It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists Warn Gulf Of Mexico Sea Floor Fractured Beyond Repair

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   
LOL Americans and the nuke. What is it about those things you guys love so much? lets see, pollute the water by something that will take years to fall to the sea bed or wash ashore. Granted not good for the environment but still its kinda natural. Or nuke it to the stone age and polute the waters with toxic element that can kill everything in the water including anyone eating the creatures from said water.

Hmmmmmm big choices there.
America: "let's nuke it"
the rest of the world (including the poor fishes) : "find a better solution"

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by UnitedSatesofFreemasons

Here we go again with the numbers...

"April 22nd sinking of the Deepwater Horizon oil platform"

"Planet’s eleventh largest body of water"

What is it with the PTB and 11, or multiples of?

Was this intentional?

Sorry for the off topic post UnitedSatesofFreemasons

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by James Battleworthy
saw video of the sea floor leaking on here, Its begining,

Hopefully people do realize that over 250,000 barrels of oil leak from the Gulf seafloor every year Naturally. It's not exactly great news to be seeing oil leak from the seafloor so close to the well site, but it shouldn't be totally unexpected.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by anubis9311
LOL Americans and the nuke. What is it about those things you guys love so much? lets see, pollute the water by something that will take years to fall to the sea bed or wash ashore. Granted not good for the environment but still its kinda natural. Or nuke it to the stone age and polute the waters with toxic element that can kill everything in the water including anyone eating the creatures from said water.

Hmmmmmm big choices there.
America: "let's nuke it"
the rest of the world (including the poor fishes) : "find a better solution"

I just think its kind of funny (in a gallows-humor way -- actually, nothing about this situation is truly "funny") that each solution involves more and more unpleasant substance. First there was the "mud" solution. Well, mud...ok, not a particularly pleasant thing, but at least natural. Then they were talking about the "garbage shoot." Garbage...erm, OK, if that's what it takes, but a bit nasty...now there is all this NUCLEAR talk...

Its almost like somehow a penance must be done by picking the most vile possible solution...some twisted form of wearing a hair shirt or something...

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by pavil

250,000 barrels of oil per year calculates to around 685 barrels of oil per day.
The latest “estimate”, which seems to be going up by the day, is around 40,000 barrels of oil per day GUSHING into the Gulf.
But you are saying ”don’t worry, it happens all the time, nothing is going to happen”.
I am glad you can still smile while a maniac on Angel Dust is holding a gun to your head

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by silent thunder
I just think its kind of funny (in a gallows-humor way -- actually, nothing about this situation is truly "funny") that each solution involves more and more unpleasant substance. First there was the "mud" solution. Well, mud...ok, not a particularly pleasant thing, but at least natural. Then they were talking about the "garbage shoot." Garbage...erm, OK, if that's what it takes, but a bit nasty...now there is all this NUCLEAR talk...

Its almost like somehow a penance must be done by picking the most vile possible solution...some twisted form of wearing a hair shirt or something...

I think the "mud" they were talking about is actually drilling fluid which is not all that natural. However, your point definitely holds true, as there then follows the horrible dispersants.

I'm sort of hoping that BP's greed will mean that they give the relief well option, a vital ingredient of the nuke plan anyway, a full chance before sticking a nuke down the new hole they will drill. BP want the oil, they won't get it once that nuke is detonated.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by brilab45

1. War with UK over BP? - you go and look up who owns BP - I understand the majority of shares are USA - remember they changed from 'British Petroleum' to BP years ago after a major merger with a large USA corporate. Madness?

2. You say that the UK thinks this is an economical rather than ecological or human disaster - speak for yourself, most Brits (I'm actually here so I can tell you) see this thing just the way most Americans do - go figure>

Follow your logic and the rest of the world would all be declaring war with the USA over the banking collapse - no?

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by GhostR1der

Aren't there at least two leaks now? I thought I read that somewhere.

Also, are we sure we're being told the truth by anyone?

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by wiser3
reply to post by pavil

250,000 barrels of oil per year calculates to around 685 barrels of oil per day.
The latest “estimate”, which seems to be going up by the day, is around 40,000 barrels of oil per day GUSHING into the Gulf.
But you are saying ”don’t worry, it happens all the time, nothing is going to happen”.
I am glad you can still smile while a maniac on Angel Dust is holding a gun to your head

Dude or Dudette,

I didn't say don't worry, I only make the point that seeing oil leak from the seafloor in the Gulf is something that happens all the time. Obviously the leak from the Oil well is something different. I will have to see and hear more documentation of the "sea floor fractured beyond repair" before I believe that.

It does sound like the concrete casing around the well has been compromised, that doesn't bode well for shutting it down fast.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by wiser3

The latest estimates go up to a max of 60,000 barrels per day. Times 42 gallons? Over 2.5 million gallons a day? Scientists estimate the Gulf to be at 650,000,000,000,000,000 (650 quadrillion) gallons, but so what? That much oil just doesn't need to be floating around in there, eh?

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Hi Lucidity, firstly, LOVE your Avatar!
As I said, it just keeps going up and still no end in sight, even living here on the west of Africa this is some kind of scary sh%t that is going down and I honestly think that we, all of us that inhabit this planet, are going to feel the consequences one way or another!
Even if this thread has been moved to the HOAX Forum!

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Any time you see any "reports from the Kremlin" assume it's the Sorcha Faal gremlin.
I always wonder if there's any motive.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
No it would actually create more fissures.

Many experts have all ready gone on record saying this is not an option.

Originally posted by St-Patrick

extraordinary measures

Knowing this

I would bet that this will lead

To international negotiations

About whether or not to nuke the area

I would also bet that this catastrophe will end

With a nuke or 2

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by St-Patrick

extraordinary measures

Knowing this

I would bet that this will lead

To international negotiations

About whether or not to nuke the area

I would also bet that this catastrophe will end

With a nuke or 2

Nuke it? Is that how they repair cracked things where you live, by setting off super explosives, and blowing out a huge hole instead of the crack?

I dunno. I guess it WOULD get rid of the crack, but converting it to a giant hole seems a little iffy, to me...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join