It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Titan: Nasa scientists discover evidence 'that alien life exists on Saturn's moon'

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by VonDoomen

I suspect oxygen would play a part in the metabolic process but, yes, I agree: the exciting part is that it suggests that radically different life chemistries may be out there... or for that matter, right here on Earth.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by VonDoomen

Of course there is Unlimited possibilities of different types of life forms

carbon based, silicon based or what ever especially with Trillions and

Trillions of star systems in this particular universe that can contain life as

we know and do not know it. ^Y^

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Titan along with Europa have always fascinated me.

I am convinced there are complicated lifeforms swimming in the sea's flowing beneath the ice. This is very exciting.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
NASA never succeeds to send any Astronaut to the moon surface since JFK, than how could say lab lab lab…

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Curious on how NASA are starting to declare information like this. It is obvious they have to run it past the government first before they expose the truth to us. But it seems very strange that they would tell us something like this.

Even though they only stated that it could be something "breathing" in the upper atmosphere, so really could be anything or a chemical reaction. I feel we will start to hear and learn about more strange activites that are taking place in our solar system.

Clever new scheme to desensitize us slowly as something is expected in the future?

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthKix

i d like to agree with you but i dont know a lot of people who are following NASA claims on a daily basis. if this was some kind of preparation or desensitivation (?) this should be done on MSM.

Oh and as i always say, dont trust NASA :s

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by john124

Wouldn't a life form that breathes Hydrogen and eats Methane be kind of...explosive!

A stray spark and boom! All life wiped out.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by spikey

You know thats a very good point, I wonder wether any planned mission to the planet would have to take that into account, with regard to the propulsion method . It would be scandalous (and typical of us humans) if our first real chance of seeing alien life was taken away from us in a flare from our own rockets!

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 06:42 AM
link   
I find this sort of thing utterly exciting! I am even fond of our bots on Mars,

Spirit and Opportunity.

Well, let's see what Titan yields.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by jakemil

u sertianly have an interesting sence of humor but what would other sentiant beings think of your desires to consum what might be our neighbors in our system lol

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
You can find a very current, 1 hour lecture with QandA included, at the following link.
The lecture is given by NASA Ames Dr. Chris McKay
enjoy

Titan: Past, Present, Future - Chris McKay (SETI Talks)

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   
OMG, we can't even feed our own race. Don't spoil something else.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join