It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What actually is Jacobs Ladder?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Does anyone in modern day terms (metaphysical especially) know what Jacobs Ladder actually is? Its something, for some reason I have suddenly started coming across in non related searches on the internet. It seems to have made itself aware to me , so I thought Id try to find out exactly what it is!

I saw the film and from what I remember it seemed to be his whole life go before him in the moments of his death. He also may have been shown different choices he could have made and their outcomes but I cant really remember the film too well.

www.imdb.com...

This link seems to say its a ladder to heaven, but how does that relate to our day to day lives? Are we climbing this ladder as we are in life or do we do it upon death? Do you understand it to be an actual ladder we must build from maybe energy points or is it just a story of how the soul leaves upon death?

en.wikipedia.org...

Id really be interested in hearing your ideas or personal experiences of what this ladder may actually be? One thought I had was that it may be the ladder the soul climbs but over many life times , but it could be the climb of possibly just the one life we are experiencing now. Maybe its a ladder out of the matrix or possibly into another dimension?

edit to fix links.

[edit on 15-6-2010 by Mr Green]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 05:53 AM
link   
One opinion is, that they are levels of consciousness. Kind of a symbolic metaphora, as most religious objects are.

-v

[edit on 15-6-2010 by v01i0]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Green

Hi Mr Green,

You can read about Jacobs Ladder here: Jacobs Ladder.

These are the readings from Manly P Hall - very good to read

Valorian

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Jacob's Ladder

After so many posts on the Gulf, this is a much appreciated respite.

I have always thought (beside the flowering plant of same name) that Jacob's Ladder (In Ancient Turkish Jacob in the colored coat is the demon of the lies, and Asura is the shining spirit of the truth) -- is the ladder of DNA.

Look at bones, nature conserves .. so when a mammal changes, the DNA just adjusts where it works and where it shuts down .. this is very obvious in the bones of various members of the mammal group.

DNA can be re-written with EM, and certainly this may be how our ancient predecessors and their crystals and 'power through the air' driven ships (in all 3 elements) worked their world. (Edgar Casey)

It is a bit frightening to think that our current population with amnesia of the old Righteousness .. where all nations were bound to the "good of all" code ... will possibly have this power in the not too distant future, but we have a responsibility as well, to change the moral under-pinning of our civilizations!!

This thing going on in the the GULF (and off the East Coast with old Mustard Gas, and off New Zealand with Fumigant pellets) --- this is like a huge test!!

Will we pass? Will Obama see that people can do it better than appointed and paranoid officials who don't want to look bad?

People out of the way of BP can use what they want, the bugs which eat the oil, the better options, but someone in power has to turn off the Corexit.

Calling DNA junk is like saying I had three cups of stupid and a pastry glazed in "Idonno" for break-fast. But we have always had scientists with their feet in the mouths, instead of the discernment. They are like a test as well. No problems, just disinformation for the comatose and sleeping ... which would not have such an effect if we were on the ball. Which would be easier if we had no wars, no crime, no destructive drugs on the streets, etc .. on and on.

Let us hope the balance does not get any worse ..... and I see I have slipped back into soap box mode .. which you do not deserve to be exposed to ... sorry ...

So yep, Jacob and the unwashed masses ... and that brings up .. the galactic crossing, and Deneb and Cygnus X3 (Andrew Collins dot com / Cygnus -- awesome stuff) and whether we will be "bathed in an EM upgrade" or left to decompose into capitalism and the military-industrial complex. Which would you rather take your chances with?

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Maybe it's DNA, or a cadeceus.

Pic of above.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by v01i0
One opinion is, that they are levels of consciousness.

So it may be a ladder consciousness climbs as it becomes more aware, but isnt an actual ladder as such that each must materialize from some inner source of energy? You know like some say a merkaba field needs to be formed to astral travel, maybe this ladder needs to be formed for consciousness to climb into actual awarness

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Serendipity7

I have always thought (beside the flowering plant of same name) that Jacob's Ladder (In Ancient Turkish Jacob in the colored coat is the demon of the lies, and Asura is the shining spirit of the truth) -- is the ladder of DNA.

Yes your right, DNA does look a little like a ladder. Maybe it is this ladder we need to change as we climb it through evolution. Thanks for that idea. Possibly the answer to how our consciousness can climb is in our DNA.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 06:30 AM
link   

There are similar concepts/symbols from other races and cultures too. Finn's Ladder in celtic/pre-celtic cultures and The Rainbow Serpent in Australian Native culture are some.

