It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An email from a "BP Insider" -- Possible Conspiracies Are Numerous

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Hello,

If I may refer you to my new thread that in it, the last link in OP may be the story behind all this hush hush stuff going-on. It's a tiny piece with a link to read more on the story, yet, that page is missing?

Here's the link...

theyesmen.org...

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   
George Noorey. CoasttoCoast.AM, had a mariner on his show - Captain Kelly Sweeney. I remember hearing him say there were no entries in the ship's log book/journal for something like 12 hours before the disaster, which he said is unheard of, very suspicious. George has had him on several times and they both feel something very covert is going on.

If anyone could get anymore information about the log book or perchance talk with Captain Sweeney, he might be able to add a few more pieces to the puzzle.

www.coasttocoastam.com...

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   
There is a diagram and explanation of what BP is "planning" to do with the relief well(s):

www.bp.com...

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Kudos to ATS for posting this email.

Very disturbing, but I think many of us have seen this coming.

Martial Law?

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   
False

A relief well is just that, the complexity of reaching an intersect with the first well is 50-50 at best and the reason BP has the best people in the industry on those two projects. When a RW misses, the drill has to be withdrawn and a portion of the missed well has to be recemented so a new course can be set for the drill! This is why BP has two underway because any miss eats up valuable time. Leaving the second well closer to contact and hopefully hitting the mark.

In fact many argue BP should have 3-4 RW's underway. Once BP finally makes an intersect with the main well they are going to cement it shut forever. Let's just say the pressure is too high for a cement kill? BP will cement the RW shut. No way will BP risk a blow-out let alone another rig going down in flames=This story is baloney.

[edit on 14-6-2010 by jeffrybinladen]

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by loveguy

That last page says:

Sorry, but the page or file that you're looking for is not available.

Please check to see that you've entered the correct URL. If you've spelled the address correctly, then the content may have been moved or retired on www.halliburton.com.

If you think you may be getting this message in error, please try again later.
Source: www.halliburton.com...

haliburton.com?

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Equinox99

There are a many, many former and active bombing ranges in the Gulf of Mexico. Here on St. George Island, we get munitions washing up on shore about twice per week, but there have been occasions where it required many volunteers to pick up 100's of munitions within a few days!

The Navy and Air Force both have many ranges, the local fishermen get advisories when they will be bombing, and there are also restricted areas that are never available for fishing.

I don't think this is related to Oil Rig at all.

Although, this little disclaimer is interesting!

Sample: 737 (c) Unexploded Ordnance. “The US Air Force has released an indeterminable amount of unexploded ordnance throughout Eglin Water Test Areas. The exact location of the unexploded ordnance is unknown, and lessees are advised that all lease blocks included in this sale within these water test areas should be considered potentially hazardous to drilling and platform and pipeline placement.”

www.anorak.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
There are oil people on this site, can anyone run rough numbers on how much BP could make with two super wells in a year minus an approximate on how much a clean up would cost? IMHO that would be the easiest way(if one could do it) to do the basic fact checks.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by jeffrybinladen

If the bedrock of the seafloor is leaking, then the RW has to meet up with the original borehole at a depth greater than where the cracks have occurred for cement to be used successfully.

I don't think any of this looks very promising.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRedneck

Hello,

So, you read;

Deepwater Gulf of Mexico — BHP Billiton’s Atlantis 2 well ran into serious problems when a competitor’s PDC drill bit twisted off in the wellbore after experiencing extreme vibration and torque.

And clicked "more"??

Isn't it odd that the rest of story got scrapped?

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
As soon as I read Martial Law I quit reading. Nobody, and I mean nobody, that far down the line would know anything about martial law might be being called. Just a letter to stir up people and create more fear (food) for them if you let it. Just remember, all is as it is suppose to be. What is suppose to happen, will happen. Do away with ALL your fears...If your down there where the leak is try to save any living animal that you can. Clean-up at this time is a waste of time. Containment is needed until the leak is stopped which may be a long way off if the NWO has it's way about it. They live off of our fear. Don't give them any more...Starve the bastards to death.....They don't have a conscience and they probably don't have a soul either....

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   

According the page I linked to, they now have such accurate EM technology that missing the bore is not a significant problem, and they have newer fluids that are capable of "cementing" even the highest pressure wells. They used the example of a 17.5" pipe that was sealed with a new polymer fluid and guar resin.

