It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

May i ask you all a question?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Great response, my 'online 'friend of wisdom.

This cage of skin is just my vessel for a time in which i utilise physically, until the time i pass, i shall go forth spiritually.

Wow, dont know where that came from....

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by scubagravy

Nice peice of philosophy Scubagravy.

I would have to go with cremation, due to the fact we are poor. $7,000 is just too much to pay. Urn seems like a great place to settle, watch over my family whilst i sit on the mantle peice.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by F.U.B.A.R

Thanks F.U.B.A.R....... (i forget what that stands for)

I liked it too, so i put it in my signature
. So cremation hey, i'll chalk another one up for the burning ring of fire then.......

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 04:03 AM
link   
I've given this some consideration and I honestly don't think I care, probably whatever is cheaper.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   

cremation. out of pure fear that some loony i spent time in the psych ward(don't ask..) with said he would resurrect me should i die.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   

I could tell you, for I know...

Thanks F.U.B.A.R....... (i forget what that stands for)..

BUT, then, of course...I'd have to kill you!

Any last requests???

( BTW...can't say what the 'F' stands for, not on these ATS Boards....
Very, very bad word ...good word sometimes, but verbotten hereabouts...)

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   
The videos vaguely remind me of the movie "Soylent Green".

Maybe the movies had it right.

Take a little Quietus and then become Soylent Green.

Perfect for our chemically dependent Go green, recycle society.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tayesin

It doesn't matter how the body is disposed of, no one will be in their body at the time.

We don't worry about our old car when it dies, so why worry about what happens with your empty body when you vacate it?

Reminds me of what Worf said at his friends funeral. After he performed the Klingon death ritual he was asked what should be done with the body. Worf responded, "It is but an empty shell." " Treat it as such."

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Id go for cremation. Not for any practical reasons though... just because I have a morbid fear of waking up inside a coffin. I suppose waking up whilst being cremated wouldnt be the most pleasant of experiences either, but at least it'd be over within a few seconds.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I personally would choose cremation if I were given these two choices.

I don't want my body rotting in the ground.

But my real answer is none of the above.

As I wish to be "donated to science".

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Bluebelle

Hey Bluebelle, apparently you dont have to worry bout waking up during cremation because the head is removed before hand.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   
I tend to avoid any 'religious' topics because they usually deteriorate into massive arguments and threats of Crucifixion and Jihad but on this occasion, I'll bite.

I'm not technically religious. I've never been baptized, don't go to Church or a Mosque, and don't actively study the Bible or Qur’an. I am however quite spiritual.

I've researched many religions in my time, read various religious texts, and have come to the conclusion that it's probably mostly all hogwash. However, that is not to say that I do not believe. I most definitely believe that there exists a higher power. And over time, I have developed core values. Core spiritual beliefs.

Back to the subject at hand, I believe in cremation. I believe it is the only true way to release your soul, to cleanse yourself of your mortality. Only in this way will you be able to ascend to a higher plain of existence.

I'll end this here, albeit abruptly. I hope I answered your question. =)

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by The Theorist

Thankyou The Theorist for your reply, as you can see, this topic refrained itself from starting war lol. I tend to agree with you about the cleansing part, i too feel more spiritual as time has passed, no religion for me either,

Too many contradictions.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Cremation then scattered in the wind.. Dont need some future archaeologist digging up my remains just so they could write a paper that few people would read.. Would become a vengeful ghost if end up buried..

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   

one or the other is ok. It is absolutely not important what you do with a dead body.

Once the body in which you live dies, you return yourself as an information, a state of pure energy to where you came from.
You can't destroy energy and the consciousness that makes it exist in it's state of being. That is the so called immortality of your soul.
You are all matter and matter is a state of being, a visual aspect it takes and driven by a basic thought that makes it look the way we see it.

Energy is something you can not create, nor destroy. All you can do is transform it in it's way it radiates and thus appears or reacts.

Electricity we use is a transformation of state of energy. We tap an energy source to create another one and so is your body. When the motoring force quits it, the source that makes is appear the way it is, it enters in another way of consciousness and this is at base the state of soil or ash in a case of cremation. Our body is nothing more then a form of energy transformation, food to live.

We humans have the ability on a greater scale, animals and plants on a lower scale to modify the consciousness of matter. We can make out of a tree a plank, out of a plank a bench and order this piece of wood to remain in that state of consciousness until someone else has another idea.

So, do not think about the piece of dead meet that remains once you die.
Best would be to recycle it as food for animals, at least it was not lost for all of this planet. On the end, sh.t becomes soil too, it is another way to reach the same goal, just someone had used the energy we waste when we burn it. If you dig it in the soil, some animals will be happy.

Now make up your choice and, please, don't be selfish, help animals to live as well.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Ok in order of preference:

not dieing

cryogenicly frezzing my head (dont waste money on the whole body)

donated to science

cremated and shot into the sky on one og those small rockets or stored in an old oil lamp like a geni

burial somewhere were im likely to be fossililised

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   
me personally i dont really care either way. in my belief once our bodie is dead our soul moves on to another dimension. so wether im buried or burned makes no difference to me
my two cents X

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Cremation. After watching that video though, I am def set on an open air Hindu/India style cremation. Let my energy go free!

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join