It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Out of Place Artifacts and other things: Update and Review 2010!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by coredrill

Yeah, I agree on those screws. Most ooparts have no provenence. The wilder ooparts only exist in the footnotes of 18th century newspapers.

Sacsayhuaman is fascinating for the way they constructed the wall and blocks. It's not hard to see the thinking behind them. I used to work in the building trade and can see how they tended to work from right to left when laying the blocks. They are dressed to a high quality on the front, but the sides are roughly cut and back-filled with debris/rubble. Really impressive skills for those Peruvian stonemasons. I love them.

Here's a good video that gives a better idea of the scale of the walls...

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   
There is a free e-book about all of those kinds of items (pdf)
You can find it at thecrowhouse.com...

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
All the anti-Christian source "debunking" of OOPARTS one could hope for have already been done here.

Some of their logic (and conclusions) are flawed too but it should save the nay-sayers some time and just source their objections directly.

I think ooparts are cool and I definitely think there have been technically advanced civilizations prior to this one.

S&F for the OP.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Greetings Fellow One spirit's,

Now truth is talking... this is the good fruits that make a tasty wine for the Tabernacle feast('
')

The real trick and a treat is not to fall asleep for then it will come like a thief in the night, and no your alarm system will not keep you safe from this thief of memory.

Not to get of subject matter... this is all about timing and the time is just not right yet,
other wise out of this world B(L)azar technology like element 115 and 118 would be able to fix the oil leak... right?('
')

Top secret Galactic Jesus quote, "The (Father's) kingdom is like a person who had a treasure hidden in his field but did not know it. And [when] he died he left it to his [son]. The son [did] not know about it either. He took over the field and sold it. The buyer went plowing, [discovered] the treasure, and began to lend money at interest to whomever he wished."

Disclosure Project... coming very soon to a Blue-Beam theater near you;
This is all for conspiracy entertainment purposes only and not to be taken as fact from from a Real-Stinker who probably has a hyper active imagination and lives in a basement unemployed with a big wiser-belly, so please consult with your Religious leader before taking any of this Seriously and use your own discretion in faith and judgment of the words... but who knows?

Mr X('
')

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Jesus Christ those are some big stones. They're even bigger than my stones!

Just kidding. Lame, I know.

Seriously though, that is amazing. I am under the impression that the human history that we know of is predated by the lost civilization(s) of our ancestors.

If you look at the accepted age of human beings (approximately 250,000 years), there is a HUGE period of blank, timeless nothingness. Human history as we know it doesn't begin until the disappearance of Neanderthals, which is only about 10% of our existence. Over 90% of our existence as the species of Homo sapien is "prehistoric". I think it may actually be a previous advanced (beyond ours) civilization that was destroyed.

[edit on 6/11/2010 by OrphenFire]

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I think this is relevant to these ancient mysteries. I was watching a show on the History Channel I believe and it was a guy called the Naked Archeologist. I recorded it with the Tivo thing because of what was being said on the film. In Israel there has always been faked goods, but many of the relics from the past are collected by Palestinians and other poor people as a way of making a living. But for years, since we have been able to test artifacts, many possible big breakthroughs in Archeology have been suppressed by government officials and intellectuals alike. The reason being? They feel that it is absurd that someone who has no college or government training would ever be able to find any sort of artifact or determine authenticity. Especially when a team goes into a site, finds nothing and then some local a few months later stumbles across a great find.

But many archeologist's know the real reason these people never come up with any good finds. It's because colleges spend two weeks a year, with 12 college kids and no training. Really the professor is using the site as an apprenticeship. Indigenous people on the other hand will know the surrounding area, along with knowing what to look for and what to avoid. It's like when a anthropologist goes to some part of the world, speaks to a tribe and they tell him/her of an animal or find that intellectuals believe to be extinct or myth. Which in turn is reported as the people having superstitions or wild fantasies of old animals. Just to find the said animal or city later on, but without the help of individuals outside of their intellectual community or organizations.

But collecting artifacts is a big business and very political, especially if say Palestinians are coming up with better finds than the U.S. and Israel combined. The political pressure has been so great that it has been shown that artifacts from the past have been falsely accused as fake or even suppressed because the find is not worthy to be mentioned because of a non intellectual finding it. There was an interview with a professor at a university in Israel, where he thought it was absolutely absurd for some no name goat herder finding something of extreme importance. But as we have seen with the Dead Sea Scrolls, this is not the case. The show was referring to a tomb that was found with etching in the side that said Jesus brother of Joseph. When doing the test's it only failed one test but the multiple other test's were, confirmed as being of the correct age and style
from the period.

