It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sweden evacuates Rig for potential blowout.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Hellmutt

LOL! I was about to say did the OP even read the article? Norway, Sweden, Finland!

Still bad news, maybe the recent oilrig failures will be wake up call to the masses to demand to be let off the oil baron's tit and put on cleaner energy. But, that might be would TPTB want us to do.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
The difference between Norway and the Brits is that Norway contained the rig and BP.....cut costs.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
That news item is almost a month old, last thing i heard 1 BOP was working and they were working on stabilizing the pressure. The risk of uncontrollable blow out of oil is minuscule.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by tooo many pills

Yes I did read the article, and I had already replied to his msg. Had a few things going on at the same time and got a bit confused.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Edews
That news item is almost a month old, last thing i heard 1 BOP was working and they were working on stabilizing the pressure. The risk of uncontrollable blow out of oil is minuscule.

Maybe so, but 3 seperate incidents in a month timeframe. They got some fixin to do

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by OuttaTime

Its cool no biggie. We all need a laugh to keep us sane from the world crumbling around us.

Before long the only part of the Earth that will be visible from space will be the land and clouds of pollution because the oceans will have turned black from oil blending them into outerspace.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
On Radio 4 here in the UK this afternoon, an interview with an American politician (didn't' catch the name) he was calling it " BP America " he said it several times.

I was wondering if the recent telephone calls between the Tories here in the UK and Obama has something to do with the usage of a different name as we have seen since it began.

Has anyone else noticed anyone else using " BP America " during interviews?

It a very sad and disturbing thing this spill, it has been happening for decades in different countries, I find it even sadder that a big outcry only happens when it effects us here in the supposed Modern Society or First World as some regrettably call it.

Perhaps it is something inside the Planet which is causing these problems which nobody knew about, there has been a lot of little earthquakes for months in Europe RSOE EDIS granted there haven't been many near Norway for a couple of months that I know of, as one person I was out with last night said, its like the Earth is about to take a huge breath, as she takes her breath its causing changes we have never seen before, maybe all these little quakes have a knock on effect around the World.

Some will argue that its nothing new, which to some extent is right, but there certainly have been changes if you look around the World.

I don't think we will have any choice but to drop fossil fuels if we cant drill for it, people need to start going through old patents again and find the stuff which has lost its patent, but have been lost by accident or dropped behind a drawer or misfiled on purpose, what about the patents which the oil companies have bought from people to stop their inventions hitting the public market?

If Tesla could do it a hundred years ago, then there must have been some others, what about Tesla's own patents, there is a limit on how long a patent can stand I believe?

We can invent the oil companies out of business, I bet there are some inventors out there who are kicking themselves for selling their patents to the big corporations, they could speak up now about what they invented or achieved,then someone could alter the idea enough to bypass the patent like big corp have done themselves, beat them at their own game..

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by tooo many pills
reply to post by OuttaTime

Its cool no biggie. We all need a laugh to keep us sane from the world crumbling around us.

Before long the only part of the Earth that will be visible from space will be the land and clouds of pollution because the oceans will have turned black from oil blending them into outerspace.

The one pic that comes to mind is the vision of a dead planet from the Resident Evil movie. Let's hope it doesn't come to that. I've got grass to mow

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by azzllin

There are tons of patents for renewable/overunity energy. Sad part is, there are DoE insiders at the patent office so most of it gets supressed or vital calculations are removed from the formulas. I've spent hours browsing through stuff at REXRESEARCH. Your imagination can go wild on some of those ideas. Lots of good stuff there.
The main point is, we have to, as a national community, learn to live better and make asserted efforts to limit our use of fossil fuels. I try to use glass or stainless steel whenever possible. Plastic and aluminum are just plain bad.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Simplynoone

The need to send SWAT teams on to every rig and inspect them suggests a threat is still on-going or expected !!?

Could be terrorist related but maybe this is just to try and re-assure the american people everything and anything is being done....

I find it hard to believe there is any involvment from a soveriegn state against those interests but I'm sure i read on another thread about someone or something was causing concern in this area...?

Could be Dr Evil and his undersea empire of baddies - in which case we need Mike Myers in a scuba suit --- god help us !!!

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by PurpleDog UK

You're right. If SWAT or any special tactics team is sweeping the rigs, they are undoubtedly looking for a certain type of person. If the other rigs were in no danger, then what could they possibly be assaulting?

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by whiteraven

That's what I like about this site... misinformation quickly turns to information. Good find.

I never cease to marvel at the people that bemoan the use of oil from the vantage point of a technology that could not exist without oil derived products. I don't disagree that we need to find an alternative but I think that 99% of the people of the world have no clue of what a daunting task that is.

If you still don't get it- Your computer is laden with products derived from oil. This site, the internet, technology as we know it, would not exist without products derived from oil.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join