It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Megaphone: Undeniable Proof of Israeli Propaganda on Forums like ATS

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Has any action been taken so far?

It seems like everyone's posts who have been "outed" are still up.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Judging by the amount of ANTI-Israeli propaganda and hate out there, particularly on this sight, I can't say I blame them..

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   
heres a method i think may be quickest to finding out how this software works.

does anyone host their own website?

someone would have to download the software, and direct it at that site.

And then see if they central IP's or personal IP's. Personals would be a lot harder to stamp out.

Heres my official stance, No group should be allowed to use this type of software.
israeli or palestinian.

also isnt there some rule in the sites T&C that prevents this?

I remember a thread a couple days ago that got closed down because it directed people to some kind of political poll or movement. Damn wish i could remember the exact phrasing, but liberally i think you could apply it to this

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
This software basically does what Google Alerts does ... although if it does what OP says it would be prepopulated and updated with specific search terms.

It still needs a way of finding the articles, and maybe even taps into Google Alerts API (if there is one). Or it could use a search spider created by the developer, or even a list of so called "known sites". Somone would have to check that out to see how it works.

Regardless, no one will ever stop propoganda (no matter the method of delivery), so why focus on the tools? ...

Better to focus on self education and the integrity of your own morals and beliefs. IMHO.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Shark_Feeder

Blocking is not so much an issue I think as exposing and being aware of this type of mind game.

So its kinda like forum vigilantism?

So we are going to go after people who have joined in the last couple days because we find them suspicious?

Should you really be posting names, you have zero proof?

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   
It seems to me that the function of the software is not a violation of the T&C at all. For example:

Automated Voting - So long as you don't seek to undermine or falsify the system, if you wish to allow a piece of software to star and flag threads for you, that's not a violation of much of anything. Having said that, I doubt that their software does so for this site in particular.

Direction to Subject Matter - The software does not post for you. From my understanding the organization that built and maintains the software 'flags' sites where they think pro-Israel contributors are needed. Being directed to a site by a 3rd party source is also hardly a violation of T&C. In a sense it is merely politically motivated content syndication.

It is good to be aware that this is occurring and as one of the administrators said earlier in this thread, this may lead to violations of T&C and if it does they will enforce. You can't ask for much more. I do however appreciate this thread very much. These sorts of PR tactics are underhanded and often gain more traction precisely because people are ignorant of them. While I don't think it makes sense to look for intervention based on the use of the software I think it's a great idea to bring it to everyone's attention.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by breakingdradles

It seems like everyone's posts who have been "outed" are still up.

Maybe they didn't break TOS.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Crimson_King

You know it is a sad state of affairs when a regime pays thousands of people to go online and make false votes in order to skew popular opinion polls......and they STILL lose

[edit on 1-6-2010 by BlackOps719]

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
reply to post by Shark_Feeder

Blocking is not so much an issue I think as exposing and being aware of this type of mind game.

So its kinda like forum vigilantism?

So we are going to go after people who have joined in the last couple days because we find them suspicious?

Should you really be posting names, you have zero proof?

I guess that depends what you mean by 'go after'. If you think you've found a shill was guided here by this software, you can:

1. Ignore them and convince your friends and allies to do the same.

2. Report them for violation of T&C.

For '1', that would make book clubs vigilante groups - advising others towards or away from content you think they will or won't be interested in. For '2', the moderators assess whether it's a violation and make their own choice. Sort of like calling the police to report suspicious activity - if you do it all the time and the people are innocent, it's obnoxious but not exactly vigilantism.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   
This reminds me of certain posters on ATS that post exclusively in the 9/11 forums saying the government story is 100% truth and we don't need another investigation.

I find some posters that limits his comments to one controversial forum or topic at ATS to be suspect of a planned and orchestrated agenda paid or not.

So this is not exclusive to Israeli topics.

Thankfully ATS has some of the most intelligent and critical minds on the net.
Checking a poster post and thread history can be very revealing.
Usually there will be multiple posters that call them out on this, and that should never be against the TOS.

[edit on 1-6-2010 by Blue_Jay33]

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Ok, after scouring 118 pages of posts my eyes are hurting.

The good news for me is that I wont have to kiss gambon and that certainly comes as a relief because the majority of first time posters on that thread were for the pro-Israeli action.

