It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unidentified Submerged Objects ~ USOs

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+16 more 
posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 01:08 AM
link   
This is a subject that isnt talked about enough around here. I guess because we cannot see what goes on under our oceans etc like we can in the sky - But people from around the world have said that they have seen UFOs, or in this case, USOs fly into and out of waters.

How do some of you here feel about this?

We know more about the Moon than we do our own Oceans. So who knows, maybe our Oceans are where some of these craft are coming from? Perhaps an underwater Alien base resides somewhere in the deep depths of the watery abyss?

Here are some interesting radar/sonar documents on USOs: www.waterufo.net...

And here are some USO sightings with testimony from both military and civilians: www.waterufo.net...

More content on USOs: www.crystalinks.com...

Unidentified Submerged Objects or USOs are any objects or optical phenomenon seen in the water which are of unknown origin and cannot be identified even after being thoroughly investigated. These Unidentified Submerged Objects are seen by most ufologists and investigators as a phenomenon the same as or similar to UFOs, Unidentified Flying Objects, the difference being they are seen traveling under or entering or leaving a body of water. Most USO sightings are of a "typical" UFO emerging from the water, and are not seen or classified as a separate phenomenon by most people. Although identifying and dispelling unidentified flying objects has typically been important to militaries as a national security, the relatively rare USO sightings, compared to UFO sightings have never been reported as a national threat or caused the sensation that typical UFO sightings often have. Ranging is size and shape the most common USO sightings are of disk shapped or cylindrical shapped objects. Traveling at speeds far exceeding any earth based underwater craft these objects typically travel anywhere between 150 and 500 knots when submerged. Some of these objects have even been reported as traveling at much higher speeds. The most famous USO sighting was in 1967 at Shag Harbour, Canada

www.where-is-area-51.com...

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 01:24 AM
link   
And also, AUTEC (Atlantic Undersea Test and Evaluation Center) has been rumored to be an Underwater Area 51. There is no proof of this, its just rumor though.

Here is an interesting take on AUTEC: aboutfacts.net...

AUTEC

What is AUTEC? AUTEC stands for the Atlantic Undersea Test And Evaluation Center. This may not mean much to the average person out there. Let me explain. AUTEC is a government facility that deals with undersea testing. I am sure most of you have heard of Area 51, but in case you haven't, that is another government facility that is top secret and is said to house top secret aircraft and ufos. Why do I mention this? The reason that I had to mention Area 51 is that AUTEC is said to be the Area 51 of the ocean. Many people believe that not only are there new types of undersea craft being tested there, but that there are also ufos and usos there. Usos are unidentified submerged objects and are thought to be ufos that are under the water.

Thoughts?

Hey, you never know.

[edit on 16-6-2010 by -Blackout-]

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by -Blackout-

Thanks for this interesting topic, USO's don't get covered to often on here.

I think if there are mystery crafts we don't know much about, (at least the public doesn't know much about) and they are not from earth or even if they are from our own making, the oceans and lakes would be a great place to hide out. I see no reason why they can't easily go from space, to air, to sea.

[edit on 16-6-2010 by InvisibleObserver]

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Besides the Shag Harbour incident, have their been any other popular and well noted USO incidents?

Shag Harbour is the only one that I can think of off hand.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Because I live next to a later body of water, USO's are kind of fascinating to me.

Accounts of them being one in the same aren't far fetched either. If UFO's come from space or another dimension or whatever, it isn't unfathomable to me that they can submerge.

The ocean is a huge place, and I don't think the strange noises we hear from it are imaginary.

The "Bloop" in particular. Maybe it's some kind of Godzilla squid, but I would think it more plausible to be some sort of ET/USO/UFO connection.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 01:53 AM
link   
I'm trying to remember more incidents, but its getting late and I'm thinking to hard for anything to ring up.

Here is another incident I found on here.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 01:57 AM
link   
hey thanks

USO's are one of my favorite topics.
I've seen just about every USO documentary
on youtube and I go back about once a month
to see if anything new pops up (pun intended)

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 03:40 AM
link   

The USS Midway 1989 – The Gulf of Oman

In 1989 the aircraft carrier USS Midway was on a tour of duty in the Indian Ocean. On a mission in the Gulf of Oman, the Combat Direction Center (CDC) watch officer and his crew were electronically monitoring the positions and movement of all surface contacts to ensure a safety margin of three miles or more from any potentially hostile vessels. Suddenly the officer spotted three strong blips (contacts) on his radar screen grouped in a triangular formation. On the second sweep of the radar screen the officer was stunned to see that the contacts had moved a considerable distance in a remarkably short period of time. While this CDC group’s mission is to monitor and track ocean surface contacts, low flying aircraft are also periodically picked up on their low angled radar. These contacts however, were moving faster then any aircraft the officer or his crew had ever observed. The next unnerving thought to occur to the CDC officer, was that these were missiles. The officer checked with the airborne detection group within the CDC and they responded that they weren’t picking up or tracking anything at all. There were no contact blips flashing on their screens.

www.zuko.com...