I tend to agree with the OP email, that not only will they begin cementing the blow out, but they will also begin producing the reservoir. I think they can make the case that it is necessary to relieve the pressure from the reservoir to ensure now underground blowouts/fissures and to be sure that their kill procedure stays in place. It wouldn't surprise me if taxpayers didn't end up subsidizing their production of the reservoir!

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Lebowski achiever

Well you may also want to read my thread/theory located below which gives both a possible motive and incentive.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by vesta

I have done nothing but think about this horrendous oil leak..........

A very interesting email - Was a little concerned with the below :

"also something happening about 100 miles southeast of the rig site with several navy and uscg ships. And Friday two serious looking guys arrive and started directing our sup. Apparently they showed Navy Intelligence ID when they arrived along with a dozen commando looking guys".

What on earth could this be about???

FEMA concentration camps could be the answer to all the evacuation plans

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

NONE of it looks promising, but the facts are just that. No need to have all the good people who post here worrying about another crackpot scenario.

Ats should post insider info if they think it's legit and if it isn't the community will de-bunk it....

Originally posted by getreadyalready

According the page I linked to, they now have such accurate EM technology that missing the bore is not a significant problem, and they have newer fluids that are capable of "cementing" even the highest pressure wells. They used the example of a 17.5" pipe that was sealed with a new polymer fluid and guar resin.

I tend to agree with the OP email, that not only will they begin cementing the blow out, but they will also begin producing the reservoir. I think they can make the case that it is necessary to relieve the pressure from the reservoir to ensure now underground blowouts/fissures and to be sure that their kill procedure stays in place. It wouldn't surprise me if taxpayers didn't end up subsidizing their production of the reservoir!

SIGH That's great, but the pressure on this well is incredible not to mention the depth of the RW's .......and it's still no guarantee they make contact first try.....

Believe what you want! BP is not trying to develop SUPER WELLS either (whomever said that) after all the damage they've done to the GOM do you really think BP wants to park 2 leased rigs over a deposit pay all the personnel and simply give that oil money away?

BP will never make a dime off the Macondo block 252 EVER

[edit on 14-6-2010 by jeffrybinladen]

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Missing Blue Sky

I have been thinking that exact same thing for weeks. (About April 19th.)

I think there are a lot of signs that point to this being sabotage. One of the biggest is the way this crisis is being handled.

Our government is either completely inept, and can't handle a simple problem... or there is much more going on than they are telling us.....or, its all being orchestrated by a power other than (or higher than) our government.

[edit on 14-6-2010 by nikiano]

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
For a liaison his grammar and spelling are questionable, in my opinion. And his email doesn't address a crucial aspect of what he claims: why would BP blow this well months before the "relief" wells were complete? Why not just keep the current "problematic" well contained and NOT incur any cleanup costs, boycotts, and all the bad press that would obviously come from a "spill?" and, instead, blow it after, or a little before, the new wells hit the original?
I believe, like most people, BP wants to be as profitable as possible that's why blowing the well for financial gains doesn't make sense to me. I think if they did blow it it would be for reasons much more troubling!

[edit on 14-6-2010 by Threadfall]

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by thinline

BP's cap is set at $75M, for clean up. All oil companies have been paying into a fund since the Valdez that will pay the rest. Obama has mentioned raising the cap, but I doubt that happens. They have also mentioned raising the tax that funds the fund. That will probably happen, and it will probably be passed right on to the gas pumps!

As for the profit. They were leasing the drilling rig for $533k per day. So about 150 days of drilling costs the same as their portion of the entire cleanup! They were already 46 days behind schedule on drilling, and that is why they had skipped some of the safety protocol.

So, imagine two new superwells drilled in about 90 days and the potential profit of those wells, compared to the $75M cap on damages. Seems like a no-brainer for the oil execs!

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
So, they did this to open two "more profitable" wells?

How could any other well be more profitable than one the size of Mount Everest? I could see trying to open additional wells, but one would guess this one would have lasted for many, many years. That doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Originally posted by Essan

Okay this covers a bigger area and the total amount of oil is now larger, but the concentration in any one place will likely be no different to, say, the Torre Canyon, Exxon Valdez, Sea Empress, Braer ...... none of which resulted in any evacuations whatsoever.

That is hardly surprising. The areas affected were not as densely populated as the Gulf coast. Another factor here is the large amount of natural gas and volatile organic compounds being released which have a major detremental effect on air quality. If this leak keeps pumping then I personally think that evacuations may be needed.

Missed quote tags.... Sorry!

[edit on 14-6-2010 by Karilla]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join