It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House: Obama may use executive privilege to withhold Kagan documents

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   

White House: Obama may use executive privilege to withhold Kagan documents

kaganwatch.com

In a letter to Sen. Jeff Sessions, the ranking Republican on the Judiciary Committee Republican, Robert Bauer, counsel to Obama, implied the president may use executive privilege to hide some memos Elena Kagan wrote when she served in the Clinton White House.

“President Obama does not intend to assert executive privilege over any of the documents requested by the Committee,” Bauer writes.

“Of course, President Clinton also has an interest in these records, and his representative is reviewing them now,” he adds.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   
I am wary of the source but... come on. A little transparency would be nice. Americans deserve to know how her opinion is reflected on certain issues and if these memos reflect those opinions, shouldn't they be released.

It would do Obama some good to stop flexing his muscle every chance he gets...

kaganwatch.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   
The peace prize winning/warmongering/transparency promoting/non transparent president will use the same methods he criticized the last idiot in office for using. Hypocrisy anyone?

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Rynocerous7

Don't worry, I know Bush is behind this somehow... just wait and I have no doubt Obama or some other Democrat will find a way to blame Bush. Afterall, everything's his fault (BP, financial crisis, Middle East crisis, etc,etc.) to this day.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   
He used an executive order to seal his documents, so it's entirely possible he could. After all it's the administration of transparency. It's so transparent you can't see it.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   
You mean something like the transparency he was promising his loyal followers during his campaign
Never gonna happen.

Broken campaign promises, complete lack of transparency, and a severe case of muscle flexing, Obama is a true Chicago politician through and through

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Portugoal

I have to admit though, many of the people I know who voted for the current puppet are starting to get seriously pissed. There may be hope after all haha

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   

This is no surprise. Obama has utter contempt for the entire democratic process. His actions make the old Soviet Union seem like an open and transparent government. Stalin would be proud of Obama.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Guys, Obama runs the most "transparent administration ever," just as he promised. You guys are so negative.

If this wasn't the case, how would we know:

-when he's playing a pick-up basketball game
-how often he goes on vacation
-how much his $17000 dinners cost
-that he signed the Freedom of the Press Act in a symbol of his transparency (just before not taking any reporter questions)
-he doesn't like the Arizona immigration law
-BP is completly at fault for the oil spill, and a little bit of it falls on GWB as well
-he condemned Israel, yet vetoes international condemnation

-he had nothing to do with the Sestak/Romanoff job offers

Shame on all of you

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   

It will never fly if he tries it. She will not be confirmed without the records being released, not all of the democrats will vote for her.

This is another botched move. He knew that Stevens was either going to pull the pin or vapor-lock, yet he did not have advance vetting done on his short list of candidates.

Now he has an extreme loon as his nominee and he can do one of two things. Pull the nomination or lock up the records. The former might work if she can be convincing enough when she withdraws her nomination, but either way he is going to get another incompetence merit badge on his brown shirt.

[edit on 3-6-2010 by dolphinfan]

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   
So much for tranparent gorvenment...and they have the nerve to attack conspiracy theorists, when the governement, and in the case, obama is a mastermind of one* ironic dont ya think

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rynocerous7

I have to admit though, many of the people I know who voted for the current puppet are starting to get seriously pissed. There may be hope after all haha

That is interesting.

Most of the people I know who voted for him think he is wonderful and doing a great job.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Jessicamsa

Jessicamsa, Thanks for reminding me of this quote..

"If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." - Sirius Black

Now if we use that lens to look at Obama, What do we see?

Sorry Op, not trying to derail the thread.

I think if they hide her papers, it's bad juju for us.

Kind'a strange that he's now doing it for others as well.

Something is starting to stink like last years trash.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Doing a great job at what exactly?

So far all he has done is work for a solid year to get health care reform passed, try to bribe people not to run against his buddies and flex his muscle about the oil spill.

You might need to find a smarter group of friends.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cygnis

Jessicamsa, Thanks for reminding me of this quote..

"If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." - Sirius Black

Now if we use that lens to look at Obama, What do we see?

Sorry Op, not trying to derail the thread.

I think if they hide her papers, it's bad juju for us.

Kind'a strange that he's now doing it for others as well.

Something is starting to stink like last years trash.

Do you know where that quote is from?

Something has been stinking in this country for a long time.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Just because it came from a harry potter book doesn't mean the message of it is any less true.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Miracle Man

Doing a great job at what exactly?

So far all he has done is work for a solid year to get health care reform passed, try to bribe people not to run against his buddies and flex his muscle about the oil spill.

You might need to find a smarter group of friends.

They are all family members. I'm kind of stuck with them.

I don't think anyone in our government does a great job.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   

No one in the government does a great job?

I'm sure thats not entirely true. I don't know everyone in the government, but I think its safe to assume a few do a good job. A lot don't, but I'm willing to bet everything I own there are a few who do.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Just because it came from a harry potter book doesn't mean the message of it is any less true.

Oh I know. It's majorly true.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 12:31 AM
link   

No one in the government does a great job?

I'm sure thats not entirely true. I don't know everyone in the government, but I think its safe to assume a few do a good job. A lot don't, but I'm willing to bet everything I own there are a few who do.

You are a lot more optimistic than I am.

I think maybe several decades ago, way before I was ever created, a politician maybe did a great job. Does that sound better?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join