But on the other hand there were a couple of folks who joined and were anti-Israeli action. And there were a couple of first time contributors who seemed pretty much neutral.

Here were the results:

First Time Poster for the dates of 31/5/10 to 1/6/10 on the 'Reports: Israeli ships attack aid flotilla' thread:

ProIsraeli actions taken: 7
(they agreed with what Israel did)

AntiIsraeli actions taken: 3
(they were against what Israel did)

Neutral on actions taken: 3
(they seemed on the fence about this)

I was certain that the majority of those posters would indeed be ProIsraeli and was right. But I have to be honest and admit that I thought that the margin of disparity would be at least 3-1, not 2.3-1

One could also add the Anti/Neutral posts together and almost make parity with a 7/6 margin.

Perhaps the the shills are indeed here, but not yet at the levels that I suspected or one can argue that they are not here yet at all in all fairness or not to the levels that I had suspected at least.

I still maintain that the OP has given us an excellent article that brings attention to the organization level that shills have recently obtained.

I'm also happy that a Moderator has posted here and that this thread is not going unnoticed by the staff because this sort of organized lobbying is a potential serious threat to ATS and I for one will discreetly report these things to the Moderation staff as they've suggested that we do.

[edit on 1-6-2010 by warequalsmurder]

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by mattias
Judging by the amount of ANTI-Israeli propaganda and hate out there, particularly on this sight, I can't say I blame them..

Why do people always refer "people's opinion" concerning Israeli actions HATE? It is an opinion based on real life events. Israeli actions on many occasions has invoked negative responses because their actions were negative.

It's not considered HATE just because its ISRAEL. Would it be considered HATE concerning how Israel treats the rest of the world?

How about this... There is so much ANTI-PALESTINIAN propaganda and HATE coming out of Israel.

How did that feel?

AAC

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   
That site is a fantastic idea, Americans need software like that to update us when constitutional rights are being infringed and/or taken away.

If we can get a Pro-American Version that would be great!

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I always use proxies for surfing, Tor network or when I use torrents to get my 'Yarrr' on.

therefore I must be a GiJew!...

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   
I would be careful of what you are saying about Israel .

In Genesis it speaks of Abraham who is the father of the Nation of Israel

[1] Now the LORD had said unto Abram, Get thee out of thy country, and from thy kindred, and from thy father's house, unto a land that I will shew thee:
[2] And I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name great; and thou shalt be a blessing:
[3] And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed.

Now that our nation is mostly against Israel look at how we are becoming more and more poor more disasters.

When ever this nation is behind Israel we have been prosperous.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Carman was right.
Second line.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   
so basically anyone that disagrees with you on your stance in israel is an israeli propaganda plant? what makes you think that the muslim countries surounding israel are not ampatheid? or that the bulk of the third world is as well?

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blue_Jay33
This reminds me of certain posters on ATS that post exclusively in the 9/11 forums saying the government story is 100% truth and we don't need another investigation.

I find some posters that limits his comments to one controversial forum or topic at ATS to be suspect of a planned and orchestrated agenda paid or not.

So this is not exclusive to Israeli topics.

Thankfully ATS has some of the most intelligent and critical minds on the net.
Checking a poster post and thread history can be very revealing.
Usually there will be multiple posters that call them out on this, and that should never be against the TOS.

[edit on 1-6-2010 by Blue_Jay33]

BINGO....Not just the 9/11 forums either. They are on MANY different forums and subjects. It is usually the same half dozen or so folks who rifle all up and down the first page of said forum or on every thread regarding a particular subject, ridiculing anyone discussing these 'conspiracies' as being either stupid or crazy. The motive behind this is intimidation. This intimidation serves to stifle open discussion or questioning of events, by silencing the members through ridicule. Straight out of the CIA playbook. Disgusting.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Son of Will
Frankly, they would never be able to get a foothold on ATS. This is a place designated for critical thinking as well as questioning the official line. Political propaganda is something that you don't need a Ph.D to deconstruct. All it takes is a bit of critical thinking and discernment.

Spot on, spot on. That is why I like coming to this site, we are literally a think tank and many of us in here are able to spot a spammer or a flamer or whomever that have a mission to thwart the discussion.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by warequalsmurder

I to am glad........

that seems like a fairly even spread as well tbh, well within norms I would have thought , nice one on having the patience to follow up on it...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join