It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fans happen.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   
One day Charlie the spider was looking for a new home. Just a nice piece of real estate to build a web, maybe impress a lady spider or two and raise a family if the right misses came along. In his search he came across a prime piece of land, High in a corner of a shed with all kinds of sumptuous critters flying by. Having found the perfect spot he settled in and built his home.

Life was good. He was on the web, had plenty of food in the cupboard and spent his days getting in shape in case the lady spiders tried to eat him. Seems men can learn a lot from spiders.

The one problem he didn’t even know he had was he had built his little piece of paradise directly in front of a fan. One day the owner of the shed needed to do some work, as he entered he hit the switches for power and Charlie’s happy world came to an end.

As the wind picked up more and more speed Charlie hung on with all his might. His home pushed out then sprang back, then pushed out more, even further. He tried desperately to anchor it better but each new attempt brought only despair as the very moorings began to give way. Finally the poor creature was flung free, across the room and out the window into the wilderness. The last thing he saw as he left the room was the tattered remains of his happy home being destroyed.

I think, at some point in all of our lives, we each face a moment like this. The winds come, we lose our possessions and home and sometimes even family. We find ourselves flung from the comforts we have taken for granted and cast into the wilderness, if not literally then at least spiritually. We wonder why a loving God would allow this to happen to us, why the heavens didn’t intervene on our behalf. We didn’t deserve this, at all. The very heavens had conspired against us.

There was no conspiracy though. The heavens didn’t save us because they didn’t put us in jeopardy in the first place.

Fans happen.

Keep that in mind the next time you think that God has deserted you or the heavens have conspired against you. They haven’t. You just paused for a little too long in front of a fan and someone came a long and threw the juice to it.

As for our friend Charlie, He didn’t mope about the situation for too long, he was just a bit of an optimist. He brushed himself off and looked around for an even better place to build a new and grander home. As he surveyed his surroundings on the calm afternoon he spied the perfect place. High up a building he saw four pieces of wood, perfectly spaced. A new home between two of them would give him a view of the entire farm and make him a hit with all the ladies, His own penthouse.

As he took off to begin his new home he tried to remember just what that building was called, Then he remembered, a windmill.

Sometimes windmills happen too.

wupy

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I came here from your facebook link..read it and was awestruck Wupy...
I Love it.
Totally gives a new perspective.
And I can understand that "fans happen"...but..
Why does the (*) always have to hit it first?

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Perhaps the (*) hits it first to fertilize the new ground you'll be landing on. Just a thought

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrwupy
Perhaps the (*) hits it first to fertilize the new ground you'll be landing on. Just a thought

Trade that for a dose of *Miracle Grow

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Let me share a story with you OP.

I have anxiety. Ok. One day I had a severe panic attack. I couldn't eat for a week, I was down to 131 pounds 6 foot 3. I lost my job couldn't work, I went to the emergency room thought I was allergic to something.

Bad right?

Well gues what. One day it got so bad I was shaking on the ground in fear. It was like a possesion, uncontrolable.

So I said to myself, the only way out is the strength of communion. I knew communion was true due to reading about the miracles and scripture. I just never went.

So I vowed to go.

A day later the fear went away, the uncontrolable shaking on the ground, and I ate for the first time in a week.

This is not a joke. I had to live on sipping soda. The fear was blocking my ability to hunger.

At that moment I realised we can't do (anytthing ) without his grace. He sustains our ability to eat and drink and breath.

So i ate a bowl of cereal. Do you even have a clue how much I appretiated that bowl of cerial? Fruity pebbles.

Normally I would just eat and eat, complaining that the box is almost gone.

I appretiated food ever since and still do to this day like never before.

And I got a new job with great hours.

So what souls don't see God does. He's always working behind the sceens and I love your story about the spider.

peace.

[edit on 8-6-2010 by JesusisTruth]

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Glad you liked the story. For a minute there I thought you were going to hit me with your Bible

new topics

top topics

join