It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikileaks Soldier Reveals Orders for "360 Rotational Fire" Against Civilians in Iraq

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Ahmose

Thanks bud .... I think this new legislation will blow the doors wide open on all crook governments & companies and I take my hat off to the people who are courageous enough to be honest about what's going on in Iraq & Afghanistan.

They have my full support.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I love how people on ATS say that the Soldiers are brainwashed when they join the service.

This article sounds like a couple of guys who got out and were guilt-tripped by the people around them.

I know several guys from my old unit who got out and kept hearing "Don't you feel bad? Don't you feel bad? Do you feel guilty?" until they finally broke and started feeling guilty. I guess for some, depending on the company you keep in civilian life, it's like getting brainwashed in a POW camp.

I also emailed a friend of mine, a former Marine who was a Corporal wounded in the first phase of OIF and is now in a wheel chair, about all this, about Troops being "guilted" into admitting something along these lines.

This is his response. Sorry for it being a bit long:

Yeah, it happens. I myself went through a short period in my life, 3 years after I was wounded in Iraq, where I began to really question if Iraq was worth it or not, constantly going back and forth on the issue. However, it was NEVER because of my own injuries though. I didn't get wounded and start spouting off that Bush paralyzed me or some BS.

It was in the middle of a 1 year and 2 month stay at the VA Hospital that I began to question s**t. I got a phone call that 2 of my good friends had been blown to s**t in Ramadi and it tore me up, especially not being able to be over there and do something about it and kill some f***ers. With that, and constantly watching CNN and Fox News (the only 2 cable news channels that the Houston VA had) each and every day, seeing the casualty numbers get higher and higher on our side, I began to get pretty pissed off about it.

The way I saw it, we were fighting and dying for the f**king Iraqi people, and they didn't seem to give a flying f**k about our sacrifices, and on top of that a large portion of the wanted us to leave (up until they got fed up with getting blown up on their way to the mosque for several years).

I was not in a very good place then, with being at the VA lying in a bed 24/7, the phone call of my buddies getting killed and later hearing the gruesome details from fellow Marines, phone calls telling me about friends being wounded, some very severely and some minor wounds where the guys made it back to the unit after a few weeks of healing, constantly seeing all of the f**king negativity and death and chaos on the TV mounted on the ceiling in front of my bed... and to top it off, spending THAT much time very isolated in a VA hospital isn't exactly a positive experience, it's full of negativity, and you really have to try hard to stay positive, which was hard to do while on bed rest for the first 7-8 months, but once I started rehabbing and socializing when I could finally get out of bed once my wounds healed, things got a LOT better.

It took me a good 6+ months after I got out of the hospital to get back "on-board" with everything, I guess you could say. I just needed to get out of that environment and back to reality.

I remember at one point while in the hospital going to the Iraq Vets Against the War website, just to check it out and see if they were feeling like I was... I was enraged when I started reading their reasons for being against the war, AND against the military in general. They cited the Iraqi deaths more than anything, attacked our own govt and made us and our country out to be horrible people with no morals. They had videos of their rallies where dudes would apologize for killing "lot's of civilians" and would cry and s**t about it. They even cited statistics to try and warn females from joining the military because they'd most likely be raped by their male counterparts! The IVAW f**kers literally try and make our military out to be the brutal raping and pillaging Japanese military of WWII or some s**t! These guys were/are gutless pieces of s**t!! They didn't even think we should've gone to Afghanistan either, which I personally feel you have to be insane to believe that.

Anyhoo, my point with this comment was that I think a lot of guys (not all, but some) at some point have a little doubt on the Iraq War and go back and forth on the issue, like I did at one time, whenever they think about their dead and severely wounded brothers-in-arms. I personally don't feel there's anything wrong with that. Not saying that it's completely normal with everyone, but it does happen. That's why I think it's important to reiterate to your fellow warriors of everything that's been accomplished and how much better things are in Iraq, especially once they are out of the military and away from that supportive and very patriotic environment.

As for the two Soldiers who wrote this letter above, they have certainly earned the right to say every single thing they wrote, which is a lot more I can say for those extreme left-wing radical groups like the Code Pink f**ktards. All of them use their freedom of speech more than the majority of Americans, though they've done nothing to earn it, it was given to them by the spilt blood and sacrifices of men and women whom are much better people and Americans than they will ever and can ever be.

To the members of Code Pink I say this: You're welcome, bitches. And although I hate everything that spews like vomit out of your mouths, if given the choice to do it all over again I'd still sacrifice my body for you and the rest of my fellow Americans, regardless of their twisted and f**ked up far Left/Right Wing views, without even once stopping to question or think about it, because that's just what we in the US Military do, and that's how we #ing roll.

Semper Fi, P.

(Mods, I edited some of the more "colorful" language.)

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by signal2noise
everything that's been accomplished and how much better things are in Iraq

and what exactly have we achieved???

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 06:34 AM
link   
I'm linking this story around to my other regular haunts... everyone else should too.

Thanks for posting it.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by signal2noise

What does the author of the contents of this post think about the leaked video? Does he support the obvious failiure to identifiy acceptable targets? Does he support the murder of non combatants ?
Your post, while emotional, moving, and appealing in its honesty does not reffer to the case at hand at all, and as such falls into the realm of propeganda. It offers nothing about the video, and merely explains the view of one or two people about a subject which actualy effects the entire world. That would be , is it right that collateral damage of this nature goes un noted the majority of the time, and should someone be bought to book for it. Further it offers nothing on the subject of military responsibility , or the habit the military has of covering its butt when it does things wrong, rather than putting its hands up and taking its punishments like a man. I think that although one could learn alot about loyalty to a cause from this emotive post, one learns almost nothing about what is right , and what is wrong from it, and essentialy that is the matter at hand.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by signal2noise

All of them use their freedom of speech more than the majority of Americans, though they've done nothing to earn it, it was given to them by the spilt blood and sacrifices of men and women whom are much better people and Americans than they will ever and can ever be.

It is surely the most difficult thing to do -- admit a mistake. It is normal for most of us to do what the poster is doing -- and attempt to defend to the end the righteousness of something we've done; in spite of being totally wrong.

The way the US has waged war over the last 60 years is wrong. The way it has usurped patriotic emotion to create people willing to kill civilians is wrong. The way individuals have been willing to forgo their own judgment in the matter is wrong.

Its all wrong. Protest needs to get louder. Disclosure of sensitive videos and other evidence of wrongdoings has to be supported indefinitely until the majority of the population is on-side and aware enough to put a stop to it all.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join