Now the man who is trying to show the world what he has come across has been labeled a fraud and facing court. Many people are on his side going against the government. Not because of the find, and whether they believe it is accurate of not, but because of the crooked back room politics, bullying and profiteering that is so often associated with the world of relics from the past. This is not just in Israel, it is a worldwide activity that takes place on a grand scale. In the end, it comes down to money and funding. If the intellectuals aren't finding the good stuff, then they are out of a job.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   
In this section we take a look at some of the still available evidence that men of giant stature—even larger and more robust than “Neanderthal” man existed in the past. It’s not an area that evolutionists really deal with at all. In fact, science barely acknowledges that these giant footprints in rock or very large human bones even exist. It (very large, modern man) certainly does not fit in with evolutionary theory.

Christians generally believe that there were apes and there were men in the past. Evolutionists are not willing to accept that there existed in the past giant versions of modern man because there is no evolutionary explanation for their existence, just as there is no real attempt to explain giant versions of modern day animals.

s8int.com...

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   
SUDDEN APPEARANCE:

is easily explainable. imagine playing a game like simcity, or civilization. you find a nice patch of land that you like, near food and water, and you build up. Over time, a small community can turn into a major city, all in the same spot. There was a time when new york city was tribal lands, but if you were to walk around the city today you would be hard pressed to find any evidence of previous cultures, but you can still see evidence in some places because of the modern societies historical preservation efforts. It very well could be that societies during the early times had no desire to mark and protect areas of historical significance.

EVERY major city on the planet was at one point in the past, just a couple of people in tents settling in on a nice quiet strip of land. its not that there are no starter towns, but after 23453 generations of people, they have recycled reduced and reused the lands, building over someone else's past.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
well... if there is really no such time as the "now" or time is cylical..... then these could be things from the future or from ANY time in a sense....

The other day, I went to my new place and unpacked a box before I left.... on the walk from my house to my grandmas, my son, my room mate and I saw on the sidewalk, and side of the road, one by one EVERY item from the box we waited to unpack before we left.... NO KIDDING, as if the box had fallen out of the back of the truck instead of us unpacking it..... BUT all of these items also looked completely aged and worn out.... like worn out "doubles" of everything that was in that box we just unpacked..... except a certain hair clippy thing didn't look worn out....

it also reminded me of this story.... about two tea pots.....
ofscarabs.blogspot.com...

Good timing on your thread!

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by drsmooth23

Well you definatly nailed it completely on the sudden appearence theory.... that one seems pretty obvious.... but there are other things like the bell that make me wonder...

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   

I think what they are referring to is the technology that was also a part of these sudden build ups and disappearances of cultures. The idea that there were older cultures, some from 1000 B.C. and earlier making metals, having dwellings that incorporate some forms of chemistry to make concrete for example is what is throwing them off a bit. With the history and age of the Earth being what it is and the age of archeology as a science, not to mention the constant changing in what we know of history goes to show, we don't know much at all. I do agree with you in some cases, but not all. If our world as we know it were to cease today, the remnants of our society and structures would be lost in a couple of hundred years. If society and science was degraded and lost for thousands of years and then when we do come to a level of society that is similar to today, huge structures or say old matchbox cars or planes, may be considered to be some sort of religious artifact. Not to mention most of the coastal cities would erode, plants would take over cities and after years on growth and death soon there would be no traces left at all.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by UFORacer56

Volcanic ash is a very prominent component of the concrete and asphalt mixture used to build many roman structures.

The houses and dwelling evolve as new technology emerges. how many of us have gone out and bought new cell phones or whatever when better and cooler ones become available? I mean, just think about the advancement of technology in the past 200 years. flash forward two hundred years and I bet the stuff were doing today will seem like we "were" in the middle ages.

-----------------------------

Ive been wondering about the validity of carbon dating for most of my life, but I have no real reason to because I know very little about it.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

I'mma calling BS on some of this stuff

First of all.

Here's 2 million pounds. K, thanks.

So please, do not say 2.4 million is impossible. Because we have done more. For quite some time too.

