It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Warhammer 40k MMO - Dark Millenium

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   
They just released a trailer for the 40k MMO that's been in the works:

Some pictures:

It looks great and the trailer is awesome, I don't usually play MMO's but this I'm gonna try if only for the 40k background, I tried the Warhammer MMO released a while ago but they pretty much blew their chance.. wasn't for me.
So while I'm not going to get too excited I'll definately try it out for sure.
I just hope they get the mechanics right, doing a sci-fi MMO with shooting AND hand to hand combat could prove very hard..

Warhammer, video game and MMO fans discuss!

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
it looks interesting. if my pc is hardcore enough for it when it comes out im gonna try it. my pc is really crappy and old so i wont be able to try it til i get a new one. btw where did your avatar come from it looks pretty damn cool.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   
way too awesome dont u think?

wh40k rocked my world the moment i heard about dow, just the thing i been looking for.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
wow that looks really good...ive played wow for about 5 years now and i cant even look at it anymore because im just so burned out on it....def need something new and refreshing and this looks like it might just do the job. whens it coming out??
and while you wait for this to come out go check out www.leagueoflegends.com...
possibly one of the best free online games ive played in a while....

[edit on 25-8-2010 by Funkydung]

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   
League of Legends

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Oh, replies.. didn't notice any replies until today.

Originally posted by bismos
it looks interesting. if my pc is hardcore enough for it when it comes out im gonna try it. my pc is really crappy and old so i wont be able to try it til i get a new one. btw where did your avatar come from it looks pretty damn cool.

I'll probably update my computer just before release, if I have the money at the time that is.

What avatar do you mean? My current one is fanart done anime style, the previous one I had with dinosaurs is from the 2nd edition Eldar Codex:

www.gobiel.com...

And my first avatar is a painting by John Blanche:

3.bp.blogspot.com...

Originally posted by platipus
way too awesome dont u think?

wh40k rocked my world the moment i heard about dow, just the thing i been looking for.

Yes.. I've been dreaming about 40k video games since I was a little kid, I hope it's good because I need something to play while I'm not reading up on the latest world news or conspiracies.

I need something to relax with.. reading up on world events way too much can burn you out pretty fast.

Originally posted by Funkydung
wow that looks really good...ive played wow for about 5 years now and i cant even look at it anymore because im just so burned out on it....def need something new and refreshing and this looks like it might just do the job. whens it coming out??
and while you wait for this to come out go check out www.leagueoflegends.com...
possibly one of the best free online games ive played in a while....

I think it will be released 2012-2013 so I'm hoping the world won't end then.
If there's anything to this whole 2012 thing it better be the ascension of mankind or something cause if I don't get to play this game it better be damned good.

It's a long way to go.. but at least they're not rushing it.
I think there'll be gameplay videos out around new year. I'll probably update this thread if I come across anything new or interesting.

I'll check the game out, thanks for the tip.
Just watched a gameplay movie.. I'm not that big a fan of point and click combat, I'm just too old fashioned or slow I guess. I'm that person you call noob when you play me online. I tried Modern Warfare at a friends house a few days ago and only managed to get one kill!

That's why I'm hoping this game will be skill based so I can use my mouse when targeting people, and it seems like they're going that route since they showed a crosshair in one of the videos.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I don't like MMOs either but i'm such a fan of Warhammer that i'd definately give this a try.Wish they could do something like fire warrior again,though.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLaughingGod

This looks awesome I might actually need to get a new computer and try to convince the wife I should spend a week playing video games...

I owned and read cover to cover the original Rouge Trader in 88 or 89 and have been following the game universe ever since.

I'm still hoping 2012 will mark the Rise of the Emperor and we will begin the course to this world...

top topics

join