It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Super Suck Solution - Why Did BP Reject It?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   
The Super Suck Solution

There's a potential solution to the Gulf oil spill that neither BP, nor the federal government, nor anyone — save a couple intuitive engineers — seems willing to try. As The Politics Blog reported on Tuesday in an interview with former Shell Oil president John Hofmeister, the untapped solution involves using empty supertankers to suck the spill off the surface, treat and discharge the contaminated water, and either salvage or destroy the slick.

It's infuriating that a viable solution was offered to BP in the beginning of this crisis and rejected in favor of pouring thousands of gallons of toxic chemicals into our oceans. We not only could have saved the Gulf, we could have saved the oil!

This is insanity!

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   

the untapped solution involves using empty supertankers to suck the spill off the surface, treat and discharge the contaminated water,

That is against EPA rules. you can not discharge even .001 % of the oil back into the ocean even if it means you are getting 99.998 % of the oil out into a tanker.

and if its AGAINST EPA rules to bad the oil is washing up on the beaches but rules are rules and you can not break government rules.
:fl ame:
:flame :
: barf:

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Why did they?

Good question.
Almost like they're being setup to ruin an economy...
Almost like there's a plan for this leak.

I am willing to bet there is more to all this than meets the eye.

Bad thing of it is, we haven't even begun to see a fraction of the after-effects.
I smell something fishy.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Hello Benevolent Heretic!

I agree they should have tried this in the early stages of this mess. They have turned down Cameron's idea and Costner's. I don't understand why the delay's either and it only fuels the suspicion of something to be gained from letting this get as bad as it has. You would think cooperation would be at the forefront of the efforts, but I guess not.

I found this last night and posted it and it looks like the notion is getting some new attention and support thanks to Jindal and A. Cooper.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

ac360.blogs.cnn.com...

Peace

[edit on 10-6-2010 by speculativeoptimist]

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Looking at Skandi ROV 2 just now it looks as though a giant hoover has been placed over the cap. The escaping oil is being funneled up into a large circular pipe.

The same equipment is not visible on any other feed

[edit on 10-6-2010 by bigyin]

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ANNED

They wouldn't have to put the contaminated water back into the ocean. Even if they did, the ocean would be a LOT cleaner than it is now.

I'm not sure if your flames are directed at me or something else... Not too clear.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigyin
Looking at Skandi ROV 2 just now it looks as though a giant hoover has been placed over the cap. The escaping oil is being funneled up into a large circular pipe.

The same equipment is not visible on any other feed

[edit on 10-6-2010 by bigyin]

Here are all bp feeds at once

evil BP multifeeds

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by jeffrybinladen

Thanks for link, but I already have a similar one.

Just looking at it now it is still the same.

Look at Skandi ROV 2 and see the large red circular pipe hanging over the cap on top of the BOP.

Now look at Skandi ROV 1 and Enreprise ROV 2 and its supposed to be the same BOP and cap but there is no circular ring above it.

have we got 2 failed BOP's
or what ?

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

I am convinced I know why.

They are not concerned with such efforts because they know them to be exercises in futility.

We are not being told about the full nature of this crisis. They are not concerned with cleanup, because they haven't put out the 'fire' yet. The problem must be so big, little else must matter.

It would be like worrying about the white paint on your fence while the house was still burning...

Under these circumstances, the secrecy and lies from BP are completely understandable. The government's complicity, however, proves the point.

Be afraid. I fear we are experiencing the greatest event to have ever happened in our lives.

Hope that I am wrong! I'll be wishing the same.

[edit on 10-6-2010 by loam]

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by loam
Under these circumstances, the secrecy and lies from BP are completely understandable. The government's complicity, however, proves the point.

Be afraid. I fear we are experiencing the greatest event to have ever happened in our lives.

I'm undecided on whether the government is complicit or just terribly impotent and incompetent. Or a little of each, but I am afraid. And I do not discount your last sentence. I hope you're wrong, too, but I have a sick void in my heart and stomach that tells me you're right.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Agreed.

Me too.

We are all in this together. Let's hope for the best.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
My husband just told me that he heard on the news that this spill is equal to the Exxon Valdez every 8 days. And if that's being reported on the news (MSNBC, I think), you can be sure that the number is still conservative.

:shk:

new topics

top topics

join