Each one shares the same thing.. having Colors (English: Colours) as something important to the symbolism.

I propose that all the Ladders, Bridges, Snakes, etc, are symbolic of the levels of awareness relating to the subtle energy centres in the human body.. the chakras.

We "awaken" these centres as we grown back into our higher awareness, so to me the concepts and symbols refer to the process of awakening back to "heaven".

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Here is another version of information from Barbara Marciniak: Pleiedians

1-20 videos

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 06:40 AM
link   
When i first see the title of your thread op i thought, great something i can add some information about. As this is a place ive been.

But on reading your post i realised that it was not about the jacobs ladder i know. Anyway here is what i know about Jacobs ladder.

Cheddar Gorge and Wookey Hole: Home of Spooks, Cannibals and Witches

"Richard Gough's uncle George Cox also discovered a cave, duly named after him, that highlights some fantastic calcite rock formations. Another local constructed Jacob's Ladder, a flight of 274 steps up to the heights to take in awe-inspiring views of the surrounding Mendip Hills. There have also been persistent stories of a 'lost cave', rumors exacerbated by occasional floodwaters flushing out tantalizing hints of undiscovered finds and the 1985 revelation by cave divers of a route down to the river still running below Gough's Cave".

LINK: www.timetravel-britain.com...

[edit on 15/6/10 by boo1981]

[edit on 15/6/10 by boo1981]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 06:41 AM
link   
In the electrical world, a Jacobs ladder is a pair of diverging wires up which a high voltage discharge climbs.

Every mad scientist in every science fiction movie made from about the 1930's to 1950's had to have one.

www.ibm.com...

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 06:41 AM
link   

One opinion is, that they are levels of consciousness. Kind of a symbolic metaphora, as most religious objects are.

-v

Nihilism?

Metaphora ... like the rainbow? .. where G^d will no more destroy with water

Where the rainbow matches the vibrations (sounds), and the chakras? and the healing perhaps? ...

Have you read Michael Hayes and Colin Wilson: The Hermetic Code in DNA: The Sacred Principles in the Ordering of the Universe ?

Heady stuff, and will get your mind in high gear in no time at all ... very, very good leap in and learn to swim book.

~*~~*~~~*~~~~'*'~~~~*~~~*~~*~ (metaphorical swimming)

Avatars: elegant plumage, home spun goodness, pleas, favorite things, Catchy things which are not allowed, but slip in just a little, and more ...

'Tis like life: Where is your perspective, and how do you feel? ... = your avatar.
I am semi-obsessed with the 3 pancaking galaxies out with the quasars; (those do not look like quasars, but Hubble Heritage did not have any Quasar images which lent themselves) ... And a huge sombrero of concrete might work a second time in the Gulf!

What is your favorite thing? (oops, I am totally off topic and will likely have the post removed .. but you may see it first ... (and I have done my work for tonight!).

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 06:45 AM
link   
i think the film was portraying the ladder to be the way the manufactured '___' took you on the trip, straight down man, nothing with what you guys are on about

(well thats the way the Chemist described it towards the end of the film)

and as he was Jacob then it was Jacobs ladder the whole film was a massive trip, so his future life portrayed was just a hallucination, not reaching a higher plane, as he died on the field hospital table shortly after being spiked with this acid

[edit on 15/6/10 by Smiler74]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 06:51 AM
link   
refers to seventh heaven, first heaven second heaven etc

The number 7 in biblical references symbolically represented perfect completion, as in the seven-day week, the seven eyes and horns seen on the Lamb of God in The Book of Revelation, and the seventh in the generations of Adam: Lamech who was completely wicked, and Enoch who walked with God.[1]

[edit] Seven Heavens in Judaism
According to Jewish teachings in the Talmud, the universe is made of seven heavens as below:[2][3]

Vilon (וילון), Also see (Isa 40:22)
Raki'a (רקיע), Also see (Gen 1:17)
Shehaqim (שחקים), See (Ps 78:23, Midr. Teh. to Ps. xix. 7)
Zebul (זבול), See (Isa 63:15, I Kings 8:13)
Ma'on (מעון), See (Deut 26:15, Ps 42:9)
Machon (מכון), See (1 Kings 7:30, Deut 28:12)
Araboth (ערבות), The seventh Heaven where ofanim, the seraphim, and the hayyoth and the throne of the Lord are located
(WIKI)

IMHO
sub rosa reference to reincarnation
some reincarnatioalit (sic) traditions hold that when you reach the heaven where god is and think "I am so proud of my self" pride causes a snake ride to the bottom to start climbing again

LAD- a strapping young lad
ladder
the climb from childhood to manhood and then old age

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Green

So it may be a ladder consciousness climbs as it becomes more aware, but isn't an actual ladder as such that each must materialize from some inner source of energy? You know like some say a Merkaba field needs to be formed to astral travel, maybe this ladder needs to be formed for consciousness to climb into actual awareness

I agree.

