It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al-Qaeda's leader Mustafa Abu al-Yazid believed to be dead.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   
56 year old Mustafa Abu al-Yazid AKA Sayeed al-Masri.. is thought tonight to have been killed, He is thought to be a top leader AL-QAEDA and died along side 5 of his family members including his wife and children.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/27726134318b.jpg[/atsimg]
en.wikipedia.org...

AL-QAEDA made a statement this evening that there director of operations has been killed,

So here we go again! I wont believe it until i see the evidence as this guy seems to always be dead and then arises in videos months later.

If it is so then this will surly be pretty big news.

More to follow...

Link updates:
blogs.abcnews.com...

afghanistan.blogs.cnn.com...

[edit on 31-5-2010 by asala]

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   
You're right. Its not a given. Although usually when "they" eulogize the dead, they're dead.

Qaeda : Statement regarding the martyrdom of the Mujahid Sheikh Mustafa Abu al-Yazid

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   
This would be good news for the Allies. What other sources of news do we have?

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   
The others that are thought to have died are his wife and children,

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Double post

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

It's Just hitting the wires now so other Main stream news are just getting it,

Again i dont think we can 100% beleive them unless we have an independent verification of the body.

BNO news show a screen shot of the announcement,

twitpic.com...

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   
A US official has just stated that he has strong reason to believe the senior Al-qaeda figure,

Reuters: U.S. OFFICIAL - STRONG REASON TO BELIEVE SENIOR AL QAEDA FIGURE AL-MASRI KILLED IN PAKISTANI TRIBAL AREAS

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   
He was also apparently killed on August 13, 2008 in another air strike.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel
What other sources of news do we have?

Several of "their" sites are carrying the news.

Originally posted by asala
The others that are thought to have died are his wife and children,

Thats what makes me think that this airstrike was a double whammy.
Top link between al Qaeda and Taliban thought killed in US Predator strike in Khyber

A Taliban commander who serves as a key link to al Qaeda and who carried out the assassination of a former Pakistani prime minister is said to have been killed in a US predator strike in Khyber in mid-May.

The commander, Ebad-ul-Rehman, is thought to have been killed in a May 15 airstrike in the Tirah Valley in the Khyber tribal agency along with his brother Yousaf, eight Uzbek fighters, and three Taliban fighters, The News reported. Two civilians, a woman and a child, were also said to have been killed in an attack that targeted a Taliban compound and training camp.

Just guessing.

Originally posted by webpirate
He was also apparently killed on August 13, 2008 in another air strike.

But they didn't give him a eulogy. He immediately popped up in a video announcing he was not dead.

[edit on 5/31/10 by makeitso]

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by webpirate

Yes. That is really weird and difficult to pinpoint.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Yeah this guy seems to be part cat. Nine lives and all. Think I will wait a little longer before I pass out the cigars.

BTW Romantic Rebel--I like the new signature.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   
U.S. govt. officials: the #3 guy in Al-Qaeda is dead. he was the conduit between bin Laden & the rest of the terror group

Senior US officials tell ABC News death of al-Qaeda's No. 3 is a "big victory" and could be a "major blow to al-Qaeda."

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

Thank you amigo. My friend used photoshop.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   
From what I'm finding now, it looks like he was killed this time at some point last week possibly.

It's been said by some US leaders that his death is more important than bin-Laden's or Ayman al-Zawahiri.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   
It does make me wonder...
If this indeed is true which this story seems to be gaining according to US inteligence,

Did this fellow on his video released on December 30 that claimed responsibility for the attack on a base in eastern Afghanistan that killed seven CIA officers and consultants and a Jordanian army captain give away where he was hiding out...

This also comes about when today 2 other Al-qaeda members where arrested in Iraq
www.rttnews.com...

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by asala

Are you saying you think they traced him from the video? I wonder. If that's what you mean, that would be interesting to learn the backstory to this. Like that would ever happen, though..

and if the PTB did release some background on it, the source (them) would make me wonder if it was the truth anyway.

[edit on 31/5/2010 by Chamberf=6]

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by asala

That's an interesting point. Making a video in one place and then staying there for whatever reason could well have been what gave it away.

I just noticed this.
I had seen that he had claimed responsibility in the assassination of Benazir Bhutto, former Prime Minister of Pakistan. But I just found a link from Saeed to the assassination of Anwar Sadat, and he served several years in prison for it.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   
I was wrong. He was killed in Datta Khel Pakistan, not Kyber.

Mustafa Abu Yazid confirmed killed in airstrike in North Waziristan

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 04:40 AM
link   
reply to post by asala

In the overall scheme of things this won't matter at all either will anything else because Obama isn't willing to undertake a Marshall aid style program that builds the much badly needed infrastructure in Afghanistan . Without infrastructure construction the Afghan government can't function and the people will have no job opportunity's other then fighting for the enemy .

Cheers xpert11.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   
So doesn't number 4 become the new number 3?! And so on?
See how this war on terror will never end?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join