It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(B.B.O.T.) Deniability Is Mission One, Everything Else Is Secondary

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 02:25 AM
link   
As the man looked at the oil rig through binoculars his cell phone rang, he lowered his right hand into his trousers pocket, still holding the Bushnell collapsible binoculars in his left hand.

Cell Call : Louisiana : April 20, 2010 : 9:50 p.m. Central Daylight Time

Man with Binoculars : Yes?

Voice on Cell Phone : How is the plan going?

Man with Binoculars : They're on schedule, the event will happen in 6 minutes. Done following-up on my team?

Voice on Cell Phone : No need to be hostile.

Man with Binoculars : It's not your team being killed once they complete the mission, now is it?

Voice on Cell Phone : Deniability.

Man with Binoculars : Blow me you sanctimonious hack. I don't need you telling me my job, Jack.

Jack : 4 minutes until the Deepwater Horizon is nothing more than an insurance policy.

Man with Binoculars : Yeah.

Jack : If you can't push the detonator I will, Tom.

Tom : You know the answer to that.

Jack : I do.

Folding the cell phone the man put it back in his pocket, bringing a small device out, raising the antennae. He lifts a small lid and looks at his watch by glancing down from the upraised binoculars.

Tom hated waiting for the last two minutes counting down the last of the clock he was on. And his team mates were being sacrificed merely because they were expendable assets, who no longer held value, due to having accomplished too many successful missions.

As a second cell phone rang on vibrate, Tom picked it up off of his belt clip, opening the flip-phone.

Cell Call : Louisiana : April 20, 2010 : 9:54 p.m. Central Daylight Time

Tom : Is the package in place, Dom?

Dominic : Yes, we're ready, and the shut-off valves have been jammed in place.

Tom : Good, get out of there so I can detonate, you have five minutes to clear the rig with the inflatable rafts.

Dominic : We're ahead of schedule, with a few minutes to spare. Got some cold brewski's chilling for us?

Tom : You know it, Dom. Hurry up so we can get out of here.

Dominic : Something wrong buddy?

Tom : No. I'm just ready to retire. I'm done, this is my last mission, Dom.

Dominic : Mine too buddy.

Tom : See you on the shore

Tom flipped the phone shut hanging it up and raised the small device and presses the button. An explosion sounds from forty miles out from where Tom is stood looking through the binoculars on the beach. Satisfied the 11 men he sent out to their death died in the explosion, Tom throws the disposable cell phone he spoke to his best friend of twenty years on in the beach trashcan.

As onlookers pass Tom to run to the beach he ignores them as pangs of regret wash over him.

Looking to his white Ford F-150 and putting his hand on the door handle he turns to look back.

A hushed sound like a wet cough comes from the beach dune to his rear as something smacks his forehead, a red circle forms on his brow ridge, brains splattering all over the parking space next to his truck. Tom falls to the ground gasping his last few breaths and wonders if his wife and children will ever forgive him.

The man watching Tom breath a last gasping breath takes the vibrating phone out of his pocket.

Cell Call : Louisiana : April 20, 2010 : 9:57 p.m. Central Daylight Time

Assassin : It's done.

Jack : Good. Any problems? No traces back to us or the brotherhood, right?

Assassin : No and no.

Jack : Good. Your payment is set up just like last time. The bank account number is in Tom's right inside pocket. After you clean that mess up you're free to go.

Assassin : Next job?

Jack : Not over the phone. This one is far too sensitive, Big Brother is listening. The next job is worth ten times this one was though.

Assassin : Well, that tells me the target. I didn't know they would off him yet. He must have pissed off the wrong people.

Jack : Something like that.

The assassin hangs up the flip-phone and puts it back in his pocket. Unscrewing the silencer from the rifle, breaking down the rifle piece by piece, wiping each piece down with a white rag, placing each piece delicately into each foam form within the suitcase.

[edit on 17-6-2010 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Very Tom Clancy! I loved it!

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Ceriddwen

Thank you.

From the beginning I have believed it was sabotage.

So, I felt a B.B.O.T. "Covert Operations" story, was in order.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Well done. Liked it quite a lot.

I'm ready for part two!

/jk

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Spartan!

Great job, I think this is the first time I've ready any "story" of yours.

I really like it. I agree with the above, we should have a part 2.

~Keeper

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Awesome story!

Now I'm going to have to wait for the movie to come out. You know that don't you?

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
SKL, I didn't know that you could write

It's awesome and like the rest, I want part 2! (I'll give you a cookie if you do
)

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Ouch! Unnerving...but very enjoyable.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

I keep getting told that when I write stories for the contests.

Thank you.

No where near as interesting as your submission.

reply to post by tothetenthpower

I have written several short stories.

When reading, I immerse myself within the story, and I have learned to do that with writing.

Thank you.

reply to post by Wayne60

I think BP PLC would have me killed.

