It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looking for alien DNA

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Looking for alien DNA

cosmiclog.msnbc.msn.com

What if these aliens tinkered with our DNA to enhance our intelligence - the biblical tree of knowledge of good and evil - but held back the genetic fruit from the tree of eternal life? Does the story of Adam and Eve actually refer to the aliens' tinkering? Zecharia Sitchin says he's willing to stake everything he's written about alien astronauts on DNA tests that could be performed on the 4,500-year-old remains of a high-ranking Sumerian woman.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
en.wikipedia.org
en.wikipedia.org

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I found this great little gem about a man named Zecharia Sitchin who believes that when Nibiru made its last pass of earth it dropped off a few alien visitors who were looked upon as gods by the ancient people of earth. They then enhanced our intelligence through our DNA. Sitchin claims that these are the "Annunaki mentioned in Sumerian scriptures, and the Nephilim mentioned in the Bible."

I hope that he can go through with these DNA tests, it would be mind boggling if they could prove anything. I'm quite interested to see where this goes.

cosmiclog.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
The problem being Sitchin believes a lot of things, most of which are not true and made up by himself. But it does sell books so it's not a total loss.
For him that is.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I still like Stitchin.

I'll admit..
I have a hard time getting through his books without crazy ADD kickin in,lol
but I still like the man..
and I don't think everything he says is nuts.
Not by far.
He really is brilliant.

good one OP

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Well, at least Sitchin is willing to put his money where his mouth is. He's willing to risk his entire professional reputation, which is pretty big judging by his book sales. I hope he succeeds in getting the tests done. I want to know what they find. It could be big.

What if he's right? What if they find something in her DNA that would have allowed her to live twice as long as a normal human? We could extend the human lifespan.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by greggae

It is in everyone on the planet.

There were numerous 'tinkerings' throughout our 'beginnings.'

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Another very interesting thread. Will be keeping an eye on this and looking around myself. Thanks for posting.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   
The problem i have with these stories is that they are not always fact (although sometimes based on factual stories). It is more of a story told to get a message across to the "profane", while hiding a deeper message.

So the "tree of knowledge" has the mystical properties that your every day person of superstition would "get". But on a deeper level there is the metaphor for the progression of man.

Then you get to the point where you can apply it as a metaphor for DNA, whereby the 'forbidden fruit" could relate to genetic manipulation.

Perhaps this is the story: we were thrown out of the "garden" for tinkering with our DNA.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by AmethystSD

To be fair we're already pretty sure on how to extend the human lifespan, we just don't have a way to properly implement it yet. We have already extended the lifespan of certain animals five fold. Unfortunately, the leading theory involves telomerase which tends to cause cancer in humans.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Finally, an interesting thread, wish could lead to GOOD news, apposed to everyone feeling sorry for the U.S over these "tragic" events, which the U.S themselves, set up.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Unstable Affliction

Um, off topic and totally bonkers much?

Back on topic, who knows, her DNA could hold other secrets other than longevity. Not that we should count on hearing the gritty details from the mainstream media.

top topics

join