It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man busted by traffic camera gets unique revenge on police department

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+57 more 
posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   

It goes without saying, but we're gonna go ahead and say it anyway: Nobody likes getting a speeding ticket. And that's especially true when said ticket isn't issued by a human officer, but from a machine set up to catch unwary motorists off guard. If only there was some way to get back that lost sense of justice... One man from Bluff City, Tennessee came up with a rather inventive way of sticking it back to The Man. It seems that the officer in charge of the Bluff City Police Department's website had gone on sick leave, and nobody noticed when the time came to renew the PD's URL. Whoops. Computer network designer Brian McCrary, who received a $90 ticket from a speed camera earlier in the year, saw a unique opportunity and seized it, picking up the domain rights from Go Daddy. Want to know what the Bluff City Police Department's old website looks like now? Of course you do.

Source article

New PD Website

I thought this was hysterical. I've been popped a few times by these damn cameras and always wished for some type of revenge. Thought I would share the article and ask your experiences with speeding/red light cameras.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   
i read through his um web site lololol
anyway it says at the bottom theres no way for the police or any one else for all that matters to enforce a traffic ticket that is from a camera.
Lol revenge is best served to the boys in blue lolol.
it doesnt get sweeter tehn that

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   
That is hysterical! What a great way to protest their BS, and they still pay for the advertising of it...

Great post it's good to get a little comedy with all the negative stuff happening at the moment.

Namaste

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   
S&F

So much for robo-camera cop.
It serves them right!

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Now that is true 21st century guerrilla warfare that does damage to TPTB.... I think we all could learn some tactical lessons from this.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   
This guy is my new hero!

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   
We will need a follow up on this to make sure the cops don't come at him with some bogus charges.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Coolaid
We will need a follow up on this to make sure the cops don't come at him with some bogus charges.

I am not sure what they can charge him with. He legally obtained the rights to a web URL and then legally used his freedom of speech and press to post information about a service that is clearly in the public domain.

They might be able to challenge his use of the name "bluffcitypd", but he could easily clarify that with a banner that read something like Bluff City Patrons Defense", then note the disclaimer at the bottom and...wha-la, no more challenge.

As for taking advantage of a perfectly timed incident, I salute the guy.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Coolaid

I wouldn't worry too much. Looks like everything is legit and done by the books. Freaking hate those traffic cameras so much.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Those things are so ridiculous and cause more accidents than they prevent, it's just a revenue stream for the pigs because they can't manage their god damn budgets!

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Hulk Hogan

Well I agree that they are there to increase revenue, but I doubt they actually cause accidents. In what way do you think they cause wrecks? I suppose if someone is trying to rush through the light to avoid a ticket they could wind up rear-ending someone.

Also, would appreciate it if people would stop referring to police as 'pigs'. There are police officers on the board, there are many good cops out there, and I am trying to get in to law enforcement.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Love it!

Man of the year award.

Not a damn thing the PD can do. I bet he has a permanent smile.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I think it's a Great way to protest. We all should do this for all out local city related websites. Really take over the Gov in a way.

If 1000 people did this, it would be big news and send a strong message that citizens will not stand for government corruption.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

I can just picture it now. Would probably be rather expensive, but it sure would be funny.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Shotguns work better.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Raustin

The city where I live is removing them. No one was paying, so they were losing money. lol

And yes, T-Bone accidents decrease, but rear end accidents increase dramatically do to people slamming on their brakes.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

Good point. I have had people in front of me slam on the brakes the split second the light turns yellow. I wonder if there have been any studies done on this. Time to google.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Raustin

I haven't laughed that hard in a while, finally an uplifting thread on ATS. A great find.

Second line, because we all know that second lines are awesome.

[edit on 9-6-2010 by ImaginaryReality1984]

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Now that was some quick dcicive thinking! kudos to the man form tennessee!!! yeah he should get the man of the year award!

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 02:55 AM
link   
effing right

this is a great use of American ingenuity

right on

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join