It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

aliens vs God.........

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2003 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Because God has always been there...........

The Bible tells us in genesis .....
In the beggining in Hebrew is bere# and means ""first of all""or ""at the beggining of time"",that is,before the beggining there was only eternity.

Created here is expressed by the Hebrew word "bara,which means ""created out of nothing".
It is distinguished from the Hebrew word assa,which means "to make,to form,to shapeout of matter"".
The word bara(created out of nothing is used three times in the account of creation of the world:1)in the begginig-the first act of creation,2)at the creation of "living souls"-the first animals,and 3)at the creation of man.

God revealed to us concerning Himself that He is a bodiless and invisible spirit(John4:24)
For God is light ,and in Him is no darkness at all (1John:5), and He dwells in unapproachable light(1Timm.6:16)

God is eternal
(Psa.89:3,Ex.40:28)

posted on Mar, 12 2003 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quetz.
How do you know that "God" didn't come out of nowhere. Or even better, what did "god" come from or what created "god". There has to be a beginning of everything. You can't just say "OH, "God" was just in a void and always existed in nothingness. This is hard to believe.

Good point. I'll tell you who God is. He is in fact an alien himself, who was able to fool early man with a bit of technology.
If someone today went back 2000 years with some modern technology, the people would think you have been sent by god.

wannabe, where is the proof of god ? Asking where your proof of aliens is, simply is not an answer prooving your poiint of view.

posted on Mar, 13 2003 @ 04:50 PM
link   
But how did "god" come to be."god" cant just be there, than all of a sudden decides to create "existance". I can't see how can a being with such a omnious power and knownladge be lonely or bored, and create crapy disobeying angles and humans that have their OWN will power he can't control.

Thus brings the question, "Is there othesr like "god" or was there any kind of existance before him?" How can "god be there before everything and all of a sudden makes everything in "6 or 7" days...?

posted on Mar, 13 2003 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quetz.
But how did "god" come to be."god" cant just be there, than all of a sudden decides to create "existance". I can't see how can a being with such a omnious power and knownladge be lonely or bored, and create crapy disobeying angles and humans that have their OWN will power he can't control.

Thus brings the question, "Is there others like "god" or was there any kind of existance before him?" How can "god be there before everything and all of a sudden makes everything in "6 or 7" days...?

For arguments sake, lets say that you are correct!......SO tell me where does it end???
Where do the other gods come from???
Who made them???

If science can come up with a theory of the Big Bang ,what caused the Big Bang in the first place???
Who ,or what caused this Big Bang???
Science has only proven what the Bible has always been saying..........
The Bible starts off with.......In the beginning......
Why does it start with the words "in the beginning"and not let's say ...and there was etc.........???

The earth was without form, and void;and darkness was upon the face of the deep.And the spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters(Gen1:2).
""Earth"" here is understood to mean the original matter,still not put into form,from which the Lord God during the six "days"formed and made the visible world-the universe.This unformed matter or chaos is called the deep,as being unfathomable and unlimmeted space and water, as water -like or mist -like matter.

posted on Mar, 13 2003 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Is this the web site your getting for information from? As for the bigbang, I don't know much, but from what I know,is that random matter was attracted to one certain point in "this Universe",than the mass got very intense and some how inploded (mixing the molecus) from with-in,than exploded outward, and the rest is to your imagination (in a non-Biblical way).

posted on Mar, 14 2003 @ 09:14 AM
link   
To have a "beginning" and an "end" with anything, including time, you have to have a reference point. Only with a reference point is there such a thing as beginning or end. That said, a correlating theory to the Big Bang, is that the universe (like all things in it) has cycles, and not a beginning and an end. Rather, it constantly expands, then collapses upon itself, and then expands again, and again, and so on. If this is indeed the case, then there was no "beginning" to it, as a "beginning" to anything is a human-constructed thought process. There are no true "beginnings" in the universe, as everything that existed, exists, and will exist, is already here, just simply in different forms...thus, why should the universe be any different? In other words, the "timeline" of the universe isn't a straight line from A (creation) to B (death), but a circle instead...(at least imho)

Great, now I have a headache...

posted on Mar, 16 2003 @ 05:57 AM
link   
so evolution is imposible because nothing can create itself?
then how about god?!

and why should i believe in god so i can go to heaven

i am a monkey and animals dont go to heaven, so either way i will just die

posted on Mar, 16 2003 @ 08:07 PM
link   
heres a link to a discussion on genesis and what the early church fathers have taught up to now...........if your interested..............

www.orthodoxinfo.com...

posted on Mar, 17 2003 @ 03:03 AM
link   
My GOD, UP you hit the nail on the head.

This universe is far too rare, to be some "accident", some, random probability. The Universe was set in motion, the question is not IS THERE A GOD, but HOW INVOLVED IS GOD?

As for the "how did god create himself" crap.

Learn what "Infinity" is. Nothing in this Universe is Infinite, it is all FINITE, so God obviously is that which we can not nearly grasp. Infinity.