Second, the pyramids are known how to have been built. They did xrays and found internal structures. It's easy to build.

So please put to end these myths. It's tiresome.

Coming up next, I don't know how else you can date these things, which are none living, other than through Carbon and phosphorus. Some others too. But that's for living things. Rock is harder. And you can bury stuff there. SO I fail to see why these things could not be just dug in.

Besides that, language is interesting. It always is. And it is a known fact that various lost-at-sea voyages from Rome, Greece, and Egypt, found their ways to America.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Good Point. Imagine if a group invents Mobile Phone technology or TV in the middle ages...they would be surely burnt at the stake as witches!!

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by anon72

SUDDEN APPEARANCE:

While a favorite claim in these sort of sources, it is quite far from the truth. We have long documentation of pre-urban civilizations that rose to urban civilizations. The trouble is, most of the "intermediate" periods were deconstructed or built over or - in the case of many near eastern settlements, simply melted over thousands of years of rain (mud bricks, and all that). If you dug deep enough under modern Cairo, I'm sure you'd find gradual steps of civilization all the way to hunter-gatherer river dwellers. it's just that one of the world's biggest cities is on top of all the evidence.

The Baalbek Monolithic Stones

Another favorite claim is the "THIS CANNOT BE DONE BY MODERN SCIENCE!" often backed by the claim that "A crane cannot lift this rock!" - maybe not, but we've got lots of machinery besides cranes. Give people enough money as incentive, and they WILL figure out a way to do darn near any task you can think of. Would shoving these rocks around have been easy? No. Impossible, though? of course not. This whole argument is basically predicated on our ancestors being infantile idiots who were inherently less intelligent than us. Seeing as how they're the ones who laid the foundations for all the things that make us feel so smart today, i'm willing to give them a little more credit.

Ancient Precision Stone Cutting

Obsidian has no crystalline structure. It is very easy to shape with a great deal of precision because of this, and takes a high polish. While the material is fragile, you'll notice that it is round on all sides, and thus able to withstand a good deal of pressure (Sort of like how light bulbs manage to be so sturdy, despite being even thinner and made of an even more fragile material)

"And why did they need earplugs anyway?"

Not that kind of earplug. It's a sort of ear piercing: static1.px.yelpcdn.com...

On edit: I'm actually convinced that the spool-shaped plugs pictured in the source are, in fact, modern. The Aztecs seem to have primarily made their plugs solid, from jade, coral, or gold. The picture in question is to be found only on "unexplained mysteries" sites; and the design itself is extremely Spartan and functional. The Aztec liked having pretty things to jam in the gaping holes they put into their bodies.

The kind of precision stone cutting and even stone transportation associated with the Egyptian pyramids cannot be explained by the use of the primitive technology available to the Egyptians. In fact, the technology of the older pyramids is probably beyond the Egyptians ability. The thing is, this "stone technology" problem turns up all over the world.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/49cf170017d2.jpg[/atsimg]

The picture is from Sacsayhuaman, Peru, probably an ancient stone fortress in excess of 2000 years old. Some of these stones are 10 feet high or more. Notice their irregular forms. They have been fitted together in an extremely precise manner which we would be hard pressed to duplicate with modern technology; much less the primitive technology supposedly available.

"Primitive technology", "Primitive technology", "primitive technology" - never do go into much detail about this "primitive technology" do they? And the constant reinforcement that "we would have trouble doing this today!" I suppose that makes our technology pretty primitive, too, if we can't figure out how to shape stones to fit together neatly.

Fact is, the Egyptians had stoneworking techniques that were quite advanced for their time; they would have to, they were working in stone when most of their neighbors were working in mud. As a civilization they existed for well over a thousand years; plenty of time to perfect the techniques. We already know they were pioneers of the modern fields of mathematics and geometry, both very crucial to the sort of building they did. And finally... the pyramids aren't really all that precise. They're big, but for the most part they're just piles of rock with some nice facing.

Same story on the Inka walls - the front looks nice but there's mostly garbage in the back. Also like the Egyptians, the Inka had lots of practice in stone work... they had to. The Inka emperors (and their predecessors in previous Andean empires) used these sort of projects as a form of social control; They would have the peasants painstakingly build and construct these walls and roads and monuments... and then take them apart to build new ones somewhere else. And if you screwed up, you got killed. All with the intention of keeping people too exhausted and dependent to rebel. It was apparently a fantastic environment for the rapid development of stonemasonry skills.

