It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Psychiatrist of Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu Commits Suicide

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   

legalienate.blogspot.com

A suicide note at his side explained that Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, who has been his patient for the last nine years, had “sucked the life right out of me.”

“I can’t take it anymore,” wrote Yatom. “Robbery is redemption, apartheid is freedom, peace activists are terrorists, murder is self-defense, piracy is legality, Palestinians are Jordanians, annexation is liberation, there’s no end to his contradictions. Freud promised rationality would reign in the instinctual passions,, but he never met Bibi Netanyahu
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   
This psychiatrist is a poor soul - interesting that he said "the life was sucked right of of him" by Netanyahu - this is somewhat typical of predatory sociopaths/psychopaths to do this.

Of course we are in the times of the apocalypse (the great unveiling) where all that is lies and illusion that is taken to be normal simply comes crashing down.

Unless of course this is pure satire - other posters have noted it has not been covered by Israeli MSM
Thanks

Bravo

legalienate.blogspot.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 15-6-2010 by Bravo111]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Suicide??? I will have to reserve judgement til later, maybe some secrets were let out, that needed to be silenced.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Your source does not show his source. So...
Since i never saw anything similar in Israeli news, left or right - i just ran a google check for Moshe Yatom, psychiatrist.
משה יתום,פסיכיאטר
And funny enough - nothing came up,for famous psychiatrist it is very weird.
Also, Netanyahu never lived in Tel Aviv. Keysaria or Jerusalem.
There are constant attacks on Netanyahu's wife and her psychology problems, but never ever it was connected to Netanyahu.
So sorry, i smell a hoax. Smart one though.

“Bibi came by at three for his afternoon session. At four he refused to leave and claimed my house was actually his. Then he locked me in the basement overnight while he lavishly entertained his friends upstairs. When I tried to escape, he called me a terrorist and put me in shackles. I begged for mercy, but he said he could hardly grant it to someone who didn’t even exist.”

Or actually not so smart.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by redeyedwonder

What ever the case....he knew too much.

Poor soul. I hope he found his peace...

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   
lets get a source ... if this is true well ... I wouldnt doubt it

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Those are the kind of patients you don't take if you want to stay alive, but who knows if he even had a choice.

Peace

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Is Bagdad Bob alive and writing for HAMAS?

lol

second line

This is a comment by the author...

I cannot believe the callousness of people questioning Mr. Yatom's existence. Is it not enough that he suffered and died trying to help the sickest of the sick? To deny his existence is to deny his suffering and defame the dead, which is worse than murder.

He lived, he served, he died - trying to heal the tormented soul of Benjamin Netanyahu, the most ambitious undertaking of which mortal man is capable.

His greatness is for the ages now. May he rest in peace.
legalienate.blogspot.com...

He lived...he served...?
..the most ambitious undertaking of which mortal man is capable?

Bad propaganda.

[edit on 15-6-2010 by whiteraven]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bravo111we are in the times of the apocalypse (the great unveiling) where all that is lies and illusion that is taken to be normal simply comes crashing down.

[edit on 15-6-2010 by Bravo111]

This is an incredible quote IMHO.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroKnowledge

So sorry, i smell a hoax. Smart one though.

I think you MIGHT be right!

After doing a search (as did others) it seemed like this one article (the OP's article) is the source for all the others.

Found this article about this and the author ended up editing it to add this "Disclaimer".

UPDATE: Psychiatrist of Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu Commits Suicide

EDIT: After I wrote this I tried to find a few more sources and media outlets who can verify the information. Almost a week later and still nothing. This is either Internet propaganda or a story so deeply buried it will never come out. But as I advocate the truth and an open dialog, I don’t want to be responsible for inciting negative feelings towards anyone with out concrete evidence. There are a ton of quotes from Mr. Netanyahu that shed light on his mentality and rational with out stories like this one. Until I can back it up with more evidence, I’m going to keep this message as a disclaimer.

P.S. The author of the blog for the OP's article is,

-----Michael K. Smith is the author of "Portraits of Empire" and "The Madness of King George," from Common Courage Press. He can be reached at [email protected]

So, there's his email if anybody is interested in contacting him.