Not try.

No trying to buy me off.

Just have me killed.

Luckily, I know far, far more about Covert Operations, and their assassins would fail.

It would make my day if they did try because I would put my skills to use.

reply to post by BlackPoison94

Yep, and I can chew bubblegum, and walk at the same time too.

No Neanderthal man here.

A cookie?

Are you going to bake it or buy it?

And do I get to see you to get it?

reply to post by ladyinwaiting

Thank you.

It was meant to be troubling.

When it comes to Covert Operations deniability is number one.

The mission and political gain is secondary.

[edit on 18-6-2010 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Deepwater Horizon Platform : April 20, 2010 : 9:40 p.m. Central Daylight Time

The man moved around the oil rig with fluid precision of a twenty year veteran of Covert Operation. Used to working within a small team of operators, he knew instinctively how, where, and when to place the RDX to make the most impact to rip apart the machinery. He was followed by one other team mate acting as his screen to shield his actions from curious workers. With the Deepwater Horizon rig being forty miles out in the waters of the Gulf of Mexico, and drilling above almost one mile over the seabed the man also knew no one would recover any part of the drilling platform and the explosion would be deemed an industrial accident because of faulty equipment.

Just like the one he and the team had sank off the coast of Venezuela, and it made him smile to know that rig would irritate Hugo Chavez to no end. Know how, why, and when was never satisfying without knowing the why though. All of these silent thoughts went through the man's head as he rigged the explosives and set the timer. Dominic knew Tom was on the shore with a pair of binoculars watching for any trouble around the platform, and that Tom had the back-up detonator and he trusted the man with his life because he had swapped the dead-switch job back and forth with him in rotation among the team for two decades. This job was the safest he had done in a long time since he shifted from Special Forces in the Army to Black Operations because of the nature of having been a green beanie and some smarmy desk jockey with pink petticoats was always whining about more training.

Training was often more dangerous because you were practicing in front of some bureaucrat who staff pukes were always trying to impress in order to gain more funding. Out in the field on an active mission no one was watching but your fellow team mates. If you messed up they picked up your slack without question and never said a word to you about it because you were team mates. The bureaucrats and staff pukes however were always shoving new restrictions on what could and could not be done due to new regulations.

Deepwater Horizon Platform : April 20, 2010 : 9:49 p.m. Central Daylight Time

Dominic looked down at his watch and saw that it was almost time to call Tom to verify the go or no-go status. If it was a no-go Dominic knew Tom would tell him the mission was scrubbed and he would turn off the timer and throw the explosives into the water where they would harmlessly fall to the seafloor. Being military grade explosives it could not detonate without the timing device activated. But being caught with that on the mainland by Law Enforcement would instantly cause way too many questions and he knew he would be hanging in the wind on his own with no chance of Government intervention. Dominic looked over to Jim standing guard to let him know if any platform crew members were wandering into this confined area.

"We're almost beyond the point of no return". he said to Jim. Jim looked at him and remained silent but gave a thumbs-up gesture without looking back at Dominic. Jim scratched his nose with his right index finger in a silent signal someone was heading their way and might notice them. Dominic squatted down and pulled a wrench out of the tool-belt on his hip and began turning a bolt he had loosened prior to setting the explosives. Turning the wrench clockwise he nodded at the man that spotted them in the side corridor by the water coolant pump. The man continued on as he touched the brim of his construction helmet walking out of site of the two men. Dominic looked again at his watch and pulled the disposable cell phone out to call Tom. Flipping open the phone he pressed the number one for speed-dial.

Deepwater Horizon Platform : April 20, 2010 : 9:53 p.m. Central Daylight Time

[edit on 18-6-2010 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ceriddwen
Very Tom Clancy! I loved it!

My thoughts exactly! Loved it!

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by darkelf

Thank you.

I plan on giving Tom Clancy a run for his money.

Currently I am in the process of writing ten different books.

Some fiction and some non-fiction.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Hey Great Story man.

Every one get whacked sooner or later, when will these guy ever learn.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Seems to be a familiar plot, and though the actions are predictable, I really like the way you keep the story moving and your attention to details. More, please.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Izarith

Thank you.

Yep, like dominoes, the bad guys keep all loose ends "trimmed".

Never underestimate the power of evil men doing evil things for money.

reply to post by Alethea

I was considering a new plot twist that will take this into the heart of evil.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   
G.P.S. Grid Coordinates : 37° 14′ 24.73″ N, 115° 49′ 6.81″ W
Nevada : April 19, 2010 : 4:45pm : Pacific Daylight Time : 3 Miles Below Ground

In the darkened conference room a serious of slides were being shown on the screen on the North wall of the room. As the slide-show continued to skip between simulated damage scenario of an oil rig out in the Gulf of Mexico, the scientist explained the political nature of why the damage was being done. Jack continued speaking in tandem with slides.

