It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two ID'd in Florida air base incident

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Two ID'd in Florida air base incident

www.cnn.com

Macdill Air Force Base, Florida (CNN) -- One of two people who tried to enter MacDill Air Force Base with unauthorized weapons is an active duty military member on AWOL status, officials said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.google.com
topnews.co.uk
www.nytimes.com
en.wikipedia.org

Mod Edit: Review This Link: Instructions for the Breaking News Forums: Copy The Exact Headline

[edit on 6/15/2010 by semperfortis]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Macdill AFB is home of US Central Command which conducts the wars in both Afghanistan and Iraq. They were stopped outside the base in a sporty utility vehicle with military style weapons, a large amount of ammo, and military style uniforms. The information is still rather scant at the moment. One of the people detained is an active duty service member who is absent without leave.

Could this person be a disgruntled service member who had a bad experience in Iraq or Afghanistan, a militia member, a terrorist, or a potential false flag event? Good thing these people were stopped and taken into custody at the gate because if they had gained access it could have led to another Fort Hood event or worse?

On the same day, General David Petraeus, commander of US Central Command and the officer tasked with leading the efforts in both Afghanistan and Iraq collapsed while testifying in Washington about the direction of the conflicts. Just an interesting coincidence.

David Petraeus COLLAPSES During Senate Armed Services Committee Hearing (VIDEO)

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Review This Link: Instructions for the Breaking News Forums: Copy The Exact Headline

[edit on 6/15/2010 by semperfortis]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Jakes51

Names are being withheld so it's a safe bet they're muslim.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Oh my.. it's the old collapse on the podium trick so you wont have to answer questions or tell another lie.

As far as the two suspects.. I'm interested to see how they spin this compared to the truth. I am sure it will all come out sometime.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Funny you posted that video of Petraeus Collapsing,have you ever wondered this question? if i may ask, why does the cameraman spin away from Petraeus and behind the rear of him? after all, durning the meeting the cameraman usually is always.

In front of Petraeus.

Just asking and wondering, this isnt the first time, the media spined away from so called Ill leaders, remember bush anyone?

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
Funny you posted that video of Petraeus Collapsing,have you ever wondered this question? if i may ask, why does the cameraman spin away from Petraeus and behind the rear of him? after all, durning the meeting the cameraman usually is always.

In front of Petraeus.

Just asking and wondering, this isnt the first time, the media spined away from so called Ill leaders, remember bush anyone?

Exactly, I think it was intentional because it's quite hard to fake a collapse, especially when giving vital information.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Odd.. NEVER heard of anyone who went A.W.O.L before being stupid enough to return to a military base on their own.. All the ones I saw returned were in custody of M.Ps..

top topics

join