It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Protesters set their own plans for war

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2003 @ 12:10 PM
link   
BOSTON, March 9 � They have marched and chanted, hoping to use persuasion to prevent war. If that fails, though, activists are readying a more aggressive strategy of sit-ins and social disruptions, meant to restore peace in Iraq....

www.msnbc.com...

posted on Mar, 9 2003 @ 01:04 PM
link   
well i was watching cnn and at least i know that these pacifists have some competition, there are activists that support GWB

posted on Mar, 9 2003 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I salute those public demonstrators. Sit-in's worked in the Civil Rights Movement of the 60's, maybe it'll work in protest of the war in Iraq.

posted on Mar, 9 2003 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Midnight Mutilator
meant to restore peace in Iraq....

www.msnbc.com...

What peace in Iraq? The only thing that will restore peace in Iraq is if we go in and oust Saddam and let the Iraqi people create a gov't for themselves. The peaceniks are mistakenly 'activistizing' on the wrong side if peace is what they want in Iraq.

posted on Mar, 9 2003 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I agree Shady !!

posted on Mar, 9 2003 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I agree with you as well Shady; I was just quoting from the article. Saddam and his regime is a threat to the Middle East and even his own country and he must be taken out of power. This sick idiot is even dressing his soldiers to look like US troops (this is for when we start attacking) and he's going to send them into his own villages to massacre his own people! This is the same person who used bio-chemical weapons on the Kurds, what makes you think he wont use them against Israel? And this is the very man these protesters are defending! Makes me sick!

posted on Mar, 9 2003 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I know mutilator, wasn't trying to criticize you

If we were to end up backing down..and he was to be allowed to keep on getting away with all his shenanigans he would only grow in power in the middle east. Yikes.. Good thing it looks like the US is going to follow through.

posted on Mar, 9 2003 @ 08:52 PM
link   
protests like that only worked in the earlier conflicts beause they were drawn out affairs. This will be over quickly before they have a chance to get any real public opinion on their side.

There is a big protest next weekend but the war may be well underway by then....

posted on Mar, 10 2003 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Aren't our jails full enough?

These idiots, I say give them life

Hmm this is more of a joke, but I'm a stalwart defender of "Support the decision made regardless of your feelings about it" meaning no hippy crap. You can still petition and vote and such, but damn, I'm sick of the bums and the druggy communists who link their arms on my way to a Pinguin soup kitchen. I tell you, they cook the best damn pinguin, in genuine Blue Whale blubber....mmmmhmmm. Scrumptious.

posted on Mar, 10 2003 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Ohhh yeah!

posted on Mar, 11 2003 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Illmatic67, your sign is very interesting.

dom

posted on Mar, 11 2003 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Midnight - You've got to check your facts out. Saddam used *chemical* weapons against the Kurds, and killed 5000 in the worst single attack. No evidence for biological attacks. Also, why would he attack a nuclear state like Israel? He only launched missles last time in a last gasp attempt to turn Arab public opinion behind him, and that would only have happened if Israel retaliated.

And people who are anti-war are not supporting Saddam. They are opposing George Bush.

Provide the evidence that he still has WMD's and you'd get my support. But there is no evidence in the public domain right now, the inspectors are saying that he's being cooperative and we need to let them finish their job. If they say Saddam hasn't disarmed, *then* we can get a UN mandate and remove the regime by force.

Until that point any war is premature, and extremely damaging to international law and order.

You people are nuts if you think that this will improve security for the US!!

posted on Mar, 11 2003 @ 10:32 AM
link   
My main self-conflict of opinion here resides in that I know something has to be done to get Sodamn Insane out of power...But I don't feel that a war on the *country* itself can be justified, simply because of the innocents that wind up killed in *any* war.

I still keep wracking my brain for an alternative to war that would work with less bloodshed all around...

At any rate, the UN inspectors *have* been reporting that Hussein is cooperating with the disarmament...At least to some extent. But they should also be allowed to inspect anyplace they wish at anytime they wish so that Hussein doesn't get the opportunity to play "hide-n-seek" with them as well. In order to do that, the number of inspectors should be increased as well as giving Hussein's people the opportunity to *privately* speak with inspectors so that fear of Hussien's retaliation on them for speaking the truth won't be a factor in the answers that the inspectors get.

new topics

top topics

join