"With this next disruption in the mental state of American citizens, in tandem with the Arizona immigration issue, this will clause clouding of the psyche of the mass populace to the laws as they are changed. Stage one was started with tunnel boring machines placing a low-grade nuclear device under Eyjafjallajökull, to cause massive volcanic eruption thereby keeping flights between America and Europe grounded.

This enacted the ability of the United Nations to activate their international disaster funding, while the explosion of the Deepwater Horizon will release funding from both Congress and the U.N. simultaneously. Stage two was Governor Brewer stirring the pot with legislation in Arizona. Stage three will be tomorrow on April 20th due to the date coinciding with those who favor four-twenty due to marijauna." Professor Jack de Molay stated to the group of men and women in assorted medal filled military uniform and three-piece suits. "Any questions for me?" he asked the assembled men and women.

A gruff voice sounded in the darkness. "I have a few questions for you Doctor." Jack pressed a button on the remote device in his hand and the lights came on and the slide projector dropped down into the table in the middle of the conference room briefing table. "Yes General Tolliver?" Professor de Molay asked as he pointed to the senior military brass. General Tolliver shuffled his briefing papers looking for one document in particular. Grasping the document he scanned it and handed the stack to the man coming around taking papers for shredding.

"What are the projected losses of military once President Obama orders troops down to assist and citizens revolt when they begin noticing the amount of troops closer to the border? Is there any negative effect on the command structure if it slips to the media? And do we have a contingency plan in place once it gets to the newspapers?" he asked in rapid-fire succession in a command voice strong with decades of leadership.

Professor Jack de Molay thought for all of thirty seconds which seemed like an eternity in the room filled with all eyes on him. "General Tolliver, the military losses will be negligible due to a complete media blackout under the directive set forth under the National Emergency Act. President Obama will string out the reaction by federal authorizes according to plan as troops are assembled through military channels. The American citizens are political and militarily ignorant so troops moving towards the already militarized border will not be seen in tandem, except to those citizens classified as conspiracy theorists who are already under psychological attack via Government Agents across the Internet, in Operation Smokescreen.

There simply is no need for a contingency plan because after September 11th President Bush was guaranteed complete cooperation under both the Patriot Act for foreign newspapers and the Alien and Sedition Acts anyone who slips anything into the media will instantly lose their citizenship, be declared a terrorist, and be put on the No-Fly List. Those people will be seized and immediately shipped to Guantanamo Bay, Cuba." Professor de Molay answered back to the military-brass. The answer seemed to satisfy General Tolliver because he grunted and nodded at Jack.

"If there are no further questions?" Jack de Molay looked around the room. He continued. "Camp Hope is the primary relocation center in Louisiana. Once the oil disaster is at its peak, projected to happen as the first hurricane strikes the Gulf of Mexico, President Obama will declare a state of National Emergency and ask for international aid in clean-up and relief. This is when the World Health Organization, already on the border due to the released pathogens called Swine Flu will be asked to step up procedures through assistance to those affected by oil exposure. This will happen more quickly in certain areas due to fire from oil being spread over housing along the gulf area, and mass populace panic will begin." Jack looked around the room again to maintain dominance.

He watched until he had all eyes on him again and continued. "This is when the United Nations will be requested for additional troops to close off the border due to sickness related delirium. Under a state of National Emergency all non-official media outlets, up to and including the Internet, will be shut down under the Emergency Broadcast Alert System. The areas numbered as Zone 4, 5, and 6 on the maps being passed out now will be shut down and blockaded."

Professor de Molay pressed a button on the remote device and the slide projector rose from the table and the lights dimmed. As he did so the screen showed the entire border between America and Mexico cordoned off and marked in red. Below the map in large bold letters it said across the bottom of the screen :

Operation Guillotine : F.E.M.A. Directive # 84 : Readiness Exercise Initiation.

[edit on 19-6-2010 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Your stories never cease to amaze me my friend. Looking into little bits and pieces of them yield tangible results as well. Just a little side note there. Great work Spartan, I look forward to Operation Guillotine.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by jackflap

Thanks a lot jackflap.

Personally, I do not see this story as detailed enough, it's missing too many aspects.

My biggest lack of knowledge comes from never having been on an oil rig.

I'm working on my style still and it works for this contest but not for the fiction books I'm trying to write, because as the saying goes "the Devil is in the details".

What we need next is a Collaborative Writing contest, where 2 or 3 or more people work together.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

I like the collaborative idea! As far as the details go, I realize the story still has to get to the point. I mean it is a four hundred word minimum contest. I know a lot gets left out but you don't want to create a novel either. Your story gets to the point pretty quickly and is a great read. It's perfect for the contest.

Edited because I misplaced an 'a'.

[edit on 24-6-2010 by jackflap]

new topics

top topics

join