There is a USO encounter I never heard of. Nice website also by the way. Has quite a bit of information.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 04:00 AM
link   
I have an aquaintance, we call him the Professor as he is an electronics expert who fixes our machines when we can't work out what's gone wrong.

He used to be in the Navy, in submarines and on many an occassion they picked up unidentified craft below them moving many times faster than their subs, in fact unbelievably faster but this was a national secret and they were not permitted to report or speak about it.

A few years ago, he was told by locals in the village he now lives in that 'people' some times turn up and ask questions about him and what he talks about. He has never spoken of these things to locals but he does to others and is aware that these craft really are 'above top secret' and possibly because of his questioning of his commanding officers repeatedly over these things while he was still in the navy the reason why he is still under surveillance.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 04:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Elliot

Has he ever mentioned anything about AUTEC being the Navy's Area 51? I know it sounds crazy, but that underwater test facility is quite mysterious indeed and has been rumored among UFO groups to be an underwater Area 51.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 04:12 AM
link   
No. He has never mentioned that but he has been out of the navy for at least 15 years now.

However, he speaks of these super fast craft appearing on nearly all their missions and their being an 'agreed silence' on what they could possibly be to the point that his commanders would be very uneasy on any discussion of them at all. They knew they were not to be mentioned.
He was of a high rank, though not commander and he thinks he was not 'let in' on the reason for the silence becuase of his persistence in trying to find out what they were.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Have you seen this rather good USO thread from SkyFloating? www.abovetopsecret.com...

PS OP - are you DoomsdayRex or is your Avatar a web image?

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 04:16 AM
link   
reply to post by LightFantastic

Nice link.

No, im not Doomsdayrex. As I explained already in another thread, this was an avatar I have used on another website and since he changed his here, I asked for his permission to use it here, and he said sure.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Excellent thread topic, and agreed, USOs aren't well known or discussed a great deal, at least not that i have come across, would be very interested in more information and reports of witnesses etc, so the search for info begins! lol I personally cant see why so called 'ETs' wouldnt hide, or go amongst their business underneath the cloak of oceans.. there are so many places we as humans cant explore in the vast seas of Earth due to depth alone, (San Andreas Trench).. we cant even comprehend what is going on down there i dont think, or at least what all could be found in these places (OOPARTS for example) perhaps the perfect place for things the public shouldnt know have been found over the years, to be tossed into...we do seem to know a lot more about our sky than the sea, and maybe old salior stories and the like should be looked at with different eyes now..

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 07:33 AM
link   
USOs are very interesting to me because it's easier to hide under water where we can't readily see them. I have never seen a USO myself and honestly it would probably freak me out. I dont mind UFOs but USOs, no.

You might want to check out this very extensive thread on USOs.
USOs

There is a lot of information in that thread. I do agree they don't get talked about as much but I don't think they are seen as much and if the military is seeing them well we know most of them won't talk.

S&F

Oh and your avy is freaking me out lol I keep thinking you are Doomsday Rex!

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Here is History Channel program from the mid 1990's on USO's.

DeepSea UFOs USOs HistoryChannel

It's a google video, not youtube so I have to link it. I'm finding google video has better videos and ones I thought you couldn't find. I remember seeing this a few years back, it's not that bad.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by -Blackout-
Besides the Shag Harbour incident, have their been any other popular and well noted USO incidents?

Shag Harbour is the only one that I can think of off hand.

Oddly enough, long before i ever heard anything about usos I had dreams where I saw ors of light coming out of the water, as i was on a cruise ship in my dream... Very very odd

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I love this subject matter. And it is so true. We haven't even scratched the surface on knowing what is in the deep of our oceans. And if ET's are visiting earth, what a great place to hide without being seen. I believe in this phenomenon and love hearing more and more about it.

I really don't think they are human machines. I personally believe they are of an ET origin. And I would not be shocked at the chances of there being a underwater base(s)!

So many keep looking to the sky's saying, "Are we alone out here"? I know we are not. Should we be looking at this world and saying, "They are here. Where are they hiding"?

I am NEW to this site and love it. Can't wait to post some more. Take care all.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Autec is off of Andros Island in the Bahamas. It is the range that US and Allied submarines go to test and qualify with our torpedos. Been there many times. There is also another range, or there used to be one in Escamwalt Canada. Was only there once.

[edit on 6/16/2010 by Submarines]

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
i find usos fascinating! the shag harbor incident always comes to mind.
wasn't there an american battlegroup that tracked a uso untill it zoomed off at speeds we can't reproduce underwater? i seem to remember something like that. great thread rex!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join