It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Bubble Bubble, Oil & Trouble {BBOT} Writing Contest [Winners Announced}]

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by hotbakedtater
Is there a maximum length?

The Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire is 1200 pages of small print. If you wrote a similar lengthy tome, it would no doubt win through sheer ponderosity.

The judges, however, may be out for blood as a consequence.

So, no, there is no maximum.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by masqua

Great idea! I've already read some excellent submissions and they inspired me to add my own modest contribution.

Many thanks,

Mike

[edit on 21/6/10 by JustMike]

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Have you ever tried to read War and Peace for fun? GAH! I tried.
My head hurt afterward, needless to say.

Anyway, it is about time another contest was thought up, despite the unfortunate situation that is based upon.

I live a few miles from the Gulf, so I could easily take a trip of inspiration.

Just remember guys, winning isn't everything. Second place is sometimes okay.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Great to see another contest finally! I added my entry to the contest late last night and I'm still going through all of the incredibly great entries.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   
19 stories already and all show talent.

Wow.

Keep it up, ATS'ers. This may turn out to be the best contest ever.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by masqua
19 stories already and all show talent.

Wow.

Keep it up, ATS'ers. This may turn out to be the best contest ever.

I have to agree, the Judges are going to have a hell of time picking a winner this time around.

Great job everybody it's been really great to read all of your work. Maybe this will convince a specific staff member that we need a contest every month

~Keeper

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by masqua

I have a question:

I submitted my story already (it's on the shorter side) and was considering adding a Part 2.

*Is that possible to do and have it continue as part of the contest, or would Part 2 just be more for "a fun addition" but not actually be considered as part of the original story submission?

*If it is possible, can it be edited into the original post, instead of tacked onto the end of the second page of comments?

I'm not set on it one way or the other, just considering options.

Thanks for the help!

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi

I submitted my story already (it's on the shorter side) and was considering adding a Part 2.

*Is that possible to do and have it continue as part of the contest, or would Part 2 just be more for "a fun addition" but not actually be considered as part of the original story submission?

It is possible to add to the existing story thread and have it part of the contest entry. However, you can only have one entry per the rules in the OP... so having "a fun addition" wouldn't fly.

*If it is possible, can it be edited into the original post, instead of tacked onto the end of the second page of comments?

If you prefer, I can do that for you.

[edit on 26/6/10 by masqua]

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by masqua

Gotcha. Thanks.
If I find time, I will consider it.
Cheers.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I'm just wondering, is it possible to know whose judging?
Tothetenthpower is and is there anyone else?

I forgot all about them

[edit on 27/6/2010 by BlackPoison94]

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackPoison94
I'm just wondering, is it possible to know whose judging?

If one knows where to look (not telling), it's possible to figure out who some of the judges are, but not all of them.

It's better that way because, after all, this IS a conspiracy board.

In the past, I've tried to keep the identities of the judging panel secret as much as possible (for a variety of sensible reasons).

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Ahhhh thank you

Yep better to keep their identities secret!

*puts detective hat on*

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I'm in, I think....if this actually counts towards my 20th post!

I've read through quite a few of the stories already posted. WOW. Some really talented people out there, but more interesting than the talent is the perspective of some of the writers towards this event. It says a lot. I wish luck to all that enter.

Off to write my entry!

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
i would like to wright a[BBOT] how do i start i am new to using this type of page bad eye site and head injury make it challenging but i like challenges it make feel alive. is the use of spell check allowed?

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by bekod
i would like to wright a[BBOT] how do i start i am new to using this type of page bad eye site and head injury make it challenging but i like challenges it make feel alive. is the use of spell check allowed?

Yep, I would say write it into a word processor and spell check it there.
It always works

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 08:14 AM
link   
This contest ends in one month, July 16, 2010 (at the stroke of midnight, EST).

That would be Saturday morning, actually... so, if you were to submit a story before I wake up and close the contest, it will be accepted as long as it fits the criteria laid out in the OP of this thread.

Last minute submissions are the reason the judges are given around a week to make up their minds on the winners. Because of that, please have patience and wait for the official announcement.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 08:09 AM
link   
The contest winds down today, so get those entries in if you've been sitting on them.

If I've missed handing out Writer status to anyone who submitted a story to the contest, speak up and it shall be done.

Also... I'm sending out an alert to the volunteer judging panel. Please try to get your picks to me via U2U within 7 days.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 12:11 AM
link   
I'm just happy that I can publish something that would cause the instructor of a composition class to cringe and convulse. I made my court date and sentence shall soon be passed.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
All of the stories were so interesting to read.
Good imagination, great creativity, very cool perspectives.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I agree, LS, great entries, lots of talent!

Thanks for the writer status!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join