It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

STOP THE FEAR MONGERING!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   
What the HELL is it with people here? There are so many people begging for world war 3 and the end of the world. So many people spreading fear.

This world is #ed up enough as it is without you bloodthirsty idiots making it worse. Give it a rest cos its getting me, and no doubt others, down.

Sick.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Not be rude, but have you taken a good look around recently?

Welcome to Wonderland Alice!

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Fearmongering is in the eye of the beholder. Most of us just call it information gathering. In order to plan for the worst and hope for the best, you first have to know the worst.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Firefly_

Um, that's kinda a big part of what these boards are about.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Yes and that is the point. Its completely #ed, and people insist on making it even worse.

Fact: We are still here. So the worst has not yet happened, yet people are praying and hoping for it to happen which makes me sick.

Theres one thing informing people so they are prepared, but speculating and scaring people is another.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   
People are not getting answers or resolutions to what is going on around us and at a rapid rate.

We have no idea what is being hidden and there are things being kept from us.

So I think this is their way of trying to find answers.

We have no leader in command. We are practically on our own.

I'm starting to see the fearmongers are actually trying to make sense of so many things that do not make sense.

We need to be in the know and more than ever we are kept in the dark.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 08:30 AM
link   
This isnt facebook...honestly..ATS isnt meant to make you feel GOOD..it's about information..sharing..gathering..etc..

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   

HAHA! Yes it's full on eh?!

I try to become the observer and not the emotion.

Can be a task convincing. A lot are heavily programmed I think.

be cool

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yummy Freelunch
This isnt facebook...honestly..ATS isnt meant to make you feel GOOD..it's about information..sharing..gathering..etc..

Precisely, but it is the very nature of how the information is conveyed and the message being recieved that is the important factor here isn't it?

In that case, the OP is absolutely right. Luckily, ATS has some brilliant minds but where it measures more than the sum of its parts with those rare and brilliant posters, it certainly balances out with the illiterate and foolish ones too.

PEACE

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   

I think people should start making a journal or log for their personal recollection. Like a diary for adults. This could stimulate creativity in these troubling times. While on Ebay looking for a shortwave antenna I guess I will get a mic too and start making daily entries into a personal log.

There may be panic when the first big hurricane comes through. (hope not) I don't live near the coast, so mostly I'm an onlooker.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Yummy Freelunch

ATS isnt meant to make you feel GOOD..it's about information..sharing..gathering..etc..

Increasingly it is also becoming a very long advert for "Oil emergancy" dvds.

It's over the top I totally agree. It isn't about sharing information as much as sharing fear now. I especially see certain posters who are in the thick of every "run for your lives this is the end" thread.

In the end, the fear mongering helps in marginalizing the conspiracy world even further and we again look like a bunch of nutters.

In the end that is exactly what "they" want.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   
And this thread moving here completely limits me getting my point out. This was posted in the Conspiracy forum for a damn good reason. Its more than just a rant.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Firefly_
Its more than just a rant.

Then maybe you shouldn't have written it like one.

[edit on 16-6-2010 by NewlyAwakened]

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
You should be affraid of everything the government, contrails, listenting devices in your teeth and the NWO secret police in your back yard at night.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkelf
Fearmongering is in the eye of the beholder. Most of us just call it information gathering. In order to plan for the worst and hope for the best, you first have to know the worst.

Couldn't have put it better myself.

[edit on 16-6-2010 by hornum]

new topics

top topics

join