It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bloody Sunday Inquiry Findings

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Right people after 12 years its we are finally going to find out if anyone is going to face criminal prosecution for the massacre on bloody Sunday, I have started this tread so we here on ATS can post information and thoughts as they come. At time of writing this the report has been out for just over 15 minutes so there’s not much info just now but please post any information you can. So far it’s looking like some British soldiers are going to face charges of manslaughter for this.

I personally think it’s about time, this inquiry has cost nearly £200 million and my only hope is that it’s not a complete whitewash. I would appreciate your thoughts and as information comes out I’ll try to update this tread.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   
The report is over 5,000 pages and 10 volumes so I think it will take some time to digest.

Just seen Cameron's speech and he is promising a full debate - but not till the Autumn. I think that's precisely for the amount of information there will be to digest.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Ok hears the latest form the BBC

“None of the casualties was posing a threat or doing anything that would justify their shooting, David Cameron says. There is no point in trying to soften or equivocate what is in this report :the events of Bloody Sunday were not justified, he says. Mr Cameron adds: "What happened should never, ever have happened - some members of our armed forces acted wrongly. On behalf of our government and our country I am deeply sorry."”

So its already looking good they have that none of the deaths were justified. And even the PM has admitted as much.

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Mr Cameron said:

* No warning had been given to any civilians before the soldiers opened fire

* None of the soldiers fired in response to attacks by petrol bombers or stone throwers

* Some of those killed or injured were clearly fleeing or going to help those injured or dying

* None of the casualties was posing a threat or doing anything that would justify their shooting

* There was no point in trying to soften or equivocate - the events of Bloody Sunday were not justified

* Many of the soldiers lied about their actions

* What happened should never, ever have happened

* Some members of the British armed forces acted wrongly

* On behalf of the government and the country, he said he was "deeply sorry"
* The events of Bloody Sunday were not premeditated

* Northern Ireland's Deputy First Minister Martin McGuinness, Sinn Fein, was present at the time of the violence and "probably armed with a submachine gun" but did not engage in "any activity that provided any of the soldiers with any justification for opening fire

these are teh key findings.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   
What's there to debate? The troops opened fire on an unarmed crowd of demonstrators and killed a load of innocent people. It took the people of Britain and Ireland about a week to figure this out. It takes the UK government 37 years to get around to admitting it. Luckily for us, they learned their lessons from it - now they do their killing of innocents in Afghanistan and Iraq.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Guys, this topics already got a thread. Please add your posts on there.

Bloody Sunday Thread

new topics

top topics

join