It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dolphin slaughter film, "The Cove," anti-Japanese?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 07:34 AM
link   
I came across an interesting article where this film has been canceled for showings in Tokyo, because of threats of protest by people who consider the film to be, anti-Japanese, because this type of slaughter is considered cultural?

I don't know if any of you have seen this wonderful documentary, which is very informative, but after reading the article, on the exposure of this slaughter, do you think it's anti-Japanese? The film is very brutal, and to say the least, informative. I think everyone should be able to see it.

abcnews.go.com...

I suppose that a film could be made about where there are over populations of deer in the US, and people can kill them out of season, with permission, but would that make a film on that topic, anti-American?

Please share your thoughts.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 08:24 AM
link   
This is very typical Japanse behaviour.Anything that makes them look unsympathetic is drowned out and more importantly heavily supported by the people.imo that kind of support by the people would start to dwindle if this kind of information was let to reign free and be talked about more in japan as a result of it.At least that is how i have always experencied how the japanese handle these kind of things.

As for the Deers i dont think that is the same as it is done to controll the populatation of deers in order to protect that population wich is not the case with these dolphins.It is as the japanese say "A cultural thing".in other words , quite pointless imo.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Rafe_

Yes, I don't get why it's a cultural thing, even when in this article dated from 2007, the meat from dolphins is considered in Japan, to be very toxic.

search.japantimes.co.jp...

I mean it isn't safe to eat, anyway, so why the outrage? Is it just cultural to bash the brains out of these mammals, even when not safe for consumption?

[edit on 5-6-2010 by Blanca Rose]

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Blanca Rose

I actually never knew that dolphin flesh was toxic to be honest.So indeed,why do they slaughter dolphins?

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   
its not poision unless it has mercery like much of the rest of sea life can get read the articial link

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by xxcalbier

You are right,I hadnt read that article but it clearly states that its the mercury that is the problem.

For what is believed to be the first time anywhere in Japan, elected officials have openly condemned the consumption of dolphin meat, especially in school lunches, on grounds that it is dangerously contaminated with mercury.

The Taiji assemblymen, who are both independents, also condemned the growing practice of feeding this meat to children in their school lunches — describing it as no less than "toxic waste."

Not only that but even dangerous amounts.That doesnt seem like good news for the dolphin population even without the japanese slaughtering them.

top topics

join