It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Wild DRAEVIN Appears!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 12:30 AM
link   
O.o Hi, I am the Draevin.

I've been lurking the site for a little while, now, posting in a few threads that drew my attention.

I'm 24, and starting to look around me to see zombies EVERYWHERE.

Ok.. wtf is going on? Am I going crazy I ask myself, well self, am I? I don't think so.

People have completely lost themselves all around me. Friends used to show me new fun things, now they're all coming to me separately, showing me the same exact things the other ones are showing me.

Wow Jimmy... you got an iphone? Cool.. I guess, oh it tracks your children for you? Cool. Oh... You got you four year old an mp3 player... cool, hey how's that mortgage coming? Foreclosure? Dang, that iphone cost WHAT!?

Wow Sarah... you got an mp3 player? Cool.. I guess, oh it babysits your children for you? Cool. Oh... You got you four year old an iphone... cool, hey how's that mortgage coming? Foreclosure? Dang, that iphone cost WHAT!?

Wow Derek... etcetcetcetc.

Seriously? Am I going crazy? Or is something really happening?

This is what brought me here, I'm either going crazy, or everyone around me is sleeping. Aren't there more important things? Like... say that giant effing oil volcano ready to destroy an large part of the planet? Or maybe... you know... that weird stuff flying around in the sky above our nuclear weapons? Or maybe... we have NUCLEAR WEAPONS!?

So yeah - I came here to maybe find some answers from other people that might be noticing the same things I am.

If I don't, then I accept that I'm losing it and I welcome a padded cell.

So yeah, I'm the Draevin.

I'm a single 24 year old male living in a sea of what I think to be zombies.

I love to read, I love stories, I love to write.

My favorite topics that I've read so far are Ufo's & Aliens, and philosophy and metaphysics.

Of course there is a whole lot of other really great stuff I've found here.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 12:36 AM
link   
i944002 uses "Welcome!"

It's super effective!

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by i944002

Made my day!

And also made me feel super nerdy. ^.^

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Ahhhh you'll fit in quite well here. Welcome to ATS!

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Hello draevin,

Welcome to the community, glad you joined us.

Sounds like you had an awakening,

too bad your friends are in the haze, they must drink a lot

of koolaide.

If you have any questions feel free to ask.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

Thanks! I think that is a most appropriate compliment, or a very deceiving insult. Either way I fit in right?

=)

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by draevin

Welcome to ATS Draevin.

You must think similar to myself. I see people blowing money on extravegances that are really not needed, while they can't make their payments on things that are needed.

You have a good head on your shoulders, don't start blending in and become one of the zombies that you speak of.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by InvisibleObserver

I would describe it as such, but ever since I've started to notice these things, I've been wondering who else knows of the situation. It's actually kind of scary sometimes.

Hopefully with more information and finding my own answers it wont be so bad.

Although sometimes I wish I could just go back to sleep. The people in my life still seem happy and appear to feel safe. Woah there's that part where I feel like I'm going crazy again.

*shoves it back into the bag*

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by RussianScientists

Thanks for the kind words!

I have to admit that I've been full a fledged zombie for such a long time that I'm surrounded by things I don't need, and yet I can't bring myself to get rid of them.

Oh well, with time.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Lol, ya I agree. People don't care, or don't care to know and that really surprises me. Hundreds of thousands of girls think they will be the ones to marry Justin Bieber, American Idol is still being watched, and there are people who still believe in Obama.

So much kool-aide out there

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Welcome and you have apparently started off good at Ats!

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by star in a jar

I almost hit a younger relative of mine when she told me she had Beiber Fever. Instead I told her that zombies are real and she was going to be one when she grew up.

Her response was simply, "Cool!"

Also... Just Beiber needs to be looked into.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Gentill Abdulla

Thank you, much appreciated!

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by draevin

Of course there is a whole lot of other really great stuff I've found here.

Yeah I hope one of them was the truth.
That's what we strive for hear more than anything else. Be a truthseeker and a truthspeaker and you will automatically deny ignorance.

Welcome to ATS.

[edit on 16-6-2010 by randyvs]

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by draevin

Welcome to the forums man.

See you around.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Thanks! Godsmack is win, and great song!

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by draevin

I almost hit a younger relative of mine when she told me she had Beiber Fever. Instead I told her that zombies are real and she was going to be one when she grew up.

Her response was simply, "Cool!"

Ugh that's horrible!

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Dude, you got problems!
You should stay in more often, maybe get an i phone call your friends and stop seeing them in person they may have the swine flu. Don’t worry about the mortgage there are government programs that will fix them. Ignore the bad things you hear and especially the ones you see.

Oh hell who am I kidding, you’ll fit right in, welcome to ATS.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 02:27 AM
link   
reply to post by draevin

Uh yeah, that happened. Everyone became zombies. The transition fully took place sometime this spring, kind of creepy actually. Basically, people stop doing anything fun, and replace it with what they believe to be duties. They also tend to stop working towards any kind of future goals, and are afraid of doing anything that would make them individuals.

The worst part is that I am feeling myself get sucked into it and can't stop.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by g146541

Hah - you had me going for a second.

Sadly those are the responses I get from people in "the real world."

I feel like if I went to a doctor and asked them if I was crazy, they'd whip out and iphone and tell me there's an app for that.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join