite suspect. You'll only find Nazis find Nazi jokes funny.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Just Lurking By and thought I'd contribute. The Viewer should be able to distinguish the humor from the clip.Funny?

www.youtube.com...

Sorry noob status do not know how to embed.

-Found on the tube of you

[edit on 17-6-2010 by greyrationality]

MMP

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by greyrationality

Thanks for the video. I opted for the videos straight from the source.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by MMP

Personally, if I watch a comedy that I don't find funny, I just quit watching it. That way everyone else gets their chuckles and I spend my time in more fun or productive pursuits.

"'Sides, y'all 'reddy got southen folk ta laugh at... ME!"

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by MMP

I watch the show pretty often and I think it's funny. I'm from the south and don't really feel like they are making fun of southern people in general, but are ridiculing the bigotry and "kill'em all, let God sort'em out" attitude that SOME do have.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by MMP

But did anyone see that episode with the KILL THE WATER THEME recently?
2nd

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by purplemonkeydishwasher
Yeah Nazi humour is quite suspect. You'll only find Nazis find Nazi jokes funny.

That's not true at all! I'm no Nazi but I do find nazi jokes funny! I'd bet a large percentage of ppl find it funny as well. Let's consider the movies The Producers and more currently The Spirit, wherein The Octopus played by Samuel L Jackson dresses in full Nazi regalia. Being able to laugh at something takes its power away. For the record I am of mixed german descent, my grandfather was german and emigrated to the united states after WWII. He was in the german army.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by MMP
reply to post by SeeingBlue

I am sorry but I don't find chants of death to America and Nazi's very funny.

Add to all this, I am now watching an episode where the old grandmother is talking about how she used to be happiest slave. Glorification of slavery over freedom? Come on!

It's satire, not straight comedy.
There is a difference.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   
of course over rationalizing here what are ones thoughts of it being an ET Creature saying this "Death To America"?

Could the character embody the personified stereotypes of America's way of thinking by the rash decision to destroy anything that was against personal selfish gains? (The naughty mag,The Mans wife,) The character asks for particular magazines that only he is attracted to but with no avail retaliates because of this absence. Things change when he ask for "Big Spore Inches" and its actually in stock he still is not satisfied so....

No clue where i'm going with this just wanted to steer more in the direction of analyzing the humor structure of the satire used.

Random of course I know.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
beauty, comedy, truth for that matter and every other word used by humans to describe their processes is in the eye of the beholder. why watch a show you don't like? no one forced you. why watch tv anyway? real life is so much funnier.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I find everything funny. Why get worked up over what someone else said? There is no secret Illuminati message. It's just a cartoon and if you don't think it's funny then don't watch it.

new topics

top topics

join