[Edited on 17-3-2003 by Hammerite]

posted on Mar, 17 2003 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Things to keep in mind.

When talking about God's or 'God' you cannot apply laws of physics. Their very nature is that they are not bound to space and time, thus there is no creation or destruction, no beginning, no end, and no time, or size, etc etc. God (or gods) would not create itself because it has always existed. It can be a tough concept to grab because we are so bound by physics.

This is not to say they do or don't exist, just a point in discussion.

Another point is that Science can't explain everything so it is a bit presumptuous to assume that the laws of physics explain everything or everything must adhere to them. If so, how do we explain ones consciousness? We know it exists, but there is nothing physical to prove it.

On the other hand religion for the most part is based on faith. Proof defeats faith. Well, you get the picture. If one needs proof, they lack faith. Those on the other side would consider faith to be ignorance. Two different outlooks.

Just something to think about. Carry on. :-)

posted on Mar, 18 2003 @ 04:04 AM
link   
I've posted this elsewhere on this site but I found it amusing and felt it might also fit in here.

This is a copy of an article I found in a local newspaper, the 'Metro' on 17th March 2003.

Quote:

"It sounds fishy but two men claim a 20 pound carp warned them the end of the world is nigh - in Hebrew.
The 'miracle' happened when 30-year old fishmonger Luis Nivelo was about to club the catch to death in New York.
He ran to a colleague screaming: "The fish is talking. It's the devil, the devil is here."
Zalmen Rosen, 57, dashed in and recognised the fish was speaking in Hebrew.
He tried to kill it with a knife but missed, cut his thumb and was taken to hospital. Mr Nivelo returned to finish off the fish. He insisted yesterday: "I heard it talk. I can't sleep and I've lost weight." Mr Rosen added: "I wish I never said anything about it."
Being New York, businesses are already cashing in. One shop wanted to change it's slogan to 'Our fish speaks for itself.' - but feared people would be offended.

posted on Mar, 19 2003 @ 12:48 PM
link   
One nation, under Cod, with liberty and justice for all!

LOL!!!

posted on Mar, 24 2003 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Hey I heard an interesting theory about where we all came from. You've got to imagine there was load of dimensions first though. But dimensions, come on, they're negligable - can't we just let them go as always having been around? Alright I know, but I like the theory anyway;

In the beginning there were ten dimensions and then for some reason (oops again - a bit of a gap here) they were unstable and 6 got separated from the 4 we know of and curled up really small (superstring related theory). This is where the wormhole thing comes from - opening up one of these 6 from the miniscule things they curled into gives you paths from one part of the 4th dimension, space time - to another. So some people have been saying the big bang was the energy that was unleashed during the collapse of the 6 small dimensions.

After that...we know how the planets were formed and then I can believe life came from electricity, science and rocks. I don't know why - but it seems logical enough to me - we're just energy with a brain after all.

By the way all, I ain't a 14 year old know it all - so please don't think I'm shouting the odds here - this is just another theory I found and I almost think I could buy this one. What da ya say?

posted on Mar, 25 2003 @ 08:05 AM
link   
what about the possibility that we created ourselves, if you dont understand what i mean, i am not going to explain it....

posted on Mar, 25 2003 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hammerite

This universe is far too rare, to be some "accident", some, random probability. The Universe was set in motion, the question is not IS THERE A GOD, but HOW INVOLVED IS GOD?

Learn what "Infinity" is. Nothing in this Universe is Infinite, it is all FINITE, so God obviously is that which we can not nearly grasp. Infinity.

Saying that the universe is to rare to be some accident isn't nesscerly correct... I mean you don't know how long it might have waited before being created therefore the probability could vary... It might actually be an accident...

posted on Mar, 25 2003 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hammerite

Why couldn't the universe be infinite? (everexisting is a better word) Would that make the universe God?

posted on Apr, 5 2003 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Darwin's theory of evolution claims that the first living cell was accidentally created from just the right, random combination of ingredients over millions of years, but modern scientists from microbiologists to chemists are beginning to realize--and easily prove through the laws of mathematical probability--that the odds against this theory are so astronomical that it's impossible. Because of these calculations even a growing number of evolutionists are being forced to admit that because the simplest living cell is so incredibly complicated, the time it would take to be formed through purely random forces of nature would take billions and billions of years longer than the age of the entire universe!

peace

posted on Apr, 5 2003 @ 10:27 AM
link   
If the universe if infinite, then logically there would be at least something in this universe that also exists eternally. Any suggestions?

posted on Apr, 7 2003 @ 01:58 PM
link   
"that the odds against this theory are so astronomical that it's impossible"

Given this as your reasoning, then it is absolutely astounding that one wins the lottery about every week...

Just because the odds are against something, doesn't mean it will never happen....

posted on Apr, 7 2003 @ 11:52 PM
link   
I really don't see how one can distinguish between God and an alien.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join