It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's Older Than the Pyramids and Smells Worse Than a Mummy?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Archaeologists have discovered the world's oldest shoe - around 5,500 year old from an excavation site at Armenia.

What were the fashion-conscious cave-dweller wearing 5,500 years ago? Archaeologists may just have found out. A perfectly preserved shoe, 1,000 years older than Egypt's Great Pyramid and 400 years older than Stonehenge, has been found -- buried in sheep dung in a cave in Armenia. The 5,500 year-old shoe was discovered by a team of archaeologists in a cave in the Vayotz Dzor province of Armenia, on the Iranian and Turkish borders. The shoe is the oldest piece of leather footwear in the world, a fact that came as a shock to the discoverers.
Source - Foxnews.com

The discovery has been published in the online scientific journal PLoS ONE.

[edit on 9/6/10 by coredrill]

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Helen Thomas???
Ok sorry... that is a pretty interesting find there and I like your title very provocative.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye
Helen Thomas???
Ok sorry... that is a pretty interesting find there and I like your title very provocative.

(Shakes fist at hawkiye) Beat me to it by 7 minutes. Curse you!

Yep, I saw that title and said "Helen Thomas, of course!" and flew into action, only to find you'd cruelly snatched my opportunity away.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
thread title -
Back in style: An ancient shoe from 3500 BC looks like moccasins worn in the 1950s
OP-
zombiejesus posted on 9-6-2010 @ 04:31 PM

edit to add:even though i like your title better.

[edit on 9-6-2010 by Mike Stivic]

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Sorry, i didn't see the other post. If the moderators could please, close or delete this thread or the other thread, as they would feel suitable.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
classy !

star for the witty title, and another star for your classy reply.
and to give you the benifit of the doubt looking at the time stamps you probably started putting yours together right as he was hitting enter. so you probably wouldnt have seen it if u did search first.

~meathead

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
this is what the england team will be wearing in the world cup.
theyre the new umbro football boots

top topics

join