500,000 Year Old Spark Plugs?

Concretions cannot be accurately dated; they are literally a hodgepodge of ages. You might have a seven billion year old lump of basalt next to a two year old bit of wood wrapped up in sand and clay that date to fifty thousand years ago, wrapped around, say, a spark plug from the early 20th century.

"20,000 to 100,000" Year Old Metal "Screws"

Depths from 3 to 40 feet? That's a HUGE range, and unfortunately doesn't tell us much. However, looking at those pictures, know what they look like to me? Ringmail. This is how they used to make the stuff, by making a wire, then spooling it, and clipping the loops.

ANOMALIES IN COAL AND ROCK

These sort of discoveries never seem to happen in front of multiple witnesses, except the finders' good friends. Have you noticed that? The finder is always either alone or with his best mates when he finds this thing. nd usually the first thing that happens is not that he calls some people to try to find an expert and go "I just found a freaking bell in my coal!" - no, he chucks the coal into his furnace and then carries the bell to the bar to try to use the story for a drink on the house.

One imagines that with the frequency of these stories, people at the start of the industrial revolution were constantly shoveling bells, bullets, doorknobs, pterodactyls, guns, shoes, and iPhones out of their furnaces.

The Red Bird Petroglyph of Kentucky; Evidence of Ancient Cultures in the Americas

First off, gotta love the "evidence of ancient cultures in the Americas" bit - because us Indians were neither cultures nor ancient, apparently. I digress.

Looking at the claimed petroglyphs... Ogham? Hebrew? really? Neither of those are anything of the sort. and a circle on a rock is conclusive evidence of a "sun disk, symbol of RA!"? Maybe it's just a circle.

You get a lot of this in the wacky hinterlands of America. Nobody wants to think that a bunch of bored Indians might have just been scraping pictures on a rock, and the notion that maybe white settlers did it for fun (or in the case of Mormon defacements, to "prove" that their religion is true) absolutely is never considered.

Nah, it has to be the Egyptians in Kentucky (how'd they get there, since we've been told they were so stupid they couldn't even stack rocks with their "primitive technology" anyway?)

[edit on 11-6-2010 by TheWalkingFox]

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

Dude!! You are my brother!!
Your AV/DP text - "i chose science and Logic...still i believe in God" - great!!

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

So please, do not say 2.4 million is impossible. Because we have done more. For quite some time too.

Umm, what? Where was that said. Matter of fact, I think that is one of the things that would/should be considered an update. Maybe you didn't read the whole thread or missed this;

There is no way that this stone can be explained by the science and history they teach us in school. No technology existing today could move this stone much less transport it from where it was quarried, nor lift it upon its 23 foot foundation.**

(Actually, it appears moving such a monolith is on the edge but within current technology--Benjamin K., a Christian engineer informs us that Mammoet, and another company; Lampson Cranes-- & perhaps a few others have machines that could do the job.)

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by OrphenFire
If you look at the accepted age of human beings (approximately 250,000 years), there is a HUGE period of blank, timeless nothingness. Human history as we know it doesn't begin until the disappearance of Neanderthals, which is only about 10% of our existence. Over 90% of our existence as the species of Homo sapien is "prehistoric". I think it may actually be a previous advanced (beyond ours) civilization that was destroyed.

[edit on 6/11/2010 by OrphenFire]

And over 90% of out existence was spent in the continent of Africa.

But the people questing for OOPARTS, lost civilizations and such, only ever look in Europe and the near East. You know white people and Bible-Land.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

well done with bringing this to the front of peoples minds
i have often thought that the evidence is vast and has been known for a long time but main stream seams to dismiss the evidence without reason
there seams to be a real conspiracy in play as any people know they will lose finding if they report this to the people

bought and paid for science is easy to minipulatate

S+F nice info thanks

XPLOdER

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   
so how do they move those huge rocks, when humans supposedly didn't have much technology? can you help me please? and can you tell me how the inside shafts and chambers of the pyramids where made with that precision? do you know the precision with what the Pyramids were build??
please...use your common sense...there's something very strange in all of these ancient buildings...
What it is? i don't have a clue...maybe someday we will find out

[edit on 11-6-2010 by InSoul]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join