It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

50 students poisoned in attack on Afghan girls' school

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   

50 students poisoned in attack on Afghan girls' school

www.eitb.com

More than three dozen school girls were treated after becoming ill from suspected poisoning at their high school in Ghazni province, in eastern Afghanistan on Saturday.

Some of the teenage girls from the Jahan Maleka High school had fallen unconscious after smelling poison gas according to police officials.

"Some of the enemies sprayed poison gas from outside into the High school compound," said Ghazni Police Official, Ghani Khan.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.youtube.com
www.teleg raph.co.uk

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
The validity of war is always a struggle to justify particularly when we look in terms of civilians and the impact of warfare on their lives.

This is not the first example of such poisonings, google it, they have been going on for a while and always at girls schools.

The goal of the war is given as regime change, the same as in Iraq. We have all heard the stories of the Taliban pre invasion society in respect of their control of women and societal ethos.

But this really is proof if it was ever needed that the Taliban regime had lost the plot and gone too far. I am anti war but do understand that it can be a necessity as much as I abhor it.

Here we see the Taliban waging a war of terror on their own people using fear as a means of control trying to prevent education of women through fear. Now admittedly I do not understand the motivation, psyche or motivation of a Taliban man, but this is sick.

I no longer care whether this is a war about oil, power, position, NWO or whatever. The terrorist acts perpetrated on their own people has become reason enough in my mind to justify regime change.

www.eitb.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Noooo not high school girls! take me instead! we need there object attractiveness!

Al Quada has gone too far on this one

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   
This is not the first time this has happened.
There was a similar poisoning in the last
12 months. It seems the local clerics
dont like women/girls getting an education.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
It is sad and wrong to see crap like this happening in the world. But considering where and who, it is not shocking. I see stuff like this, and have to say in my head "Another day, another attack"! It is horrible over there. And getting worse.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Is this old news to everybody I cannot believe the lack of interest in this subject!

It is horrific.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Here is a great intro to Christiane Amanpour and her relentless coverage of the situations facing Afghani women and girls today.

They have but a shining moment to try and educate as many girls as possible, to open as many cottage-industry businesses as possible, to live a somewhat autonomous life, just at this moment in history, and they are doing incredible things with it.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   
This is not acceptable in anyway. Equal education for everyone should be promoted and not demoted. Whoever was responsible for these actions needs to be brought to justice.

top topics

join