It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A German's View on Islam; An email I received today

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Forgive me, I got this as an email today and don't know where to post it...Open to any input...Thanks.

Subject: German View of Islam

"This is by far the best explanation of the Muslim terrorist situation I have ever read.

His references to past history are accurate and clear.

Not long, easy to understand, and well worth the read.

The author of this email is said to be Dr. Emanuel Tanay, a well-known and well-respected psychiatrist.

A German's View on Islam

A man, whose family was German aristocracy prior to World War II, owned a number of large industries and estates. When asked how many German people were true Nazis, the answer he gave can guide our attitude toward fanaticism.

'Very few people were true Nazis,' he said, 'but many enjoyed the return of German pride, and many more were too busy to care.

I was one of those who just thought the Nazis were a bunch of fools. So, the majority just sat back and let it all happen. Then, before we knew it, they owned us, and we had lost control, and the end of the world had come. My family lost everything. I ended up in a concentration camp and the Allies destroyed my factories.'

We are told again and again by 'experts' and 'talking heads' that Islam is the religion of peace and that the vast majority of Muslims just want to live in peace. Although this unqualified assertion may be true, it is entirely irrelevant. It is meaningless fluff, meant to make us feel better, and meant to somehow diminish the spectre of fanatics rampaging across the globe in the name of Islam.

The fact is that the fanatics rule Islam at this moment in history. It is the fanatics who march. It is the fanatics who wage any one of 50 shooting wars worldwide. It is the fanatics who systematically slaughter Christian or tribal groups throughout Africa and are gradually taking over the entire continent in an Islamic wave. It is the fanatics who bomb, behead, murder, or honour-kill. It is the fanatics who take over mosque after mosque. It is the fanatics who zealously spread the stoning and hanging of rape victims and homosexuals. It is the fanatics who teach their young to kill and to become suicide bombers.

The hard, quantifiable fact is that the peaceful majority, the 'silent majority,' is cowed and extraneous.

Communist Russia was comprised of Russians who just wanted to live in peace, yet the Russian Communists were responsible for the murder of about 40 million people. The peaceful majority were irrelevant. China's huge population was peaceful as well, but Chinese Communists managed to kill a staggering 70 million people.

The average Japanese individual prior to World War II was not a warmongering sadist. Yet, Japan murdered and slaughtered its way across South East Asia in an orgy of killing that included the systematic murder of 12 million Chinese civilians; most killed by sword, shovel, and bayonet.

And who can forget Rwanda, which collapsed into butchery. Could it not be said that the majority of Rwandans were 'peace loving'?

History lessons are often incredibly simple and blunt, yet for all our powers of reason, we often miss the most basic and uncomplicated of points:

* Peace-loving Muslims have been made irrelevant by their silence.
* Peace-loving Muslims will become our enemy if they don't speak up, because like my friend from Germany, they will awaken one day and find that the fanatics own them, and the end of their world will have begun.
* Peace-loving Germans, Japanese, Chinese, Russians, Rwandans, Serbs, Afghans, Iraqis, Palestinians, Somalis, Nigerians, Algerians, and many others have died because the peaceful majority did not speak up until it was too late. As for us who watch it all unfold, we must pay attention to the only group that counts--the fanatics who threaten our way of life.

Lastly, anyone who doubts that the issue is serious and just deletes this email without sending it on, is contributing to the passiveness that allows the problems to expand. So, extend yourself a bit and send this on and on and on! Let us hope that thousands, world-wide, read this and think about it, and send it on - before it's too late."

Author unknown

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   

"'The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" - Edmund Burke

unfortunately very true.

I am of firm belief that islam will never be able to truly integrate into western society. The beliefs are so far behind what we currently have that they are not compatible. Nor will be for maybe another several hundred years.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
S+F

I can honestly say I did not really think of it in that manner. So is he advocating for our wars in the ME and the defense of Israel? Or is he advocating keeping them out of the west and keeping the west out of the ME?