Actually I think this just MIGHT be just starting a little hype for a new book or something.

[edit on 6/15/2010 by Keyhole]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   

AHAHAHAHAH!

What a perfect headline! I have to go back and read the OP now, but dam that is the perfect headline!

A psychiatrist? Isn't that suppose to be the expert in the field of NOT committing suicide?

This sounds like a Bugs Bunny/Daffy Duck episode!

I have always bragged that I can't go to therapy, because I would probably drive the therapist crazy, but this guy really did it?

Back to read the OP now.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Hoax or cover-up.

We'll never know.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
This is a hoax, or some sort of political satire. Till I can actually find a legit source I'm going to hold that position. I searched the name Moshe Yatom, the prominent psychiatrist in Israel, and got zip.

Well I did get links that lead back to the same story in this blog.

However when the alleged suiicidal "Moshe" stated in the article that to Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu...

“Robbery is redemption, apartheid is freedom, peace activists are terrorists, murder is self-defense, piracy is legality, Palestinians are Jordanians, annexation is liberation, there’s no end to his contradictions. Freud promised rationality would reign in the instinctual passions, but he never met Bibi Netanyahu. This guy would say Gandhi invented brass knuckes.”

...I wanted to believe.

- Lee

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Al-Jazeera seems to have picked it up. Granted it's an identical copy of the article but you'd think they would fact-check? Or I'd hope so....

SOURCE

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 06:12 AM
link   
It's bull#, the next story on the blog is the suicide of barak's shrink...

Did anyone actually buy into any of this?

Seriously...

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 06:37 AM
link   
There is a "Moshe Yatom St." in Israel ->

Moshe Yatom St.
IL-76121 Rehovot
Israel

And i found more:

“I’m completely shocked,” said neighbor Yossi Bechor, whose family regularly vacationed with Yatom’s family.“Moshe was the epitome of the fully-integrated personality and had cured dozens of schizophrenics before beginning work on Bibi. There was no outward indication that his case was any different from the others.”
But it was. Yatom grew increasingly depressed at his complete lack of progress in getting the Prime Minister to acknowledge reality, and he eventually suffered a series of strokes when attempting to grasp Netanyahu’s thinking, which he characterized in one diary entry as “a black hole of self-contradiction.”
The first of Yatom’s strokes occurred when Netanyahu offered his opinion that the 911 attacks on Washington and New York “were good.” The second followed a session in which Netanyahu insisted that Iran and Nazi Germany were identical. And the third occurred after the Prime Minister declared Iran’s nuclear energy program was a “flying gas chamber,” and that all Jews everywhere “lived permanently in Auschwitz.”
Yatom’s efforts to calm Netanyahu’s hysteria were extremely taxing emotionally and routinely ended in failure.“The alibi is always the same with him,” complained another diary entry.“The Jews are on the verge of annihilation at the hands of the racist goyim and the only way to save the day is to carry out one final massacre.” Yatom was apparently working on converting his diary into a book about the Netanyahu case. Several chapters of an unfinished manuscript, entitled “Psychotic On Steroids,” were found in his study. The excerpt below offers a rare glimpse at the inner workings of a Prime Minister’s mind, at the same time as it reveals the daunting challenge Yatom faced in seeking to guide it to rationality:

and

“Bibi came by at three for his afternoon session. At four he refused to leave and claimed my house was actually his. Then he locked me in the basement overnight while he lavishly entertained his friends upstairs. When I tried to escape, he called me a terrorist and put me in shackles. I begged for mercy, but he said he could hardly grant it to someone who didn’t even exist.”
-----Michael K. Smith is the author of "Portraits of Empire" and "The Madness of King George," from Common Courage Press. He can be reached at [email protected]

Source: www.topix.com...

Official Source of the Suicide Message:

www.aljazeerah.info/Opinion Editorials/2010/June/14 o/Psychiatrist of Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu Commits Suicide By Michael K.htm (copy and paste)

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Hmm, Hoax? I found more, sounds like a good writer has written this "story".

Psychiatrists are familiar with the human tendency to massage the truth to avoid confronting emotionally troubling material, but Yatom was apparently stunned at what he called the "waterfall of lies" gushing from his most illustrious patient. His personal diary details the steady disintegration of his once invincible personality under the barrage of self-serving rationalizations put forth by Netanyahu.

