It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where is Nano-thermite When We Need It?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   
After spending a considerable amount of time going through the 9-11 threads and reading about some of the theories about how the towers collapsed, I have one question. Where is the nano-thermite?

I have been watching BP's efforts to cut the drill pipe so that it could be capped. If there was ever a need for a cutting charge that contained it's own oxidizer it's now. So I'm asking. Where is the nano-thermite?

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Hidden in Alex's Jones' basement

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Thermite is not practical to use at 5000 feet below the surface of the Ocean. Who would set it? How would you get it down there? How would you make sure its only cutting the pipe and not something far more important?

The synthetic diamond tipped saws are easily the best bet you have when working in those conditions.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Man1fesT
Thermite is not practical to use at 5000 feet below the surface of the Ocean. Who would set it? How would you get it down there? How would you make sure its only cutting the pipe and not something far more important?

The synthetic diamond tipped saws are easily the best bet you have when working in those conditions.

There is no reason why a thermite charge won't work at that depth. Thermal lances have been used for years in underwater salvage. The only reason I don't reccommend the use of a lance is the problems of controlling it with an ROV.

Since the size and material of the drill pipe is known, it would be very easy to fabricate a cuttung charge that can be placed by a ROV. The charge doesn't have to be that big. The pipe should be easier to cut than a large I-beam. Remember we are talking about nano-thermite here. Only a few ounces should be needed.

new topics

top topics

join