I think we need to just leave the ME alone, but this will never happen for two reasons. 1) Our obsession with oil, 2) Our obsession with global dominance. The ME has always been a place where countries believed that if they control they will control 3 continents. The Soviet Union believed that and I'm sure the US believes that now.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by loveguy

Most email programs have a handy button for reporting spam.
It can be a useful feature if one ever gets tired of receiving these inflammatory emails.

Just a suggestion

As for the content it's just more of the same islamophobe nonsense.

It is based on the faulty premise that all Muslims are centrally governed, which is obviously not the case. Hell, Muslims even battle among themselves sometimes as is seen currently in Iraq.

The point of this email could really be made for most ideologies and religions.
Replace the word "Islam" with "Christianity" and you're basically good to go.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by MrVertigo

There are fanatics of in all religions, but the fanatics in Islam are more extreme and have far greater numbers and influence.

Honor killings are virtually unheard of outside Muslim countries.

Religious minorities are given equal protection under the law in all Christian countries. They do not have to pay special taxes and are free to build houses of worship. Muslims and other non-Christians are free to travel anywhere, including the Vatican. Muslims may also proselytize.

In Islamic countries, Christians and other non-Muslims are not given full legal rights. Non-Muslims cannot set foot in the cities of Mecca or Medina. Christians and others are subject to Dhimi laws. It is illegal for Christians to proselytize.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by hotpinkurinalmint

But does this mean that all Muslims are our enemies?

Because that is basically what the chain mail in the OP is saying.

Sure there are many fanatics and countries that are less advanced, but George W. Bush was a Christian fanatic in the eyes of many.

Does this mean that we attribute the crimes of his administration to Christianity?

Does this mean that Christians are our enemies too?

Obviously not.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
There is no fun in fundamentalist - NOFX

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by MrVertigo

I don't think he is saying that all Muslims are our enemies.

Just as not all Germans were Nazis, not all Muslims are fanatical Muslims. Yet, the German people as a whole have some culpability for allowing fanatic Nazis to take power and ruin the world. The ordinary Germans needed to stand up against the Nazis before they got to big.

Similarly, the ordinary Muslims may not doing enough to stand up to their fanatic cousins. They should be denouncing terrorism in all its forms, not saying "but Israel....." every time a fanatic Muslim does a bad thing. They need to do more to resist fascist leaders like the Ayatollahs and the Talliban.

The Christian world has stood up to George W. Bush. George Bush is no longer president of the United States. While George W. Bush was president, he received plenty of resistance from European nations. For example many European nations like France and Germany refused to support the second Iraq war. Europeans protested George W. Bush in the streets. Over 45% of Americans voted against George W. Bush in 2004 and they took his party's control of Congress away in 2006.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by hotpinkurinalmint

He's basically saying that Islam is the enemy, which is pretty close

And Muslim nations condemn terror attacks all the time. The question you should be asking is why it doesn't get more attention on Fox News.

Oh, and we sure showed George Bush didn't we.

We let him steal two elections and serve for the maximum number of terms.

We let him erode the constitution and civil rights.

We let him start secret torture facilities all over the world, which are STILL operational.

We let him start two wars which are still ongoing.

And we let him get away with it all.

Yeah we sure showed him allright

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   
You do realise that he is not german, right?

So, you do realise that as a Jew (better: Khazar) he has an agenda to write like this.

Why doesn't he analyze the Israel issue, or is it that all israelis are OK?

So, change the Thread's Title to "A Jew's view on islam".

[edit on 6/10/2010 by skajkingdom]

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Islam is the tool of Satan. If you study the Koran, it is abundantly clear that any muslim should be prepared to turn his back on a Jew or Christian else they are betraying Islam.
Christianity on the other hand commands its followers to love their neighbour and enemies.

So saying you can replace islam with Christianity is evidently stupid. To name George W Bush as a Christian is akin to me naming Osama Bin Laden as a muslim - kinda irrelevant. It's the fundamental ideology which are at odds.
Of course there are loving muslims, but whilst they sit and do nothing whilst terrorist attacks are carried out in their name, the author of the email is exactly right.

top topics

join