And the most amazing event of our lives in the realm of the consciousness comes at the connection with the universal consciousness when birth is brought into our lives -- when we experience the level of conception.

This is where we connect to our true light body heritage, and if all goes well .. we learn to access this field in a mental space, of our own accord, without ripping up our own preexisting lawn.

Conception is like a new Merkaba. But it goes with it's new owner when that being is born. (speaking from the maternal here)

Cheating conception to connect is Shaman's work and bad, bad JewJew (Ice Movie) ... Tantra, etc, ... tears up lots more than the lawn!!
Making a Merkaba with consciousness ... I wonder about the validity of that; as it seems you should have been born with one of your own at the beginning of this round of the Chemical Wedding (bond of spirit to matter).

So .. I have to put in a plug for this book, awesome book, I am waiting for a sequel -- one of these days ... The Hermetic Code in DNA: The Sacred Principles in the Ordering of the Universe Michael Hayes and Colin Wilson

I think this is off to a great start .. and I have to go read some pages!

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Serendipity7

-v

Nihilism?

Metaphora ... like the rainbow? .. where G^d will no more destroy with water

Where the rainbow matches the vibrations (sounds), and the chakras? and the healing perhaps? ...

That was such an interesting word I had to google it!!!! Nihilism.

Metaphysical nihilism
Metaphysical nihilism is the philosophical theory that there might be no objects at all, i.e. that there is a possible world in which there are no objects at all; or at least that there might be no concrete objects at all, so even if every possible world contains some objects, there is at least one that contains only abstract objects.

An extreme form of metaphysical nihilism is commonly defined as the belief that existence itself does not exist.[51][52] One way of interpreting such a statement would be: It is impossible to distinguish 'existence' from 'non-existence' as there are no objective qualities, and thus a reality, that one state could possess in order to discern between the two. If one cannot discern existence from its negation, then the concept of existence has no meaning; or in other words, does not 'exist' in any meaningful way. 'Meaning' in this sense is used to argue that as existence has no higher state of reality, which is arguably its necessary and defining quality, existence itself means nothing. It could be argued that this belief, once combined with epistemological nihilism, leaves one with an all-encompassing nihilism in which nothing can be said to be real or true as such values do not exist. A similar position can be found in solipsism; however, in this viewpoint the solipsist affirms whereas the nihilist would deny the self. Both these positions are forms of anti-realism.[citation needed]

However I cant see how this would relate to a ladder/rainbow. If nothing actually exists (no actual real objects) then where does the ladder come into it? Maybe its a ladder between a world of objects into one without?

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 08:26 AM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

mystery solved. thanks ghostbusters!

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Green

So it may be a ladder consciousness climbs as it becomes more aware, but isnt an actual ladder as such that each must materialize from some inner source of energy? You know like some say a merkaba field needs to be formed to astral travel, maybe this ladder needs to be formed for consciousness to climb into actual awarness

Huh. I don't know nothing about anything like fields and things. That was just my initial response to the question; I vaguely recalled that I've seen this painting about Jacob's ladder where angels where helping people to climb and some devils made them fall.

So the consciousness was first thing that came into my mind. Call it an intuitive answer. However, I don't claim it to be true. Just makes sense to me - when you are conscious enough, you "transcend" your body understanding several truths about universe, one being that you are not your body alone. Maybe on the top of the ladder you may find out something pretty shocking.

-v

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Serendipity7

Originally posted by Serendipity7
What is your favorite thing?

Sometimes small things which first seem off topic may be important in determining other's stand on issues.

My favourite thing? Life? I can't name anything really specific - it's the existence itself and two cups of coffee in the mornings

I really don't like categories, but I guess I feel nihilistic at times.

-v

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   
an illegal mode of transportation within your own generational and ancestral reincarnation "line"; when understood from the guise of someone expressing "jakobs ladder".

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join