The first of Yatom's strokes occurred when Netanyahu offered his opinion that the 911 attacks on Washington and New York "were good." The second followed a session in which Netanyahu insisted that Iran and Nazi Germany were identical. And the third occurred after the Prime Minister declared Iran's nuclear energy program was a "flying gas chamber," and that all Jews everywhere "lived permanently in Auschwitz." Yatom's efforts to calm Netanyahu's hysteria were extremely taxing emotionally and routinely ended in failure. "The alibi is always the same with him," complained another diary entry. "The Jews are on the verge of annihilation at the hands of the racist goyim and the only way to save the day is to carry out one final massacre."

Yatom was apparently working on converting his diary into a book about the Netanyahu case. Several chapters of an unfinished m *** cript, entitled Psychotic On Steroids, were found in his study. The excerpt below offers a rare glimpse at the inner workings of a Prime Minister's mind, at the same time as it reveals the daunting challenge Yatom faced in seeking to guide it to rationality:

"Bibi came by at three for his afternoon session. At four he refused to leave and claimed my house was actually his. Then he locked me in the basement overnight while he lavishly entertained his friends upstairs. When I tried to escape, he called me a terrorist and put me in shackles. I begged for mercy, but he said he could hardly grant it to someone who didn't even exist."

More...

Just one week after Benjamin Netanyahu�s psychiatrist Moshe Yatom killed himself in despair over his failure to develop an effective treatment for the Prime Minister, a second psychiatrist suicide has left Israel reeling.

Another dead...

Yigal Peleg, 61, a colleague of Yatom�s who had been treating Defense Minister Ehud Barak for Security Addiction Disorder (SAD), was found dead at his home in Tel Aviv Monday evening from an overdose of Valium. A suicide note indicated that Yatom�s failure had provoked widespread despair in Israel�s psychiatric community, which fears a therapeutic remedy for doublethink is much more remote than previously believed. Security Addiction Disorder, often characterized by blizzards of doublethink, is also now believed to be well nigh incurable. The loss of two such highly successful analysts to clinical depression in such a short time has left Israel fearing a wave of �shrinkicides� may be in the offing

In a somewhat surprising development, psychiatrists world-wide are rallying to support their embattled Israeli colleagues by forming a Free Israel movement. As their first major action they are planning to sail a flotilla to Tel Aviv loaded with humanitarian relief supplies for Israeli psychoanalysts and their high-profile patients; that is, tons of anti-depressants for the former and elephant tranquilizers for the latter. Flotilla organizers admit that these are only palliatives, but argue that the elephant tranquilizers in particular have been shown to be at least moderately effective in calming the symptoms of Zionist Infantile Outburst Neurosis (ZION), the most serious of which is a chronic impulse to rob, swindle, torture and murder all those who, in the victim�s judgment, which is by definition infallible, impede the onward march to the Zionist paradise.

Source: au.messages.yahoo.com...

and so on...hoax? Possible

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Yup! Definitely satirical and a work of fiction. Here's part 2 (which i've just noticed is also quoted in the post above):

Second Psychiatrist Suicide Rocks Israel

Case closed on this one. It's satire through and through.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Unfortunately, it's a lot more common than you'd think.
My mom has been suffering with depression and GAD (gen'd anxiety) for the last ~15 years.
Her psychiatrist recently attempted suicide via CO poisoning/car in garage.
I don't know details more than that.

He was in the hospital, and then psych care for about 3 months.
My mom started seeing another doctor (who used to share a practice with him and several other physicians)
But after being treated and cleared, he decided (surprising IMO) to come back to continue his practice.
My mom decided to go back to him, because she "felt bad for him", saying "bless his heart!" (she's for REAL Southern lol)
lmao....
ohhhhhh mom!

edit on 12-12-2011 by ltinycdancerg because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-12-2011 by ltinycdancerg because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   
If a leader of a country needs a shrink, that country needs a shrink.

Step down now, Israel leader.

We don't need any more lunatics in charge of this world.

And we do not want any more wars - just a message to all you deranged